Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts
Haha, funny.
Did you inquire on what this DME flash does/why ?
Seems we don’t know......

I guess you read that after update of your AP, you should be good to go !
No, my COBB AP is not ready to roll. I spent a major portion of today to try to fix this . The guys at COBB and I are now brothers. But like brothers not everything gets resolved. They have been unable to cure how to get around the newly installed DME software on my '18 Macan S. Several failed installation attempts after multiple updates to the COBB AP software. The patient is still in the ICU here.

I just called my dealer to schedule. They said they received only a handful of parts and were currently out of them. They are expecting to receive an additional shipment in ten days. They offered to schedule me for ten days out, but my schedule is always pretty fluid so I told them I would call back in a week to schedule.

Brought my car in today for an "Engine Control Fault" and asked them to do this Recall. Porsche said that none of the cars they've seen so far needed any work. What they were checking was the routing of the fuel hoses under the rear seat and putting additional clips if necessary ... so they said.

Pretty uneventful visit. No sign of wear or cracks so they just made some adjustments to prevent issue. My car was not tagged with the DME update either.

I did finally get a ‘20 S loaner (have only had .2 base loaners) and I thought experience wise it might be close to my GTS with the higher HP but it wasn’t even close. Even in sport mode there was so much turbo lag it felt so sluggish. Once the boost built up you could feel the power but it came on about 3 seconds too late. Granted it only had 1500 miles on it so maybe the engine isn’t fully broken in yet. And the engine and exhaust sound so muted compared to my GTS with PSE in sports plus. Do the US models get the particulate filter silencer?

I know they aren’t comparable by any means and the S is definitely a great option for most but those yearning for something more on a test drive should definitely look into the GTS

Today I received my "Urgent Safety Recall" letter from PCNA. It explains the issue & fixes already detailed in this thread. It also says:
"Until you have the remedy performed, you can prevent any possible damage by ensuring that excessive force and load is not applied to the right rear seat."

So no obese passengers in RR seat along with hard cornering?

Reactions: TripleL
Like @iconoclast, I received my recall letter in the mail, this afternoon (04/07/2020), although it's dated 04/10.

I can ignore it, because I had the recall work done last week (on 04/02), during my 40,000-service appointment.

Here's the envelope (which is, I believe, the only part that mentions "ALA2") and the two-page letter, if anyone's really curious. Click to download the PDF file.

Attachments

I just got the recall notice from Porsche in the mail last week, ID 20V-077 fuel flange issue.

Did anyone get it fixed at the dealer? How long did it take? Now the thought of someone I don’t know touches my Macan, drives it and disassembles the rear seats, and all other work is scaring me like ****.

I just got the recall notice from Porsche in the mail last week, ID 20V-077 fuel flange issue.

Did anyone get it fixed at the dealer? How long did it take? Now the thought of someone I don’t know touches my Macan, drives it and disassembles the rear seats, and all other work is scaring me like ****.
As I noted in my post (107) above, I had the recall performed on April 2. Unfortunately, it was done during the five hours my car was getting its 40,000-mile service done (invoice also posted above), and there was no time listed for that item. My guess is less than half an hour.

The dealership folks were using wipes. Some dealerships seem to be taking cleanliness very seriously; see this seven-minute video put out by Porsche in Warwick, Ri: . OTOH, I imagine many dealerships are not that thorough.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable under the current circumstances, I'd just let it ride, until you do feel comfortable. Of course, as the letter states, "Until you have the remedy performed, you can prevent any possible damage by ensuring that excessive force and load is [sic] not applied to the right rear seat," etc.

Sounds good. There are rarely any rear passengers in my Macan.

Reactions: wspollack
Not sure I want alcohol sprayed on my leather unless I really NEED service ASAP.
The steaming the vents idea is appealing.

They said they will be "offering this " in future.

Probably for $600, LOL.

DIY?

A can of Lysol will solve the problem for merely a few bucks. LOL

The back window and hatch is a magnet for dirt and dust. I've owned 15 - 20 cars, some of them SUVs and trucks, but never seen anything like this on them. I get its a product of the aerodynamics, but good grief I tend to suck up all the dust everywhere I go.

Tomorrow, I go in to the dealer for two recalls. (I have a 2016 S). I got the letter about the fuel thing the other day.
You know I hv a 17 S, haven't gotten anything about a recall, hopefully it doesn't envolve my car.
About the "dirt magnet" I have put about 1k miles since I purchased it last month, but I haven't noticed what you described.

You know I hv a 17 S, haven't gotten anything about a recall, hopefully it doesn't envolve my car.
About the "dirt magnet" I have put about 1k miles since I purchased it last month, but I haven't noticed what you described.
I got the letter two days ago.
Certain 2015 - 2018 Model Year Macan
Cover for fuel pump flange. NHTSA ID- 20V-077

I called my SA this morning about this one and he said yeah bring it in, but there is also another one that will require a software update. I'll get more info tomorrow.

Recall done.

No issues found, so I fell into the 'reworked cover' category to prevent future problems.

My SA said they have done a ton of these, and have only seen one with an actual issue.

I had my 2017 S done last week. They did the recall work and software update. I’ve now noticed a drop in fuel mileage. Before I was getting close to 20 mpg now it’s anywhere from 16–18. Anyone else notice this? I drive close to 90 miles a day...”essential personnel”. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my 2017 S done last week. They did the recall work and software update. I’ve now noticed a drop in fuel mileage. Before I was getting close to 20 mpg now it’s anywhere from 16–18. Anyone else notice this? I drive close to 90 miles a day...”essential personnel”. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I expect updating the DME cleared out the adaptations as well, so I'd give it a week or two to get back to normal.

I got a similar notice in 2017/2018 and brought my car in for a quick 45 min fix. They gave me the car back and said i'm good. Today i get a letter from Porsche NA in Georgia about a Fuel Pump Flange recall. The original one was also known as the Fuel Flange recall. Scheduled with the dealer and they said to bring the car in, its not done yet. Whats the difference? Whats this one about?

I got a similar notice in 2017/2018 and brought my car in for a quick 45 min fix. They gave me the car back and said i'm good. Today i get a letter from Porsche NA in Georgia about a Fuel Pump Flange recall. The original one was also known as the Fuel Flange recall. Scheduled with the dealer and they said to bring the car in, its not done yet. Whats the difference? Whats this one about?
Same recall I assume.Belt/suspenders approach?

101 - 120 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.