User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Default WTB: AWE or any aftermarket exhuast

Like the title says, im looking to get a used exhaust. The new prices on these things are downright outrageous so im looking to save a little bit of money.

Mainly looking for an AWE touring system but im willing to look at all setups for a 3.6L turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Bought a 2015 Macan S 47k miles and was also looking an exhaust. Downright expensive. A local shop here in NY builds custom exhaust for BMW's, Porsche, Ferrari's etc. Impressive work. I went for a quote and it was only $1,250. Their work is incredible. Definitely going that route in a couple months.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bought a 2015 Macan S 47k miles and was also looking an exhaust. Downright expensive. A local shop here in NY builds custom exhaust for BMW's, Porsche, Ferrari's etc. Impressive work. I went for a quote and it was only $1,250. Their work is incredible. Definitely going that route in a couple months.
Where in NY?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

****, you're lucky you have a shop in the area that can build you something like that. I got a quote today for 700. Doing a custom x-pipe and muffler deletes. Placing the x-pipe exactly where the AWE places their x-pipe and using the same design. Hopefully doing this, keeps the sound around the same as an AWE.

You should definitely post videos in this thread when done!!

@[email protected]
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroyalty7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Where in NY?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by canasion35 View Post
****, you're lucky you have a shop in the area that can build you something like that. I got a quote today for 700. Doing a custom x-pipe and muffler deletes. Placing the x-pipe exactly where the AWE places their x-pipe and using the same design. Hopefully doing this, keeps the sound around the same as an AWE.

You should definitely post videos in this thread when done!!

@[email protected]
They're in Lindenhurst, Long Island. I won't post the name due to forum rules unless allowed but I will definitely post videos after its done!
Jroyalty7 likes this.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Like the title says, im looking to get a used exhaust. The new prices on these things are downright outrageous so im looking to save a little bit of money.

Mainly looking for an AWE touring system but im willing to look at all setups for a 3.6L turbo.
Looking to spend no more than $1,000 shipped. I wont be paying more than 1,000 for a used exhaust system that's covered in rust and dented all up. I've had 2 separate guys asking more than that with super beat systems covered in rust and dented all up.

I know these hold some value, but we have to be realistic.

Macan Turbo
93 Cobb Tune
AWE Touring Exhaust
Flat6 Intakes
Lowering Links
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Quote:
Looking to spend no more than $1,000 shipped. I wont be paying more than 1,000 for a used exhaust system that's covered in rust and dented all up. I've had 2 separate guys asking more than that with super beat systems covered in rust and dented all up.

I know these hold some value, but we have to be realistic.

I think for 1k your going to get junk. I spent 1k doing a custom borla with full stainless. Droned like crazy and sounded like ****. Spent 4K on a valvetronic iPE - best money ever spent. Pops and burbles like crazy.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmacan View Post
I think for 1k your going to get junk. I spent 1k doing a custom borla with full stainless. Droned like crazy and sounded like ****. Spent 4K on a valvetronic iPE - best money ever spent. Pops and burbles like crazy.
I can get a full system done for $700 w an X-pipe and two mufflers. But id rather not hack up the stock exhaust do do so.

However, I dont see why a straight pipe exhaust costs over $2,000 new and people still asking $1,200 plus for a beat to heck straight pipe system..All it is, is bent tubing. Coming from the LS7 world, you can get stainless longtube headers, full stainless valved exhaust and a nice cam for $4,000. I figured the porsche tax would be a lot, but this is insane lol.

Macan Turbo
93 Cobb Tune
AWE Touring Exhaust
Flat6 Intakes
Lowering Links
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Quote:
I can get a full system done for $700 w an X-pipe and two mufflers. But id rather not hack up the stock exhaust do do so.

However, I dont see why a straight pipe exhaust costs over $2,000 new and people still asking $1,200 plus for a beat to heck straight pipe system..All it is, is bent tubing. Coming from the LS7 world, you can get stainless longtube headers, full stainless valved exhaust and a nice cam for $4,000. I figured the porsche tax would be a lot, but this is insane lol.

Tons of ls7ís out there to buy one and develop the system. Porscheís cost more to buy and develop an exhaust for and only to sell a few of them. Also the Porscheís drone real bad unless something is done about it. I believe AWE exhaust still drones but less since they used thicker wall tubing. And the quality is a huge difference. Fully tig welded. But yea I would not pay 1200 for a dented rusted system. I would just pay the 2k. I was in a similar situation and someone wanted 3k for a damaged iPE exhaust. I thought about it and for extra 1k I got a brand new system - looks amazing so glad I did that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)

No drone with my AWE Touring system.