Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
if it comes with these proportions as in these pictures its going to look wired like the BMW x1.
Hope they don't chop the roof too much like Evoque, since they want to complete with Evoque! If this is based on Q5 it should be much bigger than x1 and Evoque and upcoming MB GLA.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree about the tail lights. Changing the design of the rear of the car just a bit could take away from its bulbous look. A sleek tail light design could be a first step. The Mercedes GLA has a nicer rear than the Macan IMO. Though it's hard to say anything about the tail light design with the camo still on the car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree about the tail lights. Changing the design of the rear of the car just a bit could take away from its bulbous look. A sleek tail light design could be a first step. The Mercedes GLA has a nicer rear than the Macan IMO. Though it's hard to say anything about the tail light design with the camo still on the car.

personally I think the Macan is sportier than the GLA

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that Porsches are supposed to be sportier than Mercedes. That is why I think that the Mercedes GLA will sell better than the Macan. Though the Macan is sportier than the GLA, it is just not sporty enough for Porsche fans. The GLA is better geared towards what Mercedes fans are looking for. People thought that the Cayenne wouldn't sell for the same reason and were proven very wrong, so I guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think that Porsches are supposed to be sportier than Mercedes. That is why I think that the Mercedes GLA will sell better than the Macan. Though the Macan is sportier than the GLA, it is just not sporty enough for Porsche fans. The GLA is better geared towards what Mercedes fans are looking for. People thought that the Cayenne wouldn't sell for the same reason and were proven very wrong, so I guess only time will tell.
but it might be just sporty enough for their wives ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
these days it seems Mercedes is aiming more towards luxury than to performance. they just end up shoving a big engine in a car fully loaded and weighed down by all the luxury features and end up having a somewhat fast car.

Porsche is the way to go if you want a drivers car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.