User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default Excited for my 2019 base Macan order

Hello to all forum members. I am excited to announce that I have placed an order for a 2019 Macan base version for my wife. I got a healthy discount and it is expected to be delivered in 4 months. I wanted to buy a used Macan for under 50K with low mileage but trying to find a base car without Pano roof and with 18-way seats is almost close to looking for a needle in the haystack.

Wanted to keep the build to under 60,000 and we finished up with $59,910 (phew). Here it is:

1. No cost options : White color, standard interior in agate grey, 18 inch wheels and smoker's package.
2. Package: Premium package (PDLS, auto dimming mirror, heated seats F/R, Bose audio, apple car play).
3. Cost options: Thermal and noise insulated glass, park assist with surround view, LCA and LKA and 18 way seats.

I felt that PDLS and Bose audio was not an absolute must but heated seats F/R, auto-dimming mirrors and apple car play itself added the price close to the package. We also went with safety features (LKA, LCA and park assist w/surround view) over PASM as eventually our kids would be using the vehicle in a few years.

I would like to know if adding the smokers package ( we dont smoke) would delete the 12 V plug in outlets ?

Please let me know if I have overlooked anything else in my order.

Last edited by early11fan; 05-11-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)

Nice build!

Do you really need thermal glass? I would highly recommend PASM.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)

Every winter I deeply appreciate the heated steering wheel, at least as much as heated seats. It’s relatively inexpensive too. And we like the white/Agate combination. Hopefully you will too. If I were doing it over, I’d probably get surround view too. Congratulations!

‘17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
‘17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwu View Post
Nice build!

Do you really need thermal glass? I would highly recommend PASM.
I don’t notice much interior heat pickup in summer, maybe due to the white color? Maybe it depends on where you live? But heated seats and thermal glass seem like an odd combination unless the glass is to keep heat inside in cold climates. These cars are incredibly quiet places, even with stock glass.

‘17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
‘17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by early11fan View Post
I would like to know if adding the smokers package ( we dont smoke) would delete the 12 V plug in outlets ?
On the pre 2019 it does not delete the 12V plug.

Something to consider, however, is I believe the smokers package loses the USB connectors in exchange for the 12V plug for the rear if that matters to you. Other's can correct if I'm wrong.

I have just added the smoker retrofit to the front to get the cover and still retain the USB ports for the rear, which to me is the perfect combination.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post

Something to consider, however, is I believe the smokers package loses the USB connectors in exchange for the 12V plug for the rear if that matters to you. Other's can correct if I'm wrong.

I have smokers package and (2) USB ports for back seat area. MY 2017.

2017 Porsche Macan Base
2012 VW Touareg TDI Exec
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Great build ! It's a bit annoying that Porsche don't give enough information about certain options like the noise insulated glass. A db reduction figure compared to normal would be helpful !

Consider PASM if really sporty cornering will be required.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Appreciate the feedback so far. Yes heated steering wheel is tempting

I live in Seattle so hot weather is only for a month. Have owned E class Mercs in the past with double paned windows and love em. In conjunction with lack of pano roof, I felt the highway hum would be cut to a bare minimum hence I clicked on that option. Hi-Toro .. Now I'm thinking PASM or the noise insulation but vehicle will see very little driving in twisties. My theory is that most people cant gauge if it is effective or not as they all have pano roofs which negates some of the benefits of sound insulation. Build has to be under 60K as per my boss at home

On a side note the sales advisor asked me if I wanted a 2019 or a 2020. I asked him whats the difference. He said its the same vehicle but the MSRP would be $1000 more for the 2020 !! Instantly I said no thanks I will take the 2019. Every dollar counts as I am after a sub-60K build.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 249 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by early11fan View Post
Appreciate the feedback so far. Yes heated steering wheel is tempting

I live in Seattle so hot weather is only for a month. Have owned E class Mercs in the past with double paned windows and love em. In conjunction with lack of pano roof, I felt the highway hum would be cut to a bare minimum hence I clicked on that option. Hi-Toro .. Now I'm thinking PASM or the noise insulation but vehicle will see very little driving in twisties. My theory is that most people cant gauge if it is effective or not as they all have pano roofs which negates some of the benefits of sound insulation. Build has to be under 60K as per my boss at home

On a side note the sales advisor asked me if I wanted a 2019 or a 2020. I asked him whats the difference. He said its the same vehicle but the MSRP would be $1000 more for the 2020 !! Instantly I said no thanks I will take the 2019. Every dollar counts as I am after a sub-60K build.
Get the heated wheel. I live across the lake from Seattle and use that heated wheel all the time. It is addictive.
Thunder likes this.

2018 Macan S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincher View Post
I have smokers package and (2) USB ports for back seat area. MY 2017.
Good to hear. Googling "Macan Smokers Package" shows some pictures of a 12V socket in the rear and sometimes an actual ashtray as well. Maybe different options for different countries?