Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I will add another post with the only "documentation" being my report about a conversation with the Sales Manager of my dealer. He was helping me build my car last November and asked if I thought the Vesuvius Grey Macan S wheels would be something I would like. I asked if there was any difference over the standard wheels except for the color. He said no and so did I. (This was my personal preference as I don't mean to offend anyone who said yes to the upgrade.)
Sounds about right. No offense taken. It’s an expensive color change. But I do prefer it over the stock color. Now is it worth 2700$ more? No. 500$ yes. $1000 more maybe. Any more I wouldn’t have picked it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds about right. No offense taken. It’s an expensive color change. But I do prefer it over the stock color. Now is it worth 2700$ more? No. 500$ yes. $1000 more maybe. Any more I wouldn’t have picked it.
from my SA tonight when I asked him about the wheels - lol @ the beautiful color I’m paying for. Yea it’s nice. But good job with the upcharge.

Hi,
They are not forged. They are a different style and a beautiful paint color that you are paying for

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Yes they are. Honestly, they came with my pre-configured car and unless they are made differently (forged), they are not worth 2700$ for just a color change.

There is the post that says they are forged. but no reference. (kind of like a lot of these posts. ha.)
They're definitely not forged. Not described on the Porsche Tequipment site. Only the 911 Exclusive Design, Turbo, and centerlock wheels are listed as forged wheels.

·
Vendor
498 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I may be able to assist with getting you an OEM 21” set. Did you have a particular style in mind? Note: the 2022 wheels are near impossible to source in 21” at the moment, but any 21” macan wheel will fit your vehicle.
I like the GT or the 911 styles. That said, I'm really looking to trade at this point as I dont want to carry around 2 sets of wheels. my current wheel tires have about 100 miles on them. in perfect shape.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Yes they are. Honestly, they came with my pre-configured car and unless they are made differently (forged), they are not worth 2700$ for just a color change.
Wow, I am surprised at the real world shade of the vesuvius grey wheel color. I get visual drama, blah, blah, but I ordered a color based on the configurator photo. I will love it when it gets here, and I think I will like it a lot. But it's very different from what I expected. Thanks for the photos~

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually really like the color of the wheels! I saw Vesuvius in person, on a Chalk colored car, it looked great!
I wanted that color, but I refused to pay $2700 for grey, so I ordered the zero cost version of that wheel for my wife’s Macan S. I’m going to have it taken off and powder coated a gunmetal grey (a bit darker than Vesuvius) before my wife takes delivery. It’s a pain in ass to facilitate, and I would of bit the bullet & paid it had the build not gotten so expensive.
Either way, some of these items you can do immediately after purchase, if you’re motivated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I actually really like the color of the wheels! I saw Vesuvius in person, on a Chalk colored car, it looked great!
I wanted that color, but I refused to pay $2700 for grey, so I ordered the zero cost version of that wheel for my wife’s Macan S. I’m going to have it taken off and powder coated a gunmetal grey (a bit darker than Vesuvius) before my wife takes delivery. It’s a pain in ass to facilitate, and I would of bit the bullet & paid it had the build not gotten so expensive.
Either way, some of these items you can do immediately after purchase, if you’re motivated.
yes. I love the color of Vesuvius gray. It’s a cross between matte and satin. I like it over all the colors. But I just think 2700$is too much for a paint job. That said it would be even better in 21” :)

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Eager to see mine on my new chalk S. Latest report is that it came out of production 3/18, after a long wait. I took the leap on Vesuvius grey wheels, and am very interested in what they will look like in person. The configurator and subsequent photos seem to show a color that changes dramatically with the light. I am always impressed with how much difference color makes on Porsche bodies.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I posted in the pics forum but here’s a recent pic in decent light. Not as dark as the configurator, but not super light. I would say this is a pretty accurate representation of real world.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

21 - 37 of 37 Posts