Porsche Macan Forum banner

2015 Porsche Panda S | Build Thread

7K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  thelaw_thechef 
#1 · (Edited)
OVERVIEW
Purchased the 2015 Porsche Macan "Panda" S back in November 2017 with 25,484mi. Joined MacanForum immediately the next month after. The Macan is my first experience with Porsche and all I can say is the S-miles just keep on coming. Big thanks to all the members and the wealth of knowledge gained along the way.

PERFORMANCE
Intake Modifications

DTM Autobody
Intake Duct Cutouts
Hood Vents Cut to Intake Shape
Flat 6 Motorsports High Flow Air Filters

Tuning
COBB Accessport v3
Sprint Booster v3

Suspension
Motorsport Hardware
Stud Conversion Kit
10mm Spacers (F & R)

EXTERIOR
Lighting

OSRAM Xenarc 66340 CBB Cool Blue Boost
Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED Fog Light Bulb

Accessories
Legends West Auto Care
SunTek PPF
Headlights, Fog Lights, Door Cups, Rear Loading Area
Lamin-X Smoked Side Marker Cover

INTERIOR
Autobahn Performance Window Films

STM Solutions Inc
Sunroofs: Ceramic 40
Windshield: Ceramic 50
Windows: Performa 20

Accessories
eBay LED Interior Light Kit
Visor Airbag-Label Delete
VinylMod Parking Brake Emblem Overlay
Porsche All Weather Floor Mats

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Before we get to the dessert, let's chomp on some veggies.

INTERIOR
LFOTPP 2016-2019 2020 Volvo XC90 Car Sunglasses Sun Glass Holder Case Eyeglasses Storage Box, Interior Accessories Autos Parts (Black)

Review
I bought this to replace the OEM Volvo sunglass holder since I scratched the smooth finish with everyday use. And betcha by golly wow I actually prefer the LFOTPP sunglasses holder case. Don't waste your money on OEM stealer-ship prices. Buy this instead!

Exterior: Has a more durable finish that is textured and resists scratches
Design: Largeer in width which mean it can hold larger framed glasses (Tom Ford, Oakley Wrap-Around, Spy+ etc)

Ringke Power Clip Wing Magnetic Car Phone Holder Mount Air Vent Premium Cradle 360° Rotation
Long Reach Neck Double Knob Technology for Universal Smartphone

Review
I've gone through a handful of phone mounts only to find the functionality lacking. E.g., Rennline phone mount requires driver to look down every time they need to tap their phone.

Driver: No need to look far from the driving field of vision
Passenger: Provides A/C vent functionality for the passenger

#16 ·
@thelaw_thechef I'm on the fence due to the comments regarding the fact we are faced with our ACN fuel. While I have looked into what makes our gas different it seems just to relate to lower emissions. I have not found reports stating lower octane but it sounds like BGB detunes our maps. I’m interested in your feedback and hope you feel or see good results.

If you would give an update after recieving you pro tune would be cool. I hope you see some excellent results!?

#21 · (Edited)
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 1, 03/31/2020

Version: 0

Vehicle
2015 Macan S

Miles Driven Prior to Logging
55mi

Gas
State: CA
Chevron 91
3/4 Tank

Observation
I don't know if it's the Monster I drank this morning, or the newfound exhilaration the car gives me :: hands still shaking :: o_O

The car feels as though it is in Sports mode all the time. The 1st 25mi of my commute I left the car in cruise at 75mph. When needing to pass I applied throttle, and magically the PDK downshifts 2-gears to pull ahead. It's as though John not only tuned the engine for performance, but also the PDK transmission at the same time. And mind you, this entire drive was not in Sports mode.

Power is now readily available, throughout every gear, while keeping that nice OEM+ silky smooth shifting

Takeaways
John and I will be further refining the tune for our not so perfect 91 gas here on the West Coast.

#22 · (Edited)
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 2, 04/01/2020

Version: 3

Vehicle
2015 Macan S

Miles Driven Before Data-Logging
33.3mi

Gas
Chevron 91
Full Tank

Observation(s)
Wife: The car is much smoother. I can pass much easier. How much power am I making now? And how does that compare to a GTS? ...so I can tell my coworkers!

Me: Agreed! Let me see if we can find an AWD dyno in the area that doesn't break the bank.

Takeaways
Macan S v4 coming your way soon. Seeing if we can squeeze a little more juice out of our 91 CA gas.

#23 ·
A little fun gift to myself.

Accessories
SunCoastParts.com
Cup Holder Ashtray Insert

Overview
Tobacco or Change: Choose Change.
I was tired of searching for loose change whenever parking downtown. Voilà! Porsche to the rescue with non other than their ashtray insert which fits perfectly in our cupholders. You can buy similar non-branded items off other retailers, but the build quality will not compare to Porsche. But then again, what does?

#24 ·
Around Seattle they took away the option of coin operated parking meters. It was easy for them. They raised the price so high you need a platinum minimum credit card and you rent the space by the length of your car, by the inch. So instead of all those really cheap quarters now you are into lending programs. When I go there I take the Ducati.

#26 · (Edited)
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 3, 04/02/2020

Version: 3

Vehicle
2015 Macan S

Gas
Chevron 91
3/4 Tank

64.5mi

Updates
Uninstalled SprintBooster

Observation(s)
It seems as though my SprintBooster was giving some funky data-log readings. Uninstalled the SprintBooster this morning to gather new logs for John.

CONS -
With that said the car is horrible without the SprintBooster. I have to stab just to make the car go anywhere.

PROS +
On that note I was able to feel the effect of the ProTune without any additional nannies. The ProTune-alone continues to have the same --

1. Shifting: silky smooth OEM+
2. Power: nice getup and go throughout every gear

-- just without the pedal sensitivity and responsiveness as before.

#32 ·
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 4, 04/03/2020

Version: 4, 5

Tune Updates
v4
-updates to power band

v5
-same updates as above
-updates to throttle tables
-more power added to partial throttle on gears 1-3

Gas
Chevron 91
1/2 Tank

Observation(s)
v5: Good
Sauce is shifted back to under 4th gear >>
not quite a fan of the shifting

v4: Better
It felt as though there was less sauce throughout all the gears compared to v3 >>
shifting was better compared to v5

v3 (minus SB): Best
Nice power available through all the gears even though it meant sacrificing pedal response >>
which can eventually be fixed by reinstalling the SprintBooster module

Jon will be making more updates next week to add more cowbell.

If you guys can't already tell, Jon is a perfectionist.

We are already on 5 revisions and we aren't done yet until we get this thing just right.

If you haven't already, take a look at the Group Buy he's offering on the ProTune for all 2015-2018 S, GTS, and Turbos.

#33 ·
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 5, 04/04/2020

Version: Stage 0 v208

Gas
Chevron 91
1/2 Tank

7.6mi over 25min Duration

Updates
Getting a baseline to validate --

1. How does the OTS tune/car correct for ignition timing?
2. Are the tune updates working properly?

Observation(s)
Now I really notice the difference between the OTS vs BGB Motorsports ProTune.

#34 ·
BGB Motorsports ProTune

Captain's Log: Day 30, 05/05/2020

Version: Stage 4 v208

Final Verdict
I'm going on ~3-weeks of mixed city/highway driving for my 2015 Macan S.

VolcanoGTS said it best:
I can hit the pedal slightly and I’m in full boost holding the current gear to easily pass, a little more throttle and a downshift and gone. Mash the pedal and the front lifts like I haven’t felt this car lift before and MOVES.
I have also yet to feel any jerkiness that I have had in the past at low speeds, constant speeds, or taking off from a stop like a nanny which used to have hesitations and jerks.
Big thanks to John and his fine tooth comb attention to detail.

Do yourself a favor guys and don't settle for the OTS.

BGB + Cowbells FTW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.