Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I take delivery of my '20 GTS build in October, or build a '21 for delivery in October?

Issues to consider:

1. I would qualify for PFS lease pull ahead on a '20 sooner;
2. MSRP would be marginally less on a '20;
3. Higher depreciation on a '20 given that the '21s are rolling out simultaneously;
4. The '21s resale value would be higher which may, in turn, permit me to sell the car for more prior to end of lease;
5. Aside from an increased MSRP on a '21, PFS may revert to the higher (pre-Covid) buy rates on a '21.

Suggestions/Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good question....and a tough decision for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm purchasing. The internet manager at Norwell Porsche, MA submitted my order for a 2020 Macan GTS just this week (7% off MSRP), along with the application for the Porsche 1.95% 60 month loan (approx. $20,000). I read a few posts from people though who placed orders shortly before mine that were recently notified their original MY2020 order was changed to a MY2021 (Sep build) because of the COVID-19 situation.

I just don't see Porsche rolling out MY2020 GTSs simultaneously to MY2021 GTSs. My guess it's going to be a very short run for the MY2020 Macan GTS, and a normal start up time for the MY2021. I wouldn't have a problem waiting a bit longer for a MY2021 GTS, as long as I get the same or better deal I received on the MY2020....like the other people got when their orders were changed to MY2021. I'm guessing interest rates will be low for the rest of the year, so I'm not too concerned about losing Porsche's 1.95% loan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good question....and a tough decision for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm purchasing. The internet manager at Norwell Porsche, MA submitted my order for a 2020 Macan GTS just this week (7% off MSRP), along with the application for the Porsche 1.95% 60 month loan (approx. $20,000). I read a few posts from people though who placed orders shortly before mine that were recently notified their original MY2020 order was changed to a MY2021 (Sep build) because of the COVID-19 situation.

I just don't see Porsche rolling out MY2020 GTSs simultaneously to MY2021 GTSs. My guess it's going to be a very short run for the MY2020 Macan GTS, and a normal start up time for the MY2021. I wouldn't have a problem waiting a bit longer for a MY2021 GTS, as long as I get the same or better deal I received on the MY2020....like the other people got when their orders were changed to MY2020.
My order was placed at the end of December, 2019, as such, I believe that car will be a '20.

Upon information and belief, Porsche eliminated the June, July and August production and moved everything to a smaller production scale in September for '21 production.

Any idea what the differences between a '20 and '21 are? Hope they honor the MSRP on your '20 build.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My order was placed at the end of December, 2019, as such, I believe that car will be a '20.

Upon information and belief, Porsche eliminated the June, July and August production and moved everything to a smaller production scale in September for '21 production.
My 2020 GTS order has a "vehicle fixed" date of June 19 with various checkpoint dates throughout July with an exit Emden date of 7/31, These dates are right from the copy of the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System page provided to me by the dealer. Maybe ask your dealer for yours.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Any idea what the differences between a '20 and '21 are? Hope they honor the MSRP on your '20 build.
As of yesterday, my build is still scheduled for 6/12 start 6/19 finish according to the official Porsche tracking system. Saw the screen shot yesterday. So no, production has not been postponed unless this happened after my update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of yesterday, my build is still scheduled for 6/12 start 6/19 finish according to the official Porsche tracking system. Saw the screen shot yesterday. So no, production has not been postponed unless this happened after my update.
Thx. I need to wait until Monday for an update on my build as my Dealer's database was on the blink.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
My 2020 GTS order has a "vehicle fixed" date of June 19 with various checkpoint dates throughout July with an exit Emden date of 7/31, These dates are right from the copy of the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System page provided to me by the dealer. Maybe ask your dealer for yours.
When was your 2020 GTS order placed? Care to share your build number?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thx. I need to wait until Monday for an update on my build as my Dealer's database was on the blink.
So, according to the Dealer, the V300 Vehicle Completion (CP 8.0) date = 6/5/2020. So, the question(s) remain: (a) drive a 2020 around July, or wait another couple months (fingers crossed) for a '21.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So, according to the Dealer, the V300 Vehicle Completion (CP 8.0) date = 6/5/2020. So, the question(s) remain: (a) drive a 2020 around July, or wait another couple months (fingers crossed) for a '21.
Ny 2020 order has a V300 date of 7/10/2020. Order date (V200) was 4/2/20.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Only you can answer your question. If I were in your shoes however, I would stay with the 20. No one knows what will happen next and I wouldn’t want to torture myself twice. Just saying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only you can answer your question. If I were in your shoes however, I would stay with the 20. No one knows what will happen next and I wouldn’t want to torture myself twice. Just saying.
Torture, you say. This will be my 8th P-car build, as such, I have become accustomed (almost immune - no pun) to that. All kidding aside, the delivery date for the '21s will dictate my decision as it will dramatically affect the resale of a MY20.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thank you for this thread.

Do you all know if there is going to be a big difference between a 20, vs 21 build? Cost, option wise. I am looking to get another GTS

I am unfortunately in the position where I have to replace my girl and really don’t want to order a 20, when the 21’s will be rolling out as well. I hope that this makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The configurator is up. It appears that MY21 is $800 more, but Apple Play is now included as part of the standard equipment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thank you for this thread.

Do you all know if there is going to be a big difference between a 20, vs 21 build? Cost, option wise. I am looking to get another GTS

I am unfortunately in the position where I have to replace my girl and really don’t want to order a 20, when the 21’s will be rolling out as well. I hope that this makes sense.
There isn’t a big difference. The configurator has already been updated and a yo e who puts their existing code (created at least a couple of weeks ago) will get a message on screen to the effect that their configuration is changed consistent with the new model year, or words to that effect. Substantively, the differences are mi or as far as I can see - CarPlay is standard. High Beam assist is now part of the PPP, not sure if something else was added. The base MSRP of the car is now 72,100, so, a minor increase when you factor in rhe addition of CarPlay.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@John Y thank you for your feedback. So I guess if I am playing around now, I will be getting a 21. I was wondering about CarPlay since I didn’t see it as an option to add. Glad to know that it is standard. I miss having CarPlay in my S5.

·
Registered
66 Posts
8JU - LED Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+ cost $520 (MY2021) $420 (MY2020)
1LY - PCCB with Calipers in Yellow is not a configurable option for the US market, not sure other market.

Not seeing much difference on standard equipment. On MY2021 standard equipment build sheet, it mentioned 19" Collapsible Spare Tire, probably the same as MY2020 which did not specify the size.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just to summarize - as far as I can tell - here's what has changed with the new 2021 model year:

Base price increased from $71,300 to $72,100 (+$800, or 1.12%), however:
- Apple CarPlay, formerly included under Premium Package Plus (PPP), is now standard

The cost of the Premium Package Plus option increased by $1,590, from $5,020 to $6,610, however:
- LED Headlights including PDLS+ is now included under PPP (formerly a $420 separate option)
- Surround View is now included under PPP (formerly a $1,200 separate option)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA) is now included under PPP (formerly a $700 separate option)

(if you see that I missed something, please feel free to add!)

All considered, my build’s MSRP increased by just $70, which IMO is a bargain trade-off for getting the new model year.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
All considered, my build’s MSRP increased by just $70, which IMO is a bargain trade-off for getting the new model year.
Same with my GTS build....$70 more for the MY2021 with the same options.

Still, I would rather have a MY2020 and be driving it by Aug 7th, instead of a MY2021 and taking delivery in December (I heard/read Porsche won't be building MY2021 vehicles until September).

My trade would be worth that much less if I wait for the MY2021, and State excise tax would be more come next year since I would be paying 90% of estimated value on the MY2021 for a full year. With a MY2020, I would be paying 90% for less than half a year (since I pick it up in August), and come next year I would only be paying 60% for a full year since excise tax on vehicles in my State is tiered.

And since I ordered my GTS with Summer rubber, I would have to change over to my Winter wheel set in the cold if I wait for a MY2021....:eek:

·
Registered
390 Posts
And since I ordered my GTS with Summer rubber, I would have to change over to my Winter wheel set in the cold if I wait for a MY2021....:eek:
I wasn't even aware you could specify the type of tire! It probably makes sense for me to go with summer, even if winter will be right around the corner after delivery. Summer tires tend to be the most expensive, so I might as well get them as part of the vehicle purchase, mounted on the 21" wheels. If I lived in a warmer climate and was planning to ride on all season tires year around, that would certainly change the equation. But I will be purchasing a separate winter wheel/tire set which will be put on in early December (or thereabouts) so I would incur that minor mounting expense regardless.

As far as trade-in is concerned, we plan to give my wife's vehicle to our daughter and her husband, so there won't be any trade-in! It's a (very reliable!) 2010 Acura MDX Advance model with roughly 70,000 miles, in near perfect condition. It'll be a big upgrade for what he's been driving (an old Sentra!) so we know they'll be thrilled.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I wasn't even aware you could specify the type of tire! It probably makes sense for me to go with summer, even if winter will be right around the corner after delivery. Summer tires tend to be the most expensive, so I might as well get them as part of the vehicle purchase, mounted on the 21" wheels.
21" wheels come with Summer rubber only I believe. It's only the 19" & 20" wheels that you have a choice of A/S or Summer tires at no cost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts