Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new 2023 GTS.

Despite my complaints about the less than attractive new front grille (2017 best - 2021 OK - 2023 nuff said), the less attractive rear lights (2017 best - 2021/23 less attractive but still growing on me), and the haptic switches (more buttons!), I have placed the order.

Pretty much the same as the 2017 (less the electrically adjustable steering column), and the 2021 (less the ACC and again less the electrically adjustable steering column, but going back to the Carrera White). I'm not a big fan of the body coloured wheels this time around for the white car, but they sure look sharp on the medium to dark colours - went with them again anyway more out of tradition I think than anything else.

I looked at the different colours, both inside and out, to try to keep me out of a rut. Didn't work.

Thought about treating myself to upgrading this or that, but either could not justify the extra expense or didn't see myself making much use of the upgrade.

Thought about alternative marques, but NOTHING drives like the Macan (maybe the new Bently, Lamborghini, or Ferrari SUV's might, but definitely out of my league).

A bit upset with Mr. Trudeau about the luxury tax. I am just into this tax territory but nevertheless more ticked off at the principle.

Porsche Build Code for those interested.

Current schedule is as below, but fully expect this will slip a bit:

Vehicle Locked: First week of November
In Body Shop: End November
Exit Body Shop: Early December
At Port/On Ocean: Mid December
Halifax Arrival: End December / Early January
Leave Halifax: Mid-January
Dealership Arrival: End January / Early February

Dealership has once again been very good to deal with.

Registered
I think you鈥檒l be happy with it! Got a feeling the grill will grow on you.
They should have voided the luxury tax for people making their first luxury purchase instead of making it harder to break into the market.

Registered
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new 2023 GTS.

Despite my complaints about the less than attractive new front grille (2017 best - 2021 OK - 2023 nuff said), the less attractive rear lights (2017 best - 2021/23 less attractive but still growing on me), and the haptic switches (more buttons!), I have placed the order.

Pretty much the same as the 2017 (less the electrically adjustable steering column), and the 2021 (less the ACC and again less the electrically adjustable steering column, but going back to the Carrera White). I'm not a big fan of the body coloured wheels this time around for the white car, but they sure look sharp on the medium to dark colours - went with them again anyway more out of tradition I think than anything else.

I looked at the different colours, both inside and out, to try to keep me out of a rut. Didn't work.

Thought about treating myself to upgrading this or that, but either could not justify the extra expense or didn't see myself making much use of the upgrade.

Thought about alternative marques, but NOTHING drives like the Macan (maybe the new Bently, Lamborghini, or Ferrari SUV's might, but definitely out of my league).

A bit upset with Mr. Trudeau about the luxury tax. I am just into this tax territory but nevertheless more ticked off at the principle.

Porsche Build Code for those interested.

Current schedule is as below, but fully expect this will slip a bit:

Vehicle Locked: First week of November
In Body Shop: End November
Exit Body Shop: Early December
At Port/On Ocean: Mid December
Halifax Arrival: End December / Early January
Leave Halifax: Mid-January
Dealership Arrival: End January / Early February

Dealership has once again been very good to deal with.
Nice Choice. You will be very happy with it. The front grill has really grown on me now I think it looks great on my 22 CWM GTS, it really differentiates the GTS. Haptic buttons, yes love them too. Painted side blades (y) Glad I just managed to squeeze in before the luxury tax, picked mine up late June.

Registered
Nice Choice. You will be very happy with it. The front grill has really grown on me now I think it looks great on my 22 CWM GTS, it really differentiates the GTS. Haptic buttons, yes love them too. Painted side blades (y) Glad I just managed to squeeze in before the luxury tax, picked mine up late June.
You lucky *******

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I鈥檓 not a fan of body-coloured side blades, but your all-white design with the body-coloured wheels just works and looks great. Congratulations!
Thanks @vanmacandriver ;.

I thought the body coloured wheels on the 2017 and 2021 just plain fit the Macan, especially with the body coloured side blades. The 2023 wheels are a bit different so we鈥檒l see how that turns out.

The white wheels on the 2017 were a pain to keep clean, and on the 2021 much worse for some reason. Looking forward to the ceramic coated brakes to make this less of a chore.

Registered
I like everything about the car except the lack of sport Chrono and the exterior colored wheels will be very difficult to clean. I鈥檝e seen them in Miami as they are popular here. This car has turbo performance package level performance. Sport Chrono is a must have.

Registered

Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
RJE....we obviously think somewhat alike...albeit, I've been driving S's....a 17, 20 and now a 22. I agree with you on the styling...17 was the best...but the 22/23 also looks good (until I get a rock in an intercooler. I moved from white (17) to silver (20/22). I'll move to the e when it is orderable....color TBD.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like everything about the car except the lack of sport Chrono and the exterior colored wheels will be very difficult to clean. I鈥檝e seen them in Miami as they are popular here. This car has turbo performance package level performance. Sport Chrono is a must have.
Thanks @yrralis1 ; . I thought long and hard about the Sports Chrono, more than any other option. I didn鈥檛 have it on the 2017 or the 2021, but thought about it as a treat for myself for the 2023. I guess the decider for me was I didn鈥檛 think I鈥檇 use it very much other than playing with it when the car is new. As I mentioned in another post somewhere I鈥檝e driven the Chrono-less Macans on some really twisty bits and had a tremendous amount of fun doing so.

If I was younger, I鈥檇 probably go for it in a heartbeat.

Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
The advantage of sports plus that I miss is that the sports button is on the steering column and you don't have to look down to find the button on the console. I just decided that it was too much money for moving the button so I didn't order it..

Registered
Thanks @yrralis1 ; . I thought long and hard about the Sports Chrono, more than any other option. I didn鈥檛 have it on the 2017 or the 2021, but thought about it as a treat for myself for the 2023. I guess the decider for me was I didn鈥檛 think I鈥檇 use it very much other than playing with it when the car is new. As I mentioned in another post somewhere I鈥檝e driven the Chrono-less Macans on some really twisty bits and had a tremendous amount of fun doing so.

If I was younger, I鈥檇 probably go for it in a heartbeat.
That sport button on the steering wheel is an immediate shift at your fingertip. It is the ultimate passing instrument.

Sport Chrono does more than offer launch control and race mode of shifting. It takes one of Porsche鈥檚 most sophisticated piece of equipment on your car and gives you the final product. Without it entire car is incomplete.

This isn鈥檛 like skipping a sunroof or decide to add carbon fiber. The transmission is not a fluff option. It鈥檚 an essential part of your car. I feel it should be standard on all PDK cars and now that even the manual cars have rev matching and launch control it should be standard on them as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next question is about winter wheels.

The 18鈥 I鈥檝e used on the 2017 and 2021 will no longer fit due to the larger brakes on on the 23. I鈥檓 not a fan of the Porsche options so am looking to see if there is an alternative.

Did a search on the forum archives, but did not find anything mentioning they matched the OEM wheel offset and hub diameter .

I did find two or three 20鈥 from Dai Replica (are they any good?).

Are there any others out there? I鈥檇 prefer 19鈥 due the the smaller tire footprint.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just found out the 2023 has been pushed back from a November build to a March build. May delivery. A bit disappointed, but from what I鈥檝e been reading on the list it is not uncommon.

Someone mentioned being able to track the build on the my.Porsche.com website (not the app) based on commission number and sure enough, there it is. Status 1 of 9 鈥淵our Porsche order has been confirmed鈥.

Registered
Just found out the 2023 has been pushed back from a November build to a March build. May delivery. A bit disappointed, but from what I鈥檝e been reading on the list it is not uncommon.

Someone mentioned being able to track the build on the my.Porsche.com website (not the app) based on commission number and sure enough, there it is. Status 1 of 9 鈥淵our Porsche order has been confirmed鈥.
Thanks for that! Our order was confirmed July 10, change freeze Nov 9, manufacturing spose to start Dec 7. See how it goes鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well crap. The delay means she doesn鈥檛 lock until early February. Two more months to second guess my choices.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts