409Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1081 of 1089 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfr View Post
You can ask for anything you want. A logo coffee cup, paint protection, free 1st service, whatever. But with a great discount why not be a happy customer, greet your SA with a smile and a handshake and ask them to actually like you after the sale.

This attitude of badgering dealers for every last penny is silly and unseemly.

Thanks for the advice, you are right. I bought my first Porsche two days ago. I'm pretty happy.
bfr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Just for reference;

I went to the Cleveland Beachwood Dealer comparing the deal for a new Cayenne S (in stock in Cleveland) I was also considering one in Pittsburgh Pa that's was coming in. Lots of good reviews on internet from Cleveland so a gave them a chance.

What a horrible experience!

Found out the new Cayenne had 500+ miles on it and a baby seat in the back seat. The manager was using it as his daily driver. That bothered me but figured that may allow a larger discount. Knowing that I came from out of state here was there deal.

4% off 120k Cayenne!

I have my 2015 Macan Turbo, 21000 miles never seen snow, hardly seen rain, heated garage it's whole life in EXCELLENT condition and a 94+K optioned car.

There trade in value 43K. Which is 10K less than KBB.

Needless to say they wouldn't budge even when I told them another dealer was 10K better on the deal!

I have no idea how they have a good review of their Cleveland dealership with those insulting numbers! Pittsburgh Auto Palace a pleasure in comparison!
post #1083 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Jeweler View Post
. . . Found out the new Cayenne had 500+ miles on it and a baby seat in the back seat. The manager was using it as his daily driver. That bothered me but figured that may allow a larger discount. Knowing that I came from out of state here was there deal. . .
That absolutely sucks -- but at least potential buyers are now forewarned. Gotta tell you that it really sticks in my craw when things (anything: vehicles, houses, guitars, cameras, you name it) are misrepresented by the seller.
Thanks for the heads-up

2017 Macan Volcano Gray Metallic w/nav, panoramic roof &c
2014 Cayman S (6M) triple black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1084 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Given the state of of the economy in northern OH, for a high-line dealer to stay in the game is a miracle.
If they are also the only choice locally, you can forget about getting deals.

Unless you are shopping for a convertible in the middle of a blizzard season, that is.

Embarrassing ? Nah, that's called show business. ©
post #1085 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Jeweler View Post
Pittsburgh Auto Palace a pleasure in comparison!
Did you speak with Sewickley Porsche?

I bought my Macan from a dealer on Long Island. I stopped by Sewickley to speak with them about their service dept and one of the SA's met me even before I took 10 steps from my Macan.

I am planning on ordering a 2020 and will be heading to Sewickley.

2017 Macan Turbo - Black, 20" RS Spyder Wheels, Std. Black Leather Pkg., Premium Pkg. Plus, Adaptive Sport 18-Way Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Black Roof Rails, Black Tinted Windows
post #1086 of 1089 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkh0331 View Post
Did you speak with Sewickley Porsche?

I bought my Macan from a dealer on Long Island. I stopped by Sewickley to speak with them about their service dept and one of the SA's met me even before I took 10 steps from my Macan.

I am planning on ordering a 2020 and will be heading to Sewickley.
When I was looking for the 2015 Macan Pittsburgh dealers are the closest to me. I looked at reviews of the dealerships and Auto Palace had the best 5 star ratings in Pittsburgh so that's where I went and was very pleased with the discount, fairness and their service has been great on the Macan.

I only went to look at Cleveland since they had one in stock and neither Pittsburgh location's did and I wanted to compare prices especially since I had a trade-in. Cleveland ratings have many 5 star reviews so go figure, it sure wasn't for me. Also their excuses of their high price just didn't make sense and bulls*** I won't tolerate.

Interesting the Cleveland manager tried to insinuate one of the Pittsburgh dealers is going to close which is why their price was better. IMO they totally have a dishonesty about them.
post #1087 of 1089 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 PM
mbr

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)

Best car buying experience ever! Just bought a new Cayenne from Chad Pierce at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. He offered the best discount, best trade-in value for my trade, helped me locate the car I was planning to order (It was loading on a ship in Emden the next day), and even met me halfway between here and Atlanta to exchange the new Cayenne for my trade-in. First class deal all the way through!
wspollack, bfr and nishs like this.

2017 991.2 Carrera 4S - GT Silver Metallic. Black/Bordeaux Red. Sport Package. PDK. PASM. PP+. ACC. LCA. FAL. 18-Way Seats. Bose. 20" Carrera Sport Wheels

1997 993 Carrera Cabriolet - Black. Cashmere Beige/Black. 6 speed manual. 17" Cup 2 Wheels

2019 Cayenne Base. Jet Black Metallic. Black/Mojave Beige. PP+. Surround View. Bose. 21" Spyder Wheels
post #1088 of 1089 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Best car buying experience ever! Just bought a new Cayenne from Chad Pierce at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. He offered the best discount, best trade-in value for my trade, helped me locate the car I was planning to order (It was loading on a ship in Emden the next day), and even met me halfway between here and Atlanta to exchange the new Cayenne for my trade-in. First class deal all the way through!
Chad's the guy! I built one through him and picked it up last weekend. 8.5%
mbr likes this.

2019 Porsche Macan S (June 2019)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trails Team Ultimate Edition - Manual Transmission (sold)
2008 Yamaha V-Star (sold)
2005 Harley Davidson Roadster XL1200R (sold)
2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 (sold)
1976 Raleigh Tourister English 3-speed (for sale)
post #1089 of 1089 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Byers Imports in Columbus Ohio. Sticker was $98K. Paid $92K. New. Free delivery in enclosed carrier to my door in Houston.

///BRUCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous rides: 09 BMW 650 coupe, 09 MB ML63 AMG, GT500KR manual, GT500 manual, 01 BMW M3C manual, 03.5 BMW M3C manual, 05 BMW M3C manual, 13 C63 AMG, '70 Jag XKE coupe manual, '62 MGB manual, '70 Ford Mach I w Cleveland V8 manual