Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I took delivery of this beaut in the beginning of Dec. I wasn’t shy with the options and love all of my choices.

This car has checked every box on my “Perfect Daily Driver” list. The solidity that you feel when you close the door is incredible. Makes you feel as if you treat it with respect it will keep you safe.
The break in period was rough. Having all of that power and not being able to fully utilize it. Good thing that’s done with as it’s now sitting at 1,200 miles.
There were occasions where I put 50 gallon tubs or concrete cinder bocks in the back and there was plenty of room for everything to fit easily.
As I slowly started to lean heavier on the gas, the smile on my face would just widen. When a car this size has that much pep from the rapid firing PDK and magical Turbo V6, it is truly amazing. Don’t even get me started with the pops and burbles on a downshift!! Pure heaven.
Here’s a pic of its first fill up- which I’m finding it likes to do often.

I purchased this car (instead of leased) and usually hold onto my cars ~7-10 yrs, so I am very excited to have such a perfect machine at my disposal for a considerable amount of journeys ahead. To all of you who are waiting to take delivery, you will not be disappointed after all of those anxious days in wait!! The torture will immediately be forgotten with the first turn of the (fake) key!

btw...he also plays nicely with his big brother 😉

·
Registered
599 Posts
We got our GTS a month ago yesterday, but have not had as much fun as you! Only 600 km on our clock. These Macans are wonderful beasts.

Reactions: DXDONALD

·
Registered
2019 Macan Base, Premium Plus, 19" Turbo wheels
160 Posts
As I slowly started to lean heavier on the gas, the smile on my face would just widen. When a car this size has that much pep from the rapid firing PDK and magical Turbo V6, it is truly amazing. Don’t even get me started with the pops and burbles on a downshift!! Pure heaven.
Porsche should pay you for this snippet for marketing purposes. It says it all really. It speaks to me, anyway.

Personally, I like the PDK so much, I would want it on any Porsche I might buy in the future (looking at you Boxster/Cayman GTS! 😁 ). You can let it do the work or you can engage with it. Either way, it is great.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Love this post and I'm thrilled to see that we are not the only "white car" (7 white, 1 black) in New York.

:)

The GTS and the 911 are spectacular !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
I took delivery of this beaut in the beginning of Dec. I wasn’t shy with the options and love all of my choices.
View attachment 238403
This car has checked every box on my “Perfect Daily Driver” list. The solidity that you feel when you close the door is incredible. Makes you feel as if you treat it with respect it will keep you safe.
The break in period was rough. Having all of that power and not being able to fully utilize it. Good thing that’s done with as it’s now sitting at 1,200 miles.
There were occasions where I put 50 gallon tubs or concrete cinder bocks in the back and there was plenty of room for everything to fit easily.
Here’s a pic of its first fill up- which I’m finding it likes to do often.
View attachment 238404
I purchased this car (instead of leased) and usually hold onto my cars ~7-10 yrs, so I am very excited to have such a perfect machine at my disposal for a considerable amount of journeys ahead. To all of you who are waiting to take delivery, you will not be disappointed after all of those anxious days in wait!! The torture will immediately be forgotten with the first turn of the (fake) key!

btw...he also plays nicely with his big brother 😉
View attachment 238405
My break in period on my 2021 Macan Turbo said 2000 miles, just got there and holy crap does this have power!!!!! Previous car was a tuned 2011 Audi A4 Avant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsche should pay you for this snippet for marketing purposes. It says it all really. It speaks to me, anyway.

Personally, I like the PDK so much, I would want it on any Porsche I might buy in the future (looking at you Boxster/Cayman GTS! 😁 ). You can let it do the work or you can engage with it. Either way, it is great.
So many of my prior cars were manuals.

This PDK gives me the same feeling as rowing through the gears myself while letting me go auto whenever I want!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love this post and I'm thrilled to see that we are not the only "white car" (7 white, 1 black) in New York.

:)

The GTS and the 911 are spectacular !
Thanks Courtney! With my daughter moving back home from the city due to the pandemic, I lost use of her awd 3 series. The Carrera isn’t the best option for the winters so thought the Macan GTS would be the perfect all around daily driver...and it certainly is!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great write up, we feel your joy! Our Macan was also destined to be a keeper so we packed a lot of options into it - didn't regret any of the choices either.
I wish you many more enjoyable and trouble free miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great write up, we feel your joy! Our Macan was also destined to be a keeper so we packed a lot of options into it - didn't regret any of the choices either.
I wish you many more enjoyable and trouble free miles.
Thanks.
I love it more every day I drive it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts