post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage

ME Want the new GTS :-)

Be Great!
2018 Macan S Volcano Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Premium Plus | LED Headlights | 14-way Seats | Trailer Hitch | Sport Design side mirrors | PASM | 20" RS Spyder wheels | Wheel Center Caps with Crest | Sunblind for rear seats | Steering Wheel Heating | Smoking package | Lane Change Assist (LCA) | Illuminated aluminum Door sill | Navigation Module |Connect Plus
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)

I'll stick with a 2018 red on black turbo for now... Big engine (3.6L) not to be offered again. Unlimited tuning potential. Great resale value. Very distinct front bumper; cannot be mistaken for any other Macan. 400HP/400TQ stock AWD. Throttle drop!
notmac1 and sergeyb like this.

///BRUCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Bruce View Post
I'll stick with a 2018 red on black turbo for now... Big engine (3.6L) not to be offered again. Unlimited tuning potential. Great resale value. Very distinct front bumper; cannot be mistaken for any other Macan. 400HP/400TQ stock AWD. Throttle drop!
Yes - I'll stick with my '18 Turbo PP

2018 Porsche Macan Turbo PP | Sapphire Blue Metallic | Natural Espresso Leather + Dark Walnut | Premium Package Plus | SportDesign Package + Mirrors | PDLS+ LED Headlamps | Illuminated Door-Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum | Rear Sun Shades | Connect Plus | Insulated Glass | Heated Front + Rear Seats | Ventilated Front Seats | Aluminum Roof Rails | Sport Chrono | PJRDNKY3

2018 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T | Matador Red Metallic | Black Leather | Virtual Cockpit | Loaded Daily Commuter
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Is it me or does that Audi 2.9tt not sound as mean as the outgoing 3.6 Porsche tt ?? Bragging rights are definitely hurt when one finds and Audi engine in a Porsche turbo. Sharing the platform and the transmission is one thing but it’s a straight Audi now!!
K-A likes this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmacan View Post

Is it me or does that Audi 2.9tt not sound as mean as the outgoing 3.6 Porsche tt ?? Bragging rights are definitely hurt when one finds and Audi engine in a Porsche turbo. Sharing the platform and the transmission is one thing but it’s a straight Audi now!!
Have a look at the current Cayenne: Base and hybrid: 3.0L Audi turbo engine. S: 2.9L Audi twin-Turbo engine. Turbo and Turbo S hybrid: 4.0L Audi-Porsche twin-turbo engine.

I’m afraid that the only engines Porsche will keep manufacturing by itself are the flat engines, and I agree with you that having an Audi engine fitted on an Audi-VW platform has a damaging effect on bragging rights.
K-A likes this.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABusLux View Post
Have a look at the current Cayenne: Base and hybrid: 3.0L Audi turbo engine. S: 2.9L Audi twin-Turbo engine. Turbo and Turbo S hybrid: 4.0L Audi-Porsche twin-turbo engine.

I’m afraid that the only engines Porsche will keep manufacturing by itself are the flat engines, and I agree with you that having an Audi engine fitted on an Audi-VW platform has a damaging effect on bragging rights.
Thought I read the V8 was designed and is produced by Porsche for both companies.

But does it really matter today if the buildings the engines are being designed and manufactured in say Audi or Porsche on the outside? Does one really have better engineering and manufacturing capabilities versus the other?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:11 AM
K-A

Mentioned: 733 Post(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)

Macans look good on the track. Unlike that FWD Benz minivan plunging through a turn, lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmacan View Post
It’s not just you. I notice that on the new Pannys. They have that generic small displacement “gastric” synthetic turbo fart sound of so many new turbo cars. The Porsche engines in the Macans I feel did well to avoid that. And I agree. I love the Macan but an Audi platform, an Audi engine and a PDK derived from the Audi unit? Just too far for my liking. I tend to romanticize my cars and that messes with the Macan aura and specialness/uniqueness imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in Philly View Post
Thought I read the V8 was designed and is produced by Porsche for both companies.

But does it really matter today if the buildings the engines are being designed and manufactured in say Audi or Porsche on the outside? Does one really have better engineering and manufacturing capabilities versus the other?
It does when you’re spending a lot more than Audi money and you want some fundamental “grains” to go with the premium of your Porsche badge.

Porsche 911 C2 (991.1) | Aqua Blue/Black, PASM, PTV+, PDK, Sport Chrono, 20" Black HRE's, Red Calipers, Black Tips/Markers/Badge, H&R Sport Springs, Sharkwerks X Pipe, Vorsteiner CF Spoiler, Painted SPASM Front Lip, Most fluff stuff, Tints.

'18 Hyundai Sonata | Black/Black.

Sold:
'15 Macan S SportDesign | White/Black, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Summer's, AS/PASM, Gloss Black Trim, PP, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Tints.

'13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black | M-B's: 11/10/06 E350 "Sport," '02 S500.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It does when you’re spending a lot more than Audi money and you want some fundamental “grains” to go with the premium of your Porsche badge.
What matters most to me is that I'm getting a superior driving experience and nicer interior appointments worth the extra $. Could care less where the parts are sourced from so long as there are not dependability issues.

If I had to do it all over again today I would again be considering the SQ5 alternative. I think VAG has allowed the gap between the two cars to close somewhat. Especially noticeable if you drive an SQ5 with AS and Audi's version of PTV. And in the definition of "superior driving experience" I include tech.

Is the Porsche worth more? Of course. But I ask myself how much more. I expect there will soon be (if there are not already) AS lowering modules allowing improvement to the SQ5's handlng. Would it match the Macan's handling? Would not at all expect that, but based on the huge handling improvement with the lowering module on my current Macan, I would expect a significant improvement to the OEM SQ5 AS.

One of the things that really pushed me to go with the Macan was the availability of the larger engine with all the low end torque, even though I very much like the immediacy of the supercharged engine on the old generation SQ5. In this category and price range I want a car that accelerates absolutely effortlessly. But now the old SQ5 is gone and the new SQ5 engine feels very similar to the GTS engine. The piece we don't know yet is what will the new Turbo power be like with the 2.9? I'm interested in more than just peak horsepower numbers as I don't often take the engine beyond 4500 RPM. Guess we will know fairly soon.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in Philly View Post

Yea it matters. Why doesn’t Audi build engines for the gt3? Or take over building the flat 6? Would fly over well with 911 owners? Why would you think macan owners should be ok with it. If they are ok then why not take it all the way an put a VW engine in there? What a joke!
K-A likes this.