Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Another question is Bose AudioPilot function. One top microphone is routed to Bose amplifier. When option AudioPilot is on, it supposed to adjust volume ( maybe other adjustments too).
I tried it on original Bose and it looks useless. Especially considering how easy is volume adjustment by wheel control.

obviosly when connected to Helix this function doesn't work, no much regrets.

in theory, the microphone can be routed to inputs of Audio DSP and some corrections can be programmed using SigmaDSP Studio . But it is a stretch goal…
Audio pilot is a delete for me …. never use if for the reasons you state.

2016 MT

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
The bottleneck for the output power for the new amplifier is actually a power connector and the power wires. The theoretical max power limit of the integrated circuit used is 70 Watt per channel ( 8 amplified channels + 1 routed to external subwoofer amp + 1 reserved)
My 2016 Turbo Sub has the self powered integrated Amp ( I did swap the speaker to a RF a few years back) , anyway, something to consider , I am not sure when……but at some point I think Bose moved the sub amp to the main board.

2016 MT

·
Registered
2016 MT
11 Posts
Received the boards, bringing up. Waiting for some parts.. Please note this one is an overengineered prototype, I'm already working on cleaner design. Mechanical fit is OK.
Circuit component Black Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Wow……I remember making my first trace PCB…..long time ago…..stuffing it was the best part.
Nice work , and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
All ears here! And interest for final results.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
@zeaman Would you be willing to consider doing a version for MOST150 (Burmester 16 CH)? Specifically, I'd like to be able to accomplish 2 things: tune the dsp and run more power on the front mid bass and sub (possibly even 2 ohm on the sub channel). I could help with some of the R & D and any measurements.

I opted for a Mobridge amp/dsp/most combo that accomplished this in my Audi instead of a multi component setup. I had to make a custom harness but that vs 3-5 pieces of hardware was preferable.

Rectangle Parallel Font Diagram Drawing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 MT
11 Posts
@zeaman Would you be willing to consider doing a version for MOST150 (Burmester 16 CH)? Specifically, I'd like to be able to accomplish 2 things: tune the dsp and run more power on the front mid bass and sub (possibly even 2 ohm on the sub channel). I could help with some of the R & D and any measurements.

I opted for a Mobridge amp/dsp/most combo that accomplished this in my Audi instead of a multi component setup. I had to make a custom harness but that vs 3-5 pieces of hardware was preferable.

View attachment 248316

Yes, I have larger plans, including using SigmaDSP to optimize DSP processing for acoustics of Macan and doubling sample rate (maybe using better DAC, though original Asaki-Kasei DACs are still near top of the line). But first milestone is to achieve quality compatible to Helix V series. It would validate my idea that the good amplifier is possible to fit into a smaller ventilated package (compared with Helix ), with original heatsinks, wiring and connectors.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Yes, I have larger plans, including using SigmaDSP to optimize DSP processing for acoustics of Macan and doubling sample rate (maybe using better DAC, though original Asaki-Kasei DACs are still near top of the line). But first milestone is to achieve quality compatible to Helix V series. It would validate my idea that the good amplifier is possible to fit into a smaller ventilated package (compared with Helix ), with original heatsinks, wiring and connectors.
I should have some time during the holiday to get some preliminary info. I'll see what I can do.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

·
Registered
2016 MT
11 Posts
BTW what MOST version is used in Cayenne 2017 PE? if MOST150, I could use my wife's car as guinea pig.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Thanks is for the update Zeaman…..are you working on any kind of timeline ? Or as you go :)

2016 MT

·
Registered
405 Posts
What a great project. I am also interested in the finished product and can't wait to hear your findings.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I thought posted some photos of the Burmester amp after Thanksgiving but apparently it never went through. I took photos and a couple short videos. I'm amazed at how much power/technology they are packing into these small footprints.
I decided to put all the pics up on Dropbox for reference but here are a few.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts