A little birdie shared the following :
1) there is a stop production on 718's . The next ones will be EV or if not close enough to it .
2)Current inventory 718 GTS cars are being discounted big time. If you love the current 718 GTS this is the time to buy it .
3) 992 cars will quickly move in the direction of hybrid . In fact the S and and 4S being released are equipped to embrace the hybrid components
4) The last Ice car expected is a Gt4 Cayman . This might be a collector car (just my opinion) .
5) A Macan GTS.2 is not anticipated . A Turbo is a real possibility next year.
6) Disclaimer .. the above are not absolutes but are worth keeping in mind .
It's (EV cars ) happening .
The Taycan is expected soon .
1) I have not heard about the stop order but the rest is true. Autocar has good resources, usually Porsche itself https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...and-ev-options
EV prototypes are running. But here is the key point: EVs under PPE architecture. Hybrids under old 718. Both sold at the same time like the EV Macan. Notice both the EV 718 and the Macan are both under the same PPE architecture. That's seems to be new.
2.) Don't know anything about that.
3.) Confirmed. P. 11 of the 2018 Porsche Annual Report. 992 is hybrid read.
per sources 718 moving to the same 992 concept for hybrids. In other words, the EVs will be under the PPE architecture while the co-existing hybrids running the old, but updated body styles to handle the hybrid engine. Thats why this seems to say.
4). I kind of doubt that. I expect it will be a 911. That could be the dealer working up sales - Come buy this! End of an era! But maybe or maybe not.
5.) What would be the point of it? Why have four trim levels (base, S, GTS, and Turbo) AND EV when the whole point is to wean the buyers away from ICE. This sounds reasonable.
6.) EVs. For those that don't believe it, read the press release. Its now old news. https://newsroom.porsche.com/fallbac...iew-17185.html
Since Porsche is just one brand of VAG, VAG is going to get big fines
on top of their already massive dieselgate fines if they can't get their numbers down.
Yeah, all seems reasonable although the GT4 things sounds shaky to me.
BTW, you might want to read Rennteam 2.0 - EN - Forum - - Page1
First I heard about this is there is any truth to it.