Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
It looks normal to me...
Or am I missing something? 800 RPM or so seems to be standard for just about any car I've driven before including my Macan.

Perhaps you're looking for it to turn off with the auto start/stop. If that's the case, you might've turned it off accidentally. It's the (A) button on the bottom right of the shifter.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I guess it would also depend on the actual model.

My S idles at around 600 in normal mode.
In Sport and Sport+ it increases ~150 per step as I recall.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum, bennyji -- looks like mine at normal idle: steady at 800

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a base turbo model, not s, not gts.

And I didn't turn on the sport mode.

So it is high, base on you guys at 600-800, mine is always 900, which seems high.

So here comes another question, since mine is still under warranty, should I go back to Porsche to ask then to tune it down for me? I called them once a while ago, and they said they can't!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, can the parking assistance function be turned off permanently? Currently, I have to turn it off every time I restart the car......

·
Registered
969 Posts
Dealer man will help with your idle and Parking assist function
If it bothers you - take it in

I remember asking my service man at Maserati ...
What do you think of this - normal to you?

His answer -
If it bothers you - we'll adjust to your preference

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mine is a base turbo model, not s, not gts.

And I didn't turn on the sport mode.

So it is high, base on you guys at 600-800, mine is always 900, which seems high.

So here comes another question, since mine is still under warranty, should I go back to Porsche to ask then to tune it down for me? I called them once a while ago, and they said they can't!

Yours is at 800, they're in increments of 200 so it's normal, nothing to worry about imo.

Also, can the parking assistance function be turned off permanently? Currently, I have to turn it off every time I restart the car......

If you have the memory package, turn on the option to remember last setting and it should remember things such as auto start/stop. Doesn't work on Sport or Sport+ modes but I believe just about anything else is remembers.
If you don't have the memory package, I would make the steering wheel button turn off the start/stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts