User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default Looking to purchase used macan need some advice

what would you pay for 2015 turbo loaded with 36.879 miles?

Last edited by LASOLASGIRL; 01-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)

Would need to know the condition, do you have a link to pictures, etc?
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 690 Post(s)
Quoted: 3415 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASOLASGIRL View Post
what would you pay for 2015 turbo loaded with 36.879 miles?
Sapphire ?

If so they wont wiggle much but the used cars are impeccable . I would press to break 50 and close at 52,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrralis1 View Post
Sapphire ?

If so they wont wiggle much but the used cars are impeccable . I would press to break 50 and close at 52,
Silver with red interior
Do you think the mileage is high for 50K, and would you buy a Macan that old CPO for my everyday car?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

My other question is..

is it worth it to buy 2015 @ 50k that's CPO for everyday car?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASOLASGIRL View Post
Silver with red interior
Do you think the mileage is high for 50K, and would you buy a Macan that old CPO for my everyday car?
Originally I thought you were looking at this car based on miles , in the light of you not mentioning color https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

I now realize you are looking at this . https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

My thoughts .. Here we have neatly two identical mile cars . The one you are looking at appears to have been well cared for , serviced at the same dealership , and apparently was traded in for a Land Rover . It did not go to auction which is a good thing .

The issue comes down to the cars age , miles , and warranty . The added cost at the asking price of the CPO car incorporates comprehensive coverage . With your car a major repair would be out of pocket . It's probably the reason the owner traded it in . Most do worry about a big out of warranty expense .

The other issue for both are the miles . Once any car crosses 50K miles it takes a huge depreciation hit . If you drive either of them beyond 50K it will become harder to sell . After 50K miles lenders are hesitant to loan as well for the next buyer. The high mile car buyer of an old Porsche is often chasing his dream car so when you go to sell it the next buyer might have an issue . They worry he might not be able to pay the loan and fix an older broken Porsche . It happens all the time .

I personally like CPO and even prefer a newer , higher priced entrance into the Turbo . One can pay 60K now with a safety net of the newer low mile car or pay 50K with some future risk. In your case we are looking at the 40's for a very nice car but with a bit of risk.

Tires are 1500. Brakes are 2K . A CPO guarantees it was sold at certified spec . It also gives a free Porsche loaner car and a dealership backing it up.

I like the car you are looking at ... but i worry about the potential of a future repair cost.

Just Fyi - Here is what certified warranty gives you . (scroll down to see the program). https://www.thecollectionporschemiam.../certified.htm
SoCalS5 likes this.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Just for reference.

In CarGurus they have a 2016 Turbo with 20,145 miles one owner, 89k msrp, in pompano Beach Fl if that's your area. $58,900 but I'd bet they will deal.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Jeweler View Post
Just for reference.

In CarGurus they have a 2016 Turbo with 20,145 miles one owner, 89k msrp, in pompano Beach Fl if that's your area. $58,900 but I'd bet they will deal.
It's almost 10K more and also a non CPO . I actually like the silver car she's looking at . I just worry if something expensive brakes . I also wonder if the brakes were replaced and would check the tires(expensive routine items which in a CPO have to be up to spec).

Ideally , in terms of well kept used Macan Turbos at higher prices I think of the car @mbr just traded in (for a 911) which is on its way right now on a truck to New Jersey (from Florida) . They'll probably send it right back like they did with his 911 . It's an 2018 car , under 10K miles , and likely impeccable . It's not silver , its agate gray but with red black interior . Price climbs though .
mbr and SoCalS5 like this.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the good info!

I found another one 2016 turbo asking 58,900 with 20,000 miles, tons of upgrades very clean just NO pano roof??
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Perform a search on “Coral Gables Hurricane Michael” and look at pics... Still want to buy it?

///BRUCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous rides: 09 BMW 650 coupe, 09 MB ML63 AMG, GT500KR manual, GT500 manual, 01 BMW M3C manual, 03.5 BMW M3C manual, 05 BMW M3C manual, 13 C63 AMG, '70 Jag XKE coupe manual, '62 MGB manual, '70 Ford Mach I w Cleveland V8 manual