User Tag List

43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1634 Post(s)
Default Cete Automotive AS Control Module

After attempting for more than two months to get Cargraphic to supply a lowering module that does not raise the suspension at expressway speeds, I ordered one of these this evening. Website is active-sound.eu

If you have AS you can program the height of your car with their smartphone app. Looks like it provides even more flexibility than the Cargraphic module, and if my understanding is correct among other things you can program custom heights for Off Road, Normal, Sport, and Sport + modes.

Anyone here have any experience with this product? Apparently it works on some other European cars with air suspension also.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)

I just watched the video Shark, amazing control from iOS !! For us ocd types , the ability to precisely lower each corner, independently is fantastic.
There must be some reports out there from users ......or is the App version too new ?

2016 Macan Turbo

2016 M T
post #3 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddis View Post
I just watched the video Shark, amazing control from iOS !! For us ocd types , the ability to precisely lower each corner, independently is fantastic.
There must be some reports out there from users ......or is the App version too new?
I was not able to find much on the Internet about this. I did download the app, and it did cause me to be interested enough to order it.

I am not usually the guinea pig type when it comes to aftermarket products, but after getting a taste of how much you can improve the Macan’s handling by lowering the car beyond the GTS OEM height, I decided to jump in feet first. I’m assuming that the installation is going to be very similar to the Cargraphic installation, and given my experience with that, I have a higher comfort level then I would have otherwise.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 PM

Not cheap though at 1200 Eu., excluding 19% VAT, PLUS Shipping and duties, hrmmmm.

2016 Macan Turbo

2016 M T
post #5 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not cheap though at 1200 Eu., excluding 19% VAT, PLUS Shipping and duties, hrmmmm.

2016 Macan Turbo
I paid $1307 delivered. Did you notice that they have it available for a seemingly reduced price of €1000?

Still not cheap by any means, but comparably priced to the Cargraphic module.

Looks like ECS Tuning is going to be selling the same product (but branded as Milltek Sport) for the RS7 priced at $1800 starting next month. Reminds me of the Cargraphic versus H&R situation.

Anyone know if I am entitled to a refund of part for all of the value added tax? For some reason I seem to recall traveling outside United States and being able to apply for a refund of the VAT on merchandise that I bought. It was a while back, and I can’t recall what country it involved.

post #6 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:25 PM

Agree, that’s not to bad. Comparable.
I could not find the app in the App Store, what did you search on Shark ?

2016 Macan Turbo

2016 M T
post #7 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I could not find the app in the App Store, what did you search on Shark ?
Using the “iPhone only” filter in the App Store, search on “Active Suspension Control BLE”.

post #8 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 PM

Thanks, App ran pretty nice.
Hope you get it by the weekend

2016 Macan Turbo
Shark likes this.

2016 M T
post #9 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)

Sorry for your problems over the last couple months with the Cargraphic module. I looked at the product on the website posted on our forums. https://www.active-sound.eu/en/porsc...air-suspension It promises alot but the vendor with his rap music sounds in the second part of the video would make me think twice about doing business with him. What happens if there are problems with the product? Will 'Active Sound' help you in the way that Jon did at Flat 6 Motorsports? You would have to ship it yourself to Germany.

2015 Macan Turbo.
post #10 of 151 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks, App ran pretty nice.
Hope you get it by the weekend

2016 Macan Turbo
Tell us about how you made this app run in 'sample'. It doesn't work for me.