If you were to start over and to buy or lease a car again, would you consider this c - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

19Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Default If you were to start over and to buy or lease a car again, would you consider this c

*note to admin, I did search for If you were to start over and to buy or lease a car again, would you consider this car? without result if someone has opened this topic before? Perhaps you can help me???

Back to the topic, for me most likely not. I feel like I overpaid on the car (and yes unfortunately on a base without much) for what it offers (whether features or performance) - sigh -

I still can’t believe why I missed out the GLC when I was doing car shopping last year. I looked at pretty much everything from premium to the upper rank non-premium segment and how could I miss the MB!

Anyway today I suddenly thought about the GLC so I checked out the 2018 pre-facelift model. Seems like even the cheapest one offers pretty everything like LED headlights, navigation all the gadgets etc etc that would cost an arm and leg on the Macan. Performance is pretty good or even faster than this Macan? The only thing I dislike is the gear selector it looks almost like a wiper stalk.

Just a note I am talking just the base model, not the AMG version. So don’t take your S GTS or Turbo to compare it let’s be fair.

I am so curious about the pricing so might quote one tomorrow. But unfortunately I am locked to a lease right now as I discussed in another post but already have a feeling it’s much cheaper than I signed up with the same terms on the Macan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 671 Post(s)
Quoted: 3315 Post(s)

The question is too vague . I did buy 4 Macans and have no regrets but I also have other cars . I absolutely would pick it as my compact SUV . However some here decided they wanted a larger full size vehicle , or a sedan, or a sports car (like a 911 or Cayman ).

The bottom line is the people who werent happy with the Macan or currently want another vehicle either left or plan on letting go . This would be the case with ANY car though .

No one can decide if the base Macan is the car for you . You have to decide it . As for leasing (which you asked) I would never lease a Porsche . That alone as the criteria would send me elsewhere .
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I too looked at the MB for a change and yes you do get much more bang for your buck as you do with Audi etc but when you drive them they are not a Porsche
After my wife drove the Macan she didn’t even want to go back to the MB dealer for a second look. Each to their own though.
Sgtdevildog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)

I would do it all over again. I might actually spend more money and get a few more options than I have, but I am quite content with my S the way it is.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

I have one mistake buying a car that was severe enough for me sell it quickly.....

BMW wagon... small thing with the CD player mounted in the rear over the right rear wheel...
It skipped at every RR track... you name it.....CD players were the options for music back then.

It's expensive to exit early from a purchase..... but I did.

You can't live with a car you don't like
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

My wife is driving her 6th Mercedes. It will be our last.

2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition Black
2017 Triumph Bobber Black
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
I too looked at the MB for a change and yes you do get much more bang for your buck as you do with Audi etc but when you drive them they are not a Porsche
After my wife drove the Macan she didn’t even want to go back to the MB dealer for a second look. Each to their own though.
How does it drive different? It's basically
a Q5 underneath or you are just talking about the transmission but I don't notice there is any difference between both cars in terms of performance or if it's even better since I have driven both.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Also I was just talking about the GLC other models are not related I saw some negative comments on MB but this is just on the GLC as it is a direct competitor has anyone owned one mind to share what so bad about it?
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

I would do it all over again. I might actually spend more money and get a few more options than I have, but I am quite content with my S the way it is.
Agreed. Very happy with my 2018 Macan GTS purchase. In retrospect, I should have opted for surround view, but that's it.

As a former Mercedes owner (C300 and C450), I considered the GLC43 coupe, and even the Jaguar F-pace S...but definitely the Macan GTS out handled them both.
Thunder likes this.

2018 Macan GTS - Agate Grey, PTV+, Sport Chrono Pkg., LED Headlights, Std. Black Leather Pkg., Premium Pkg. Plus, LCA, Adaptive Sport 18-Way Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Black Brushed Aluminum Pkg., Porsche Connect, Smoking Pkg., Black Roof Rails, Trailer Hitch, CravenSpeed Platypus License Plate Mount, Window Switch Trim, 35% Tint on Front Windows, Standard PPF
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascarababa View Post
*note to admin, I did search for If you were to start over and to buy or lease a car again, would you consider this car? without result if someone has opened this topic before? Perhaps you can help me???

Back to the topic, for me most likely not. I feel like I overpaid on the car (and yes unfortunately on a base without much) for what it offers (whether features or performance) - sigh -

I still canít believe why I missed out the GLC when I was doing car shopping last year. I looked at pretty much everything from premium to the upper rank non-premium segment and how could I miss the MB!

Anyway today I suddenly thought about the GLC so I checked out the 2018 pre-facelift model. Seems like even the cheapest one offers pretty everything like LED headlights, navigation all the gadgets etc etc that would cost an arm and leg on the Macan. Performance is pretty good or even faster than this Macan? The only thing I dislike is the gear selector it looks almost like a wiper stalk.

Just a note I am talking just the base model, not the AMG version. So donít take your S GTS or Turbo to compare it letís be fair.

I am so curious about the pricing so might quote one tomorrow. But unfortunately I am locked to a lease right now as I discussed in another post but already have a feeling itís much cheaper than I signed up with the same terms on the Macan.
The base GLC (in the US, here we just have diesels) has similar performance as the base Macan but it doesn't handle anywhere as well. The Macan is also much more luxurious in my opinion. The infotainment on the Macan is better than the one on the GLC, and the infotainment on the 2020 Macan is much better than the one on the GLC.

The GLC is slightly more practical than the Macan because it's not a coupť shape (the proper comparison would be to the new GLC Coupť), but anyway the GLC has a bit more room in the back and a bit more trunk space.

The GLC is a nice car and I drove it. One of my family members has one. I could live with it just fine. I just wouldn't really love it and would prefer either the Q5 or the X3, if I couldn't afford the Macan.

I would only lease a car if I could afford to buy it outright.
Orzel likes this.