Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Porsche Macan review: Equipment and extras. segment of compact SUVs or crossovers is still popular among the European public, and the ideal choice for many who seek a model so I also assume an exclusive vehicle. This is why we must turn to manufacturers dedicated to unique segments of the moment and inevitably run into Porsche. So far we had the Porsche Cayenne that the last generation is available in many formats , but now the German firm commitment to a more compact option, the call Macan. It becomes therefore a luxury crossover .

At the end of this year and should be released for sale the new Porsche Macan , and after all the moves that have been made ​​over the past year, with four engineers and more than a thousand technicians hired to focus solely on this model.

Although lately has not raised much expectation, when viewed through an area with its own camouflage, making the corresponding behavior sprints and circuit on or off , and showed that it was able to generate interest in many areas. In Europe aims to become one of the most desired models in recent times.

Línia equipment for Macan

Gradually, the greatest Porsche are throwing us information about the new Macan and most likely see it in its full expressive state at the Barcelona Motor Show this year, to be held in two weeks.

For now, since there are certain details we know and incorporating equipment, is one of them . Although there may be some changes to the final version, the basic equipment promised by Porsche is:

Air suspension
PTV Plus
PDCC
Lighting and light dynamic cornering
Brake discs with ceramic composition
Porsche Stability Management
CDR audio system Plus
Porsche Communication Management
Sound System High-End
Online Services
Mobile phone preparation / Bluetooth
Speed ​​control with remote controller
Lane Change Assistant
Speed ​​Limit
Automatic climate
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist and rear view camera
Panoramic Roof System
Despite being a SUV with dimensions well below the current Cayenne , is able to maintain a good line of luxury in your cabin, so that each occupant can enjoy all routes.

Porsche knows that avoiding lower the bar on quality in their models, will continue to maintain a good presence of German sport in European markets. ’s just what you do with the new Porsche Macan , maintaining a radical aesthetics, and an interior Very comfortable and attractive to ensure getting followers from many countries.

The Macan can become an alternative to the Nissan Juke Nismo , for families who want to enjoy a luxury not affordable for most manufacturers . Not to forget but that soon it’s likely that Porsche is very direct rivals, Lamborghini and ambitious as Urus.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ParkAssist and rear view camera is a must with how the Macan roof slopes towards the rear, no way they can not include it. Range Rover did this with the Evoque, poor visibility so they brought in some camera's to be our eyes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, the rear visibility does concern me a bit. The rear seat headrests appear to block the view quite a bit. Also, the slope might limit cargo capacity. On the other hand the coefficient of drag is undoubtedly a lot lower....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, the rear visibility does concern me a bit. The rear seat headrests appear to block the view quite a bit. Also, the slope might limit cargo capacity. On the other hand the coefficient of drag is undoubtedly a lot lower....
Yup, it seems like that will be an issue, we'll just have to wait to see what reviewers have to say also see a Macan in person to see how bad it really is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would be a great if they do this, nothing better than an active suspension setup, much better than the traditional suspension setup. The Macan would have literately NO body roll
eff air suspension, its all about mag ride. Basically works off the same continuously varying principal except instead of using air pressure it uses magnets.

Body roll is impossible to eliminate on SUVs, the CG is just too high regardless of clever engineering and suspension tricks. It will stick fine but its no 911 and dont expect that. 95% of Macan drivers will be women, 95% of that 95% will not give how the macan performs during high speed cornering, for them its about low speed maneuverability in the tricky starbucks drive thru

·
Registered
256 Posts
eff air suspension, its all about mag ride. Basically works off the same continuously varying principal except instead of using air pressure it uses magnets.

Body roll is impossible to eliminate on SUVs, the CG is just too high regardless of clever engineering and suspension tricks. It will stick fine but its no 911 and dont expect that. 95% of Macan drivers will be women, 95% of that 95% will not give how the macan performs during high speed cornering, for them its about low speed maneuverability in the tricky starbucks drive thru
Magnetic Ride suspensions are indeed some of the best, I believe Cadillac is one of the companies that have this that made their cars winners

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Macan will likely have adaptive suspension. It wont be magnetic but you can adjust the level of dampening (rebound/compression) that suits you.

It MIGHT have adjustable air ride for height like the Cayenne. But nothing I've read yet mentions it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So when I go off-road, I can raise the vehicle, whereas when I'm on-road, I can lower it--obviously.
LOL yup, no other reason for a porsche to have adjustable suspension.
I bet there's also a few extra inches of travel with the air suspension, but it's something that will only be activated when the system detects a fault with the wheels and terrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There should be, if not, your dealer might be able to work that out for you, or you'll have to order one from an aftermarket company.
So I guess there is a tow hitch option. Great!

But the options list is so dizzying. What do I really want on this thing without splurging?

Was eyeing the Park Assist with backup camera, the Bose stereo, tow hitch, 20" rims, torque vectoring, optional exterior color.

I didn't opt for the active suspension--I would probably have it on sport the whole time. And who, knows, I may lower it with coilovers in the future.

Configurator spit out $57k. Not bad!

What would you get?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.