Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried different brand tires besides Pirelli or Michelin and are they as noisy as the Pirellis.
I need to buy new tires, Pirellis are really loud at 25K miles noise started at 15K and just getting louder.
I have the same Pirelli tires on my Audi Q5 with 36K mile they are great quit like new.
Pease help if you have any advise I am willing to listen I just can't stand the noise anymore.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What size wheels do you have? Noticed a lot of people here have switched to Atturos and seem to be extremely happy, but it appears they are available only in a limited number of sizes. Had them on my old SQ5. Thought they handled just as good as the Michelin‘s, with better ride quality and far longer tread life, and the price was right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size wheels do you have? Noticed a lot of people here have switched to Atturos and seem to be extremely happy, but it appears they are available only in a limited number of sizes. Had them on my old SQ5. Thought they handled just as good as the Michelin‘s, with better ride quality and far longer tread life, and the price was right.
I have the 18

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the 18
Atturo does make the AZ850 summer tire in the correct sizes. I had AZ850’s on my SQ5, and they were great. If you want to maximize the Macan’s handling, you definitely want to stick with a summer tire.

But some people have no choice but to compromise with an all season fire. Atturo makes an all season tire called the AZ610, but it’s not available in the the correct sizes.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
We have 2018 Macan with 19's and at 16k miles the Pirelli Scorpians are just loud. I have been looking on Tire Rack at the Continental DWS and the Vredestein Quatrac. I've had the Continentals on several VWs and our XC70 and have been satisfied with the wear and handling. I noticed the Vresdestein gets great reviews and a reasonable price. Might be worth look.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The Pirelli’s howled terribly. Until your post I’d forgotten howl awful that noise was. I replaced them with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06’s and enjoy blissful silence. They’re pretty good on snow and ice too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Can folks please post the full name of their tires? There are Scorpion Verde, Scorpion Zero, Pzero, etc. When it’s not clear it sounds like all Pirellis are bad. Would be good to know exactly which tires so others can use them as reference.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No issues on the Verdes here. When you feel them the rubber is bit harder for treadlife for sure and if you were to pussssh very hard they would probably drift a bit as the rubber crumbles/shred off vs sticking. I have a couple chunks out on the outer edges of my front tires. My outer edges look like they has 10k more miles on them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
At 22k I had 6-7/32 on all 4 with even wear and no big complaints except NOISE”. Replaced (after sleepless nights) with Scorpion

·
Registered
61 Posts
Verdes were aok except for NOISE. Replaced (even wear, 6/32 F&R) with PZero all seasons plus in oem 20” size and am favorably impressed albeit at 2k miles on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
20" Pirelli Scorpion Verde here w/16k miles on my 2018 S and no issues with noise, etc. I plan to get another set when due

·
Registered
15 Posts
How’s the Scorpion Verde in the winter with light snow? New GTS owner and I’m trying to decide if I need dedicated winters.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
How’s the Scorpion Verde in the winter with light snow? New GTS owner and I’m trying to decide if I need dedicated winters.
They are OK. Last winter I switched to dedicated Michelin Latitude Alpin LA2 snow tires on a separate set of 20 inch wheels. BIG difference. Just makes for a better winter program.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
They are OK. Last winter I switched to dedicated Michelin Latitude Alpin LA2 snow tires on a separate set of 20 inch wheels. BIG difference. Just makes for a better winter program.
@wwhal, can I ask why you chose 20" for your winter set vs. 19"? I believe you're out west, so not sure how snowy/mountainous the conditions are you are driving in. I have yet to receive my 2020 GTS, but already thinking about what to do about second set for winter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts