LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Default New Turbo Paint Correction & Feynlab Ceramic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
We are taking our new Cayenne to Adam next week!

just visited adam for my follow up wash and he was about thirty minutes away from applying the ceramic to your cayenne. not sure if you did paint correction but it looked amazing. the black was so deep, it looked like it had blue in it. sheís a beauty; love the camel interior, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mbr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:25 AM
mbr

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaReagan View Post
just visited adam for my follow up wash and he was about thirty minutes away from applying the ceramic to your cayenne. not sure if you did paint correction but it looked amazing. the black was so deep, it looked like it had blue in it. sheís a beauty; love the camel interior, too.

Thanks!! You beat me to the first online posted pic of the new Cayenne! Was planning to take a few when it gets home tomorrow. I love how the jet black metallic color varies in different lighting conditions. My wife originally wanted moonlight blue but is really happy with the jet black. I am also going to have Adam ceramic coat my 991 wheels (car already has full xpel ppf) and likely will do mild correction and ceramic on my 993 (he was impressed with how good the original paint looks on it)

2017 991.2 Carrera 4S - GT Silver Metallic. Black/Bordeaux Red. Sport Package. PDK. PASM. PP+. ACC. LCA. FAL. 18-Way Seats. Bose. 20" Carrera Sport Wheels

1997 993 Carrera Cabriolet - Black. Cashmere Beige/Black. 6 speed manual. 17" Cup 2 Wheels

2019 Cayenne Base. Jet Black Metallic. Black/Mojave Beige. PP+. Surround View. Bose. 21" Spyder Wheels
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Thanks!! You beat me to the first online posted pic of the new Cayenne! Was planning to take a few when it gets home tomorrow. I love how the jet black metallic color varies in different lighting conditions. My wife originally wanted moonlight blue but is really happy with the jet black. I am also going to have Adam ceramic coat my 991 wheels (car already has full xpel ppf) and likely will do mild correction and ceramic on my 993 (he was impressed with how good the original paint looks on it)
my apologies, i didnít realize you hadnít posted a pic of your new cayenne, yet. i only caught a partial of it; make sure you post some shots when adam is done with it!

adam also coated my 991 wheels and the macanís wheels. it makes a huge difference, especially when cleaning them.
mbr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

tinted the front side markers this afternoon. didnít want to black them out completely, just tone them down a bit. pleased with the result, which is a bit darker in person vs. whatís represented in the picture.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:51 PM
mbr

Quote:
tinted the front side markers this afternoon. didnít want to black them out completely, just tone them down a bit. pleased with the result, which is a bit darker in person vs. whatís represented in the picture.

Nice job! I agree the side marker tint is necessary:

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/mod...rker-tint.html

Now just trying to figure out how to remove the cayenne side markers so I can tint them

2017 991.2 Carrera 4S - GT Silver Metallic. Black/Bordeaux Red. Sport Package. PDK. PASM. PP+. ACC. LCA. FAL. 18-Way Seats. Bose. 20" Carrera Sport Wheels

1997 993 Carrera Cabriolet - Black. Cashmere Beige/Black. 6 speed manual. 17" Cup 2 Wheels

2019 Cayenne Base. Jet Black Metallic. Black/Mojave Beige. PP+. Surround View. Bose. 21" Spyder Wheels
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 PM
mbr

Quote:
my apologies, i didnít realize you hadnít posted a pic of your new cayenne, yet. i only caught a partial of it; make sure you post some shots when adam is done with it!

adam also coated my 991 wheels and the macanís wheels. it makes a huge difference, especially when cleaning them.
Posted the pics here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post15772377

Adam is doing my 991 wheels in 2 weeks (already has PPF on entire car) and may correct and ceramic my black 993 (original paint in very good condition but has usual black blemishes) in a few weeks