Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
IMO don't buy it. I have a '15 Macan S with just 52k on the odo.Being out of warranty has me nervous.If I had near 90k ,it would be out of my garage.

Reactions: Moon Pie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a 2015 Macan Turbo (63k miles) that I bought CPO from a dealer in 2018 with 35k miles. The car has been close to perfect, with exception of tire valve stem problems in the early going (I had to replace two of them under warranty when the tires started losing air).

I just came out of CPO warranty and I’m sticking with it because I love the car, but I’m definitely mindful of the cost of potential repairs. I’ve had all work performed at the dealership so far but I’m going to switch to an independent.

I’ll admit to being a little surprised at the high cost of maintenance (my first Porsche), even if I shouldn’t have been. Just had brakes done, for example, and the brakes were more expensive on the Turbo than on the base Macan. (“Turbo Tax” as a Porsche owning buddy refers to it.) If cost of maintenance is a concern, I’d suggest you look through the scheduled maintenance and price it out at your local indy and dealership so you know what you’re looking at.

As for repairs, I haven’t had any other than what I mentioned above, so I can’t speak to it. I’m a little nervous about what may come down the road over the coming months, but I love the car, so what are ya gonna do?
This is reassuring to hear you haven’t had many issues, I in reality don’t drive to much, I work less than 5 miles from my house and in 6 years with my current car I have only put 35k miles on it. I know that repair cost is high on these vehicles and I am prepared for that, I wouldnt even consider a porsche if I didn’t personally know people who can fix it because maintenance costs can be insane, even if I did buy a newer one. I really do wish it had a warranty or it was a CPO just for that piece of mind and it is what I was looking for but then this one came about and had just about everything I could want from the car, but is the risk worth the reward in this scenario, I’m very torn especially after hearing so many mixed responses

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
@AlexDeBello: There are a few forum members with 100K(+) miles on their Macans. Ask them about their ownership experiences.

You stated this was a one owner car. Can the dealer provide the maintenance history - receipts, etc.? How about getting in touch
with the original owner?

...and, FWIW, regarding the Turbo offered above (by @Wheel22) that's been CPOd - if it still has CPO time left on it, it's transferrable by a private seller
to the buyer.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2015 Macan Turbo
4 Posts
I really do wish it had a warranty or it was a CPO just for that piece of mind and it is what I was looking for but then this one came about and had just about everything I could want from the car, but is the risk worth the reward in this scenario, I’m very torn especially after hearing so many mixed responses
Hard for anybody else to answer how to apportion the risk. I can only answer for myself that I definitely wanted a CPO for the peace of mind, I’m glad I did it even though I no warranty work other than the valve stems, and if I were replacing it I’d probably do a CPO again for the same reason. Though notably, I’m not replacing it. :)

Good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@AlexDeBello: There are a few forum members with 100K(+) miles on their Macans. Ask them about their ownership experiences.

You stated this was a one owner car. Can the dealer provide the maintenance history - receipts, etc.? How about getting in touch
with the original owner?

...and, FWIW, regarding the Turbo offered above (by @Wheel22) that's been CPOd - if it still has CPO time left on it, it's transferrable by a private seller
to the buyer.

Good luck!
Yes the car was one owner and was traded into Porsche in May of 2020 with 80k miles the original owner had the car from May of 2015 until May 2020 and then traded it into Porsche and the current dealer has the car now which he used as a personal company vehicle for the last year so it was never registered as a personal vehicle so it doesn’t list as an owner, the carfax report doesn’t have much of a service history listed which is slightly concerning only the transfer case being replaced at 75k miles under Porsche warranty is on the report as well as a maintenance inspection when it was traded in, the current dealer which is also a mechanic did a full service of the car when he got it last year and said he also doesn’t have the history of the car other than it was owned by a pro baseball player in Miami so with that information I feel like it is highly doubtful that I will be able to get in touch with the original owner, but that also makes me feel like he wouldn’t of been the kind of person who would neglect maintenance, but that is just speculation.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
This is reassuring to hear you haven’t had many issues, I in reality don’t drive to much, I work less than 5 miles from my house and in 6 years with my current car I have only put 35k miles on it. I know that repair cost is high on these vehicles and I am prepared for that, I wouldnt even consider a porsche if I didn’t personally know people who can fix it because maintenance costs can be insane, even if I did buy a newer one. I really do wish it had a warranty or it was a CPO just for that piece of mind and it is what I was looking for but then this one came about and had just about everything I could want from the car, but is the risk worth the reward in this scenario, I’m very torn especially after hearing so many mixed responses
90k is high number of unknown miles. It's one thing to buy a macan with 100k miles from @Santirx and totally another one to buy it from an unknown person. Put no service history on top of that and you get Pandora's box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What kind of pro baseball player drives a macan till 90k miles? Sounds like BS to me. I remember one my my local dealers advertised an S8 which was driven by Tom Brady. Who the F*** drives an S8?
I wouldn’t believe it either but the car has personalized illuminated carbon door sills with the guys last name and number on it so it all checks out. I’m not into baseball so it has no significance to me but it is real haha

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
said he also doesn’t have the history of the car other than it was owned by a pro baseball player in Miami so with that information I feel like it is highly doubtful that I will be able to get in touch with the original owner, but that also makes me feel like he wouldn’t of been the kind of person who would neglect maintenance, but that is just speculation.
Was the selling dealership The Collection and it traded there too ? If not was it Champion ?

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
The fifteen (15) OT (OF TOPIC) posts have been moved to:

THIS thread is for the discussion of whether or not members believe the OP should opt to purchase a used Macan Turbo.

Is it really so difficult to STAY ON TOPIC? Is there a new pandemic related to attention?

As the former head of Olivetti once said, "fokoose!" (pronounced, FOK-oose - rhymes with "goose") The word he was trying to pronounce was FOCUS.

Subsequent Off Topic posts in this thread will be simply deleted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get a quote from Fidelity (or another 3rd party) for an extended warranty if you can (I don't know if they will warranty a high mileage vehicle??). They'll have a database of maintenance costs as a function of mileage. The price they quote will give you an idea of the risk you're taking for this car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a similarly equipped 2015 Turbo. I lucked out and got it for $42K back in 2018 with 11K miles. Car has been a dream. If you can get a comprehensive inspection and get it green-lighted, I'd say go for it. Drive it for a couple of years and sell it. Just cross your fingers. Trust me though - these cars are built tough. I've driven it fast enough that I don't want to say, taken it way off-road rocking back and forth on 3 wheels many times and the car has never had a hiccup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To the OP, you're getting a fully optioned $126k car for $43k.......do it if you have faith in the previous owner's upkeep. I too have a 2015 Turbo, bought it 3 years ago, CPO, 42k miles, all options except Burmeister, with an added $10k wrap of entire car along with the sweetest after market performance exhaust I have ever heard..lol
I paid $52k back then for it.

It's been almost perfect. Replaced a wheel bearing ($700) under warranty, and the coolant tank cracked which also was covered. I have driven 60,000 plus trouble free miles and the car still looks and drives perfectly. I have an indy garage too and the guys take very good care of me and my car.

for the $50k I saved up front, I could easily afford a repair if needed, just think these cars are built to last. I am one of the few high mileage owners, but would have no problem doing it again. Drive it like you stole it and if it puts a grin on your face like I know it will, do it! I still love the 1st gen Macan Turbos.
Happy motoring!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts