Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Macan Forum!

I have a 2017 Macan S with 21,500 miles.

I picked it up last year (Summer 2019) with 14,000 miles.

It has factory warranty remaining until March 2021.

My question is this -- should I consider taking any extra steps or adding an extended warranty (while I can under the factory 4/50)? The options I've looked at quite $$$, and I just don't know how long I intend to keep the vehicle.

Haven't had any issues, and they took care of the oil leak (known issue) at time or purchase last year.

Thoughts? Please and thank you.

TT

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Hi Macan Forum!

My question is this -- should I consider taking any extra steps or adding an extended warranty (while I can under the factory 4/50)? The options I've looked at quite $$$, and I just don't know how long I intend to keep the vehicle.

Haven't had any issues, and they took care of the oil leak (known issue) at time or purchase last year.

TT
Yes, maybe and no. It is time to commit. That is a great model and the cost to replace it is significant, The major depreciation has gone by. The mileage is nothing but good. If I was making that decision i'd think about souping it up with a Cobb AP and tossing new tires on it and airing it out for another hundred thousand miles. But I am not you.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Hi Macan Forum!

TT
I have done it twice. The first time it paid for itself and the second time the car didn't break. That 4K or so can go toward a new car and trading it in ought to at least be considered .
I have three Porsches right now of which two are out of warranty , I am not buying aftermarket but I am prepared to pay for a big expense , Those two are NOT SUV's though. I am trading in the third (my Macan) with a decent amount of warranty left.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here in UK I took out a Porsche Approved warranty back in August to cover my car from 5 to 7 years. In the Terms and Conditions of the Warranty it stated that I would get a pro-rata refund of any unused warranty if I sold the car to a non-Porsche trader. (If I'd sold the car privately or traded back to a Porsche dealer then the Warranty would have stayed with the car).

I did then sell the car to a non-Porsche trader last month, and am awaiting my refund. It may be worth checking your terms and conditions to see if any warranty extension in the US will give you the same flexibility.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Here in UK I took out a Porsche Approved warranty back in August to cover my car from 5 to 7 years. In the Terms and Conditions of the Warranty it stated that I would get a pro-rata refund of any unused warranty if I sold the car to a non-Porsche trader. (If I'd sold the car privately or traded back to a Porsche dealer then the Warranty would have stayed with the car).

I did then sell the car to a non-Porsche trader last month, and am awaiting my refund. It may be worth checking your terms and conditions to see if any warranty extension in the US will give you the same flexibility.
Do they Gove you that option as an original owner ? Here they don't . You'd have to trade the car in , have them CPO it, and then buy your car back . I did it once with a BMW . It cost me about 3K back then (20 years ago) on a much cheaper car .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do they Gove you that option as an original owner ? Here they don't . You'd have to trade the car in , have them CPO it, and then buy your car back . I did it once with a BMW . It cost me about 3K back then (20 years ago) on a much cheaper car .
I was the original owner (since Sep 2015), but I couldn't have 'cashed in' the original 3 year 'factory' warranty.

I purchased an additional two years Porsche Approved Warranty at the 3 year point (for £1440) and again at the 5 year point (again for £1440). Each time the car had to go to Porsche for a 111-point inspection before they would issue the extended warranty.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I was the original owner (since Sep 2015), but I couldn't have 'cashed in' the original 3 year 'factory' warranty.

I purchased an additional two years Porsche Approved Warranty at the 3 year point (for £1440) and again at the 5 year point (again for £1440). Each time the car had to go to Porsche for a 111-point inspection before they would issue the extended warranty.
I wish they offered.here . You have no idea how many guys wish they could have their car cpo at warranty end .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts