Hold Your Head Up, Oh, Hold Your Head Up, Basers - Page 3 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

 39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,233
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Default

Whoa @Big Smoke 60 mph?,you don't drive in Jersey.Yesterday a school bus passed everyone on I-295 doing 20 mph over the speed limit. I was in the middle lane zooming with the flow of traffic. Luckily the bus had no kids in it.
rasetsu likes this.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
Jshore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Big Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
Whoa @Big Smoke 60 mph?,you don't drive in Jersey.Yesterday a school bus passed everyone on I-295 doing 20 mph over the speed limit. I was in the middle lane zooming with the flow of traffic. Luckily the bus had no kids in it.
If that bus driver was here? He was probably trying to get to the weed store before is ran out.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4563450/cannabis-sales-site/

and the first arrest...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...cket-1.4867328
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 420-simpsons_result.jpg (39.4 KB, 13 views)
Jshore likes this.

Mid Life crisis?
NO... it's been pretty constant.
Big Smoke is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
The peasant package makes good sense.
While those GTS owners roam around at 50% depreciation in 3 year.
The PP Macan, can sleep restfully.
I have yet to open my sunroof in my 5 months of ownership.
34o ish hp? I haven't been over 6oMPH in weeks?
It takes between 2o-4o hp to keep a car at 60mph. From what I've read.

P = (kg) x V x DV / Dt
I love it when you talk engineering!

Mine seldom sees a speed limit over 55 mph, mostly 45 mph or less. It’s been out on the interstate less than a dozen times in 18,000 miles (Cayenne does highway duty). The PCM says most tanks of gas average about 35 mph and 24 mpg. Feels light and quick around town.

‘17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
‘17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)
Dkayak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MDJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 972 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2974 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
The peasant package makes good sense.
While those GTS owners roam around at 50% depreciation in 3 year.
The PP Macan, can sleep restfully.
I have yet to open my sunroof in my 5 months of ownership.
34o ish hp? I haven't been over 6oMPH in weeks?
It takes between 2o-4o hp to keep a car at 60mph. From what I've read.

P = (kg) x V x DV / Dt
I hate it when you do engineering and speak in fork/foreign tongue

Actually, I believe the GTS holds value very well. Take @yrralis1 as a case in point. Just traded in a GTS and got a very good value.

As for only needing 20 to 40 hp to do 60, that may well be true. But how about uphill with a full load and then the need to pass?

My music system at home is powered by 11 channels of amplification totaling 2200 watts. Now, I'm sure I rarely ever cruise at or near half of that power, but, A, it's nice to know it's there. B, when it's needed, it's there in spades.
MDJAK is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
My music system at home is powered by 11 channels of amplification totaling 2200 watts. Now, I'm sure I rarely ever cruise at or near half of that power, but, A, it's nice to know it's there. B, when it's needed, it's there in spades.
Whoa! That’s a 3 HP audio system!
MDJAK likes this.

‘17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
‘17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)
Dkayak is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Default

So I'm back in a base loaner again and I'm flogging it. I continue to confirm that the torque curve is not lacking at all for daily driving.

But the suspension is where I feel it lacks. I think it's the combo of smaller tires, taller steel springs, and no PASM that knock off a few ticks of fun. I know some people like the lighter front end feel but I'm personally not a fan as although I can see how people like it, to me it's a lack of feedback. I suspect that it has to do with with the smaller wheels and tires that usually come on the base models along with the softer suspension in addition to the weight as I don't think all 300lbs of difference between a base and GTS is all up front.
iszatso likes this.

2018 GTS Sapphire Blue
Garnet red/black leather pkg, Prem. Pkg+, PTV+, Steering Wheel Heating, Cargo Mgmt, Seat Ventilation, Sport Mirrors, LCA, ParkAssist w/Surround View, LED/PDLS+, Connect, 18-way seats, Sport Chrono, Sport Chrono clock in Garnet red, smoking pkg, sideblades painted, Cobb AccessPort

2014 RS 5 Sepang Blue

Gone
2005 STi World Rally Blue
2011 GTI Shadow Blue
2006 G35 Athens Blue
rasetsu is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,233
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Default

I do agree that PASM makes a huge difference in the Macan especially the sixes.
For the money ,I would take a lightly optioned base over any of the other lux and not so lux 4 bangers around.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
Jshore is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasetsu View Post
So I'm back in a base loaner again and I'm flogging it. I continue to confirm that the torque curve is not lacking at all for daily driving.

But the suspension is where I feel it lacks. I think it's the combo of smaller tires, taller steel springs, and no PASM that knock off a few ticks of fun. I know some people like the lighter front end feel but I'm personally not a fan as although I can see how people like it, to me it's a lack of feedback. I suspect that it has to do with with the smaller wheels and tires that usually come on the base models along with the softer suspension in addition to the weight as I don't think all 300lbs of difference between a base and GTS is all up front.
Where else’s could it be? Same interior, drivetrain, etc. Slightly larger front brakes. Some wheel options might be a bit heavier, but 2 of those are up front too. Other than that, only the engine differs.

‘17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
‘17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)
Dkayak is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Default

When i drove a base macan as my loaner, i formed a completely different opinion than you. I actually thought it was just terrible, but i am curious to know why. It had only 700 miles on it, and just felt all over the place, no precision in steering, any sudden move or a sharp turn, and there was so much body roll. Maybe it is based on the specific options i have in my car, but driving the base Macan felt like driving a Toyota Rav 4 for me. Also the loaner had 18 inch wheels.
iszatso likes this.

Macan S/Saphire Blue Metallic/ 20 RS Spyder Design Wheels/Summer Tires/Wheel Center Caps Colored/ Window Trim (High Gloss)/Rear Fascia Painted/Premium Package Plus/Infotainment Package/Air Suspension (Incl. PASM)/18 Way Seats/Standard Interior in Black/Lane Change Assist (LCA)/3 Zone Climate Control/Lightning Package/Smoking Package

Expected Delivery (Early March)
Jib_Jam is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkayak View Post
Where else’s could it be? Same interior, drivetrain, etc. Slightly larger front brakes. Some wheel options might be a bit heavier, but 2 of those are up front too. Other than that, only the engine differs.
The air suspension and PASM which components go under the driver seat and in the rear hatch area are likely significant.

2018 GTS Sapphire Blue
Garnet red/black leather pkg, Prem. Pkg+, PTV+, Steering Wheel Heating, Cargo Mgmt, Seat Ventilation, Sport Mirrors, LCA, ParkAssist w/Surround View, LED/PDLS+, Connect, 18-way seats, Sport Chrono, Sport Chrono clock in Garnet red, smoking pkg, sideblades painted, Cobb AccessPort

2014 RS 5 Sepang Blue

Gone
2005 STi World Rally Blue
2011 GTI Shadow Blue
2006 G35 Athens Blue
rasetsu is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome