Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s all type of articles but no one seems to have got the answers. So I went about it my self. I bought 2018 “Gts” style lights one projector for my 2015 Macan with bi-xenon/pdls. I got everything put together and everything seems to function head lights turn on but leds on turn on when I shut of the vehicle and lock it and the head light stay Dormant. (No movement at all faces the floor) I brought it to one dealership 3hrs later no luck they couldn’t get the pcm to recognize the head lights.(piwis) Now I’m questioning If I can figure it out with resisters? I read up on led’s need a certain “voltage” & may just gets the projector to just stand up straight and I’d be a happy camper lol HELP ME PLEASE! 🙏🏽

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got the modules and installed them. As expected still doing same thing. I’m going to make an appointment soon to see if it any difference. I did notice it has the same part number as the original that came with headlights...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well shoot. I am ordering those same parts now to try and get my 2015 to work with LED. What coding procedure did you share with the dealership? Do you have: Lane Departure Warning (7Y6) or Lane Change Assist and Lane Departure Warning (7Y7) or Traffic sign recognition (9Q6)

I was warned that PIWIS 3 has been now limited by Germany to not alter coding (i.e. retrofits). Some dealerships also have access to a PIWIS II that should of stopped getting updates a while ago and still do code changes.

I do not have firsthand knowledge yet but I was told the 7PP.941.329T is needed for 2015 since we do not have those modules on our lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have lane assist. Not sure about exact features. Where do I find out exactly? And I only told them I was retrofitting the head lights and they said “we had our best tech working on it” that was about it. I’m going to bring it to another dealer to give them a go. I will make sure ask them what Systems there running. Now that I think about it I might just call the first dealer and ask what they used and tried.
I’m going to try and sort it out before I try to return the modules. I’m almost certain it’s no difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was the build sheet. I was wondering if it was on there as a “package”? The lane assist etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts