6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Garage
Wink 2018 GTS sports plus button

As I have been here a long time I must say when the opportunity presented itself I did use the sport button on my previous 2016 S from time to time
and was quite pleased with the result but the difference with sport plus is truly something else
yes those modes certainly use more gas but the performance is amazing
just had to share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Have a 2018 GTS with about 5k miles. Usually drive in sport, occasionally in normal mode, sadly was not optioned with sport plus. Know that it is a dealer option available but salesman said rarely used . Since you have the magic button, give me an opinion. Would it be worth the 1k+ to add it? (and please elaborate as to why)

Last edited by rsfdoc; 05-19-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added info
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

The way I look at it;
Regular mode is for use while engine is warming up to 200 degrees and for valet parking.
Sport Mode is for normal driving, except during traffic jams.
Sport+ Mode is for "spirited driving," which could get you a ticket.
Hardly ever used.

2018 Turbo PP
2018 GLS450
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I don’t have it on my Macan but do on my 718GTS and it is like another step equivalent to between normal and sport. The car becomes an animal and it gets your senses aroused, you can feel the car is ready for action.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1 View Post
The way I look at it;
Regular mode is for use while engine is warming up to 200 degrees and for valet parking.
Hardly ever used.

I agree with your summary except that I would include Regular/Comfort mode for interstate driving. That is unless there's a passing scenario. If so, Sport is enough (now that I have added the Cobb tune).

2017 Macan GTS - DD
2017 Shelby GT350 - stupid fun
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage

I have Sport+ on my Cayman and it keeps the rev's obnoxiously high IMHO, hence why I opted not to spec my Macan with Sport+. I can count on one hand how many times I've put the Cayman in Sport+, but it's a pure daily driver and doesn't see the track.

'18 Macan GTS
'16 Cayman S
'17 LX570
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfdoc View Post
Have a 2018 GTS with about 5k miles. Usually drive in sport, occasionally in normal mode, sadly was not optioned with sport plus. Know that it is a dealer option available but salesman said rarely used . Since you have the magic button, give me an opinion. Would it be worth the 1k+ to add it? (and please elaborate as to why)
Here you have a car which was really expensive to buy. I added the sport+ afterwards because for a measly $1,000 bucks you can get that locked up performance so you can enjoy what you bought. You don't have to use it all the time, but you know it is there if you wanted to.
Reanard and Beardy like this.

2018 Macan S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1 View Post
The way I look at it;
Hardly ever used.
Ditto...just like you in the Turbo PP....hang the F on...in Sport+ Mode.

2018 Porsche Macan Turbo PP | Sapphire Blue Metallic | Natural Espresso Leather + Dark Walnut | Premium Package Plus | SportDesign Package + Mirrors | PDLS+ LED Headlamps | Illuminated Door-Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum | Rear Sun Shades | Connect Plus | Insulated Glass | Heated Front + Rear Seats | Ventilated Front Seats | Aluminum Roof Rails | Sport Chrono | PJRDNKY3

2018 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T | Matador Red Metallic | Black Leather | Virtual Cockpit | Loaded Daily Commuter
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfdoc View Post
I hate being one of those 'do a search' people, but I suggest searching for forums. This has been covered extensively over the years with lots of opinions both for and against. I'm one of the definitely put S+ in your car people. Yes, you might not use it as much as you hope, but when you do, you'll be reminded what a truly great performer our little SUV really is. I think reading the comments over the years, most people are against adding S+ because they don't use it and/or don't like the high revs and jerkiness that sometime happens. I use my paddles, and I use S+ with my Cobb time, both on the highway and on local roads. When you needs to hit it on the highway, there's nothing like the downshift and kick in the a$$ one gets when the car is in S+. That's just how I enjoy driving, and I don't care about fuel economy. I also just installed an Alcantara steering wheel in my GTS. Most wouldn't have spend the $ on that as well, especially as an aftermarket part! To each his own.

'17 GTS Night Blue over black leather with most of the toys I wanted in and out
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)

I've only used it about a handful of times. I optioned it because I'm in the camp of "it's a GTS and I'm ticking as many performance boxes I can reasonably tick". I've used Sport a lot though. And I'm Cobb tuned as well. My next car will be a Cayman of some sort and I don't really care if it's got Chrono or not.

2018 GTS Sapphire Blue
Garnet red/black leather pkg, Prem. Pkg+, PTV+, Steering Wheel Heating, Cargo Mgmt, Seat Ventilation, Sport Mirrors, LCA, ParkAssist w/Surround View, LED/PDLS+, Connect, 18-way seats, Sport Chrono, Sport Chrono clock in Garnet red, smoking pkg, sideblades painted, Cobb AccessPort, Flat6 intakes

2014 RS 5 Sepang Blue