Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 993 C4S / 2017 Macan S / 2014 Cayenne
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2017 Macan S-New with plans to keep the car for a very long time as it is (1) of (3) Porsche products we own. I live in Manhattan Beach, Ca so you can figure out who my local dealer is.
  • November 25, 2020 the Car is out of Factory warranty
  • March 2021 29,361 Miles develops the timing chain cover leak. They pull the engine and complete the repair. The dealer Tops off the oil and does not do an oil change. I requested to not change the oil until they identify the leak. So they did not change the oil. Porsche good will charged me $1,929.76. They had the car 34 days. I had to go back and pay for an oil change and another trip to the dealer.
  • September [email protected] 32,030 Miles My wife noticed the car was chugging sometimes at low speeds in low gears only. I was not sure as I drive the Cayenne most of the time. November 25, 2021 I have the PDK serviced and Run a OBD fault Scan. $1,559.26
  • April 14, 2022 The Car will not get out of 3 gear and will barley drive. (2) Fault warnings. (1) engine Control Fault, Consult work shop, driving permitted (2) Possible R Gear Fault, driving permitted.
  • I limp it to my dealer.. First I am informed the controller for the transmission is faulty and it is covered by the cars emissions Warranty. No such luck
  • I am than informed after testing the PDK is faulty and needs to be replacement. $25,860.13 and Porsche Good will wants me to pay $5,900.00
The car has been at the dealer for 4 weeks and I am going to go get it on a flat bed. I will not give them the pleasure repairing the car. My Macan S was a seriously bad purchase and I regret Buying that car and especially that dealer! Peter Ocampo

·
Registered
2022 Papaya Macan S
20 Posts
This is scary stuff. For an even more frightening read see link below and I think the author is right on in his assessment of questioning consumer rights for locking out customers and independent repair shops from a more reasonable PDK repair and replacement cost.

I sold a 2012 PDK Carrera last year and it only had 23000 miles and obviously out of warranty. I would no way want to shell out $25K for a new PDK transmission and I pray the local buyer will have years of trouble free running. I asked my SA about this when I picked up my manual cayman in December and he said in 10 years he has only heard of 2 PDK failures (at his dealership). I cannot fathom all the PDKs that will be in the used market in years to come and how many will eventually experience a PDK fault out of warranty. Are the new PDK porsches as bulletproof as the old manual and tiptronic ones? Dont know yet any repair bill in five figures will put the fear of God in anyone AND sour one on the brand forever.

I suggest Porsche offer a full 10 year warranty on all PDKs!!

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
Didn’t Porsche offer goodwill on the PDK repair and it would cost ~$6k to OP?

Reactions: 95B3.6

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|ACC|Escargot
243 Posts
What will the dealer offer on trade in as-is? That might tell you if it makes sense to pay the $5,900 and then sell it to a private party or trade it in as a working vehicle.

Unfortunate scenario however you look at it though.

·
Registered
2022 Papaya Macan S
20 Posts
OP said I am than informed after testing the PDK is faulty and needs to be replacement. $25,860.13 and Porsche Good will wants me to pay $5,900.00

Guys really? It now sounds like a good deal to have to cough up $6 large ones to replace a PDK on a 5 yr old vehicle with less than 30,000 miles.

This is really a now and future problem for Porsche and somehow they want to continue to look like the hero and that there is no problem. PDKs have been around now what 10-12 years and we are just getting started with the number of used vehicles on the market...I have one now and really really will think hard about carrying it forward when the warranty runs out. What else on the car has a possible bill of $25,000 to fix and breaks when we treated it with all the maintenance and care intended. May be the entire engine...

It will be interesting to continue to follow the PDK stories and how Porsche's policy may change...I say again, Porsche give us at least a 10 yr full warranty on this $25 thousand transmission...which is supposed to be bulletproof and last the life of the car.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
What is the car value in the market? Maybe sell it by parts. Seriously, there will be a time where enough is enough and not worth putting any more money in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts