User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Question Advice on 2018 Macan Turbo

Hey, new user here, been doing the rounds on "which macan should I buy" for a real long time and really getting tired of shopping around. I was going to get a 2018 sport edition but test drove it yesterday and hated the handling and how slow the 4 cylinder felt. I like the way the sport edition looks though just because it doesn't go out of the way to look all flashy etc. I just want it to look mostly normal not like performance oriented or what not. I test drove a gts and loved it, but there aren't any GTS' in my area that are even close to the options I want and also I don't like all the gts badging on exterior / interior etc. Sooo that brings me to wanting a turbo as I am assuming that it will handle / drive more like the gts than a sport edition obviously and the detailing on the turbo looks mostly normal / reserved. At this point I'm mostly just looking for somewhat of a reasonable deal because there is very limited inventory where I am and i have all these picky options i'm obsessing over.

This is the closest match of what I'm looking for nearby:

My questions are the following:

1. Does this overall seem like a decent price for what the build is? Are there any "essential" turbo options that this car is missing out on?

2. How feasible / reasonable is it to swap out the gloss black door handles with body colored handles? Can I just pay for the new handles at the porsche dealer and they do it or is it kinda a non starter.

3. This particular car has the rounded sport exhaust, but I prefer the more rectilinear turbo exhaust, is that also something I could swap out at a dealer?

4. And fourthly the rims I don't like the black ones, but like the chrome 21 RS style. Would a porsche dealership give me any sort of deal to "trade in" these black ones to get the RS ones or would I basically just be eating the cost of the new rims?

I know you're probably thinking, jesus man just find a different car that has what you want on it, but I can't really afford to wait any longer for different inventory and this is the closest car to me that has the main options correct, (white ext, leather interior no alcanta, roof rails, no tow hitch)

Last edited by mactyler; 08-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactyler View Post
. . . This is the closest match of what I'm looking for nearby: . . .
Welcome to the forum, mactyler, but. . .
What is the closest match? I'm not seeing any link or photo on my browser.
Where's "nearby" (i.e., what's your location)?

2017 Macan Volcano Gray Metallic w/nav, panoramic roof &c
2014 Cayman S (6M) triple black
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm not allowed to post url's yet so pretty hard for me to link to the car lol, but i've just updated the original post with photos of the info.

Last edited by mactyler; 08-11-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: n/a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)

Why not search nationwide on the Porsche website.... they will all deliver

Limiting yourself geographically is going to restrict your choices
Cast the WIDE net....

here
https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:46 PM

Why not search nationwide on the Porsche website.... they will all deliver

Limiting yourself geographically is going to restrict your choices
Cast the WIDE net....

here
https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I guess since I live in a major city (San Francisco), most places will deliver here from elsewhere even like 2000 miles away? Is it just mostly a flat fee like $2k to get it shipped?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactyler View Post
I'm not allowed to post url's yet so pretty hard for me to link to the car lol, but i've just updated the original post with photos of the info.
Yep, I can see it now. If the dealer is not a Porsche dealer, it would be difficult to get the CPO (extended) warranty; therefore, you might want to use that in your negotiation.
I agree with @Willie Web about accessing the Porsche Pre-Owned search. At least you would be able to view asking prices for comparable Macan Turbos.
I cannot speak to shipping costs, but if you find *THE* car, you could work an out-the-door price which would include taxes, registration, shipping, all-in
Again, knowledge is power.

2017 Macan Volcano Gray Metallic w/nav, panoramic roof &c
2014 Cayman S (6M) triple black
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

If you “hated” the handling of the Sport Edition, I’m not sure why you would like the handling of the Turbo with AS; I believe they have the same suspension.

2018 Macan GTS | White with Black/red partial leather, 18-ways, Premium Plus, Connect Plus, SC, ACC, Surround View, LED headlights, LCA, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, white sideblades, black rails, sport mirrors, carbon fiber trim, red gauges, trailer hitch.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Boxster S | Agate Grey/Agate Grey and Orange, Comfort, SC, Navigation/Bose, 20-inch rims, Park Assist front and rear
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)

First, up front, it has all the options mine has and I paid $92K new.

A couple of things to look at IF you are not aware of to do:

-AutoCheck AND CarFax. See where it's been in the U.S. Has it spent all its time in Ca or was up in Chicago or the NE (think salt).
- How many miles on it BEFORE it was titled? In other words, was it a demo and then sold with ~5K on the odometer.
-How many owners?
-Ask if it can be taken to a Porsche dealer for a bill of health. HAVE THEM REMOVE THE FRONT PAN AND LOOK FOR OIL LEAKS!!! Remember, it's $9,000 to pull the engine...
-If possible, see if you can get a full list of all maintenance/repairs through a Porsche dealership. Here in Texas they'll do that. I'm not sure about CA.
-WARRANTY! If you have Geico, I recommend the MBI. There's also a lot of people here that recommend Fidelity.

Do your homework up front. Don't be surprised. Porsche repairs and maintenance are very expensive. Best of luck.
FLDavid likes this.

///BRUCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous rides: 09 BMW 650 coupe, 09 MB ML63 AMG, GT500KR manual, GT500 manual, 01 BMW M3C manual, 03.5 BMW M3C manual, 05 BMW M3C manual, 13 C63 AMG, '70 Jag XKE coupe manual, '62 MGB manual, '70 Ford Mach I w Cleveland V8 manual
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:14 PM

shipping is more like $1,000... cross country

might be less for shorter.... all sorts of success - no problems shipping