• 1 Post By MDJAK

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Garage
Default Taking the Macan to the German Autobahn

Earlier this week I was close to the German border, so I decided to take a few extra minutes to drive the Macan on the Autobahn. As I can't stop thinking of my dear fellow MF members, and since those of you that took European delivery could not enjoy a broken-in Macan on those wonderful highways, I took a little video for your enjoyment (btw, it's amazing the nice little videos one can do in a few minutes with a smartphone these days). I wish I had known the road and the weather had been better in order to push the car a bit more, but it was anyway great to get a taste of what a joy the car can be not having to keep an eye on the speedometer at all times in order to avoid the low and strictly and severely enforced speed limits we have in Switzerland.

In a few words, the car provides an exciting experience in full acceleration, with PSE contributing a good deal of the excitement, feels greatly planted at high speeds (much better than my previous A6 Sport Line, which had firmer and lower suspension compared to the standard model), and if it accelerates well it brakes even better. The only lowlight is that in Sport mode the gearshifts happen a bit too early, leaving you wanting a little more.

https://youtu.be/j9a7AckOQyI
2thguy, WHT TGR, jzwu and 3 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABusLux View Post
Earlier this week I was close to the German border, so I decided to take a few extra minutes to drive the Macan on the Autobahn. As I can't stop thinking of my dear fellow MF members, and since those of you that took European delivery could not enjoy a broken-in Macan on those wonderful highways, I took a little video for your enjoyment (btw, it's amazing the nice little videos one can do in a few minutes with a smartphone these days). I wish I had known the road and the weather had been better in order to push the car a bit more, but it was anyway great to get a taste of what a joy the car can be not having to keep an eye on the speedometer at all times in order to avoid the low and strictly and severely enforced speed limits we have in Switzerland.

In a few words, the car provides an exciting experience in full acceleration, with PSE contributing a good deal of the excitement, feels greatly planted at high speeds (much better than my previous A6 Sport Line, which had firmer and lower suspension compared to the standard model), and if it accelerates well it brakes even better. The only lowlight is that in Sport mode the gearshifts happen a bit too early, leaving you wanting a little more.

https://youtu.be/j9a7AckOQyI
Wow, impressive!!!.....if the gearshifts happen to early, Sportplus is the solution!!!......nice video
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Garage

I know, but the P-dealer in Geneva insists that the SP retrofit for the GTS won't be available until October.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 690 Post(s)
Quoted: 3415 Post(s)

Thanks for the video !! Looks and sounds great !!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Hat's mal gejuckt?

SANDRIN
Hammering Censored Can Driver

Flying Hueys, Mi-8 and Cougars
Driving 1968 280 SL and 2003 R 1200 C
Soon to come: Porsche Macan GTS
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for the video. While in Germany I enjoyed the Autobahn as well, at the end of the trip spending over an hour at 150 km/hr plus, usually cruising at 170-180. The top speed I saw was 200, might have been more on occasion, but that was what I noticed. I could not believe how planted and in control the Macan feels at those speeds, and absolutely loved the shift from 3rd to 4th under acceleration. The sad thing is I will (likely) never see those speeds again in my Macan in North America

Glad you enjoyed your experience.

Night (was Dark) metallic blue, Agate standard interior, Navigation Module (was Infotainment Package), Premium Package (now with Bose radio), Trailer Hitch, PASM, PSP, 19" Turbo wheels, lane change assist, (now included Light Comfort package),18 way seats,Smoker's package
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannassee View Post
Wow, impressive!!!.....if the gearshifts happen to early, Sportplus is the solution!!!......nice video
Or manual shifting.

Nice video! Love the sound of the PSE.

2018 Porsche Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Sports Chrono, and lots of nice options.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Sound so good...i wish i could drive to autobahn in Germany too...too bad it is too far from Canada. Thanks for the clip.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 988 Post(s)
Quoted: 3048 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDRIN View Post
Hat's mal gejuckt?
You can say that again. I totally agree, even though I have no idea what it means.

Fanfriggintastic!!!!!!!
RJMcInnis likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Nice video - jealous as in the US one would be handcuffed doing 125MPH / 200 KM!!!

Macan S is now 1.5 yrs old - still lovin BIG RED!