Porsche Macan Forum banner

FS: AWE Tuning Exhaust Touring Edition for Macan S / GTS / Turbo

8K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  BobVuMD 
#1 ·
AWE Tuning Exhaust Touring Edition with Black Diamond Tips for Macan S / GTS / Turbo

I had it installed for about a week, less than 300 miles. Love it, the look, the sound of it... So much fun 0:)
But my prego wifey kept nagging about the sound. Told her it was the new Super Sport Mode that Porsche installed for free >:D lol, I wish >:D
Then she notice the different tips (probably it was a bit sticking out) :crying::crying::crying:

Asking $1800 prefer local pick up in So Cal - Orange County - Huntington Beach area

Some pictures

stock removed

installed

Removed after a week

Sticker still not burnt in

See less See more
#6 ·
To be honest, it wasn't that loud. Cold start was freaking awesome. Thunder. But after that, alot quiet down. You can barely hear the exhaust when cruising 70 75 MPH on the freeway. But when you floor it, oh my, that tiger comes to life.

Hey

holy crap. my wife told me if i get a sport exhaust, it would cost me twice as much because i'd have to go back to the dealer and uninstall it. i hope she never reads this post.

anyway -- is this exhaust ON all the time regardless of what button you push ? i thought it would be 'off' or quiet in regular mode, but opens up when pushing the Sport or Sport plus option.

really - it was that loud that it affected your wife? how about neighbors? if i get it will everyone on my block be aggravated?
I don't have Sport Plus, but Sport Mode was a little louder. And yes, my prego wife was annoyed by that. Neighbors were cool about it; old man next door with a fixed up Mustang loved it, lol

#3 ·
Hey

holy crap. my wife told me if i get a sport exhaust, it would cost me twice as much because i'd have to go back to the dealer and uninstall it. i hope she never reads this post.

anyway -- is this exhaust ON all the time regardless of what button you push ? i thought it would be 'off' or quiet in regular mode, but opens up when pushing the Sport or Sport plus option.

really - it was that loud that it affected your wife? how about neighbors? if i get it will everyone on my block be aggravated?

#5 ·
There are multiple threads about the AWE touring exhaust on the forum, just do a bit of digging.

AWE is always on, there is no button. PSE and other exhausts do have a valve but you pay upwards of 2x more for those. PSE as aftermarket comes with a ~1700$ install cost for a total shy of 5K$. AWE cost me 100$ to install on top of the ~2200$ price tag.

#7 ·
Don't forget the AWE also adds significant hp unlike any of the other exhausts I carefully researched. Ended up with a Remus that is more aggressive with the sport button depressed. Want to be a good neighbour.

Reactions: BobVuMD
#9 ·
I just bought the replacement mufflers (which need cutting of the stock pipe). I will install it. Looks like about 15 minutes start to finish based on my previous installs on other cars I've owned. I have a lift in my garage, so it makes life a lot easier. Bought it from Flat 6 Motorsports, one of the site sponsors. Pricing is on their web site.

Reactions: notmac1 and BobVuMD
#12 ·
Yes - you just plug them into the wiring that already exists on the factory exhaust. The standard exhaust only has one valve. Remus & factory PSE have valves on two of the four pipes. Fairly docile in normal mode and much louder in sport mode. No complaints from my wife in the 18 months I've had it other than rolling her eyes at the cold start sound.

Reactions: BobVuMD
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.