What's a fair price for a 2 year service? - Page 5 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I just received a quote for a 2 year service at Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas which is the only dealership and was quoted $895 plus tax. Includes oil change, pollen filter, wiper blades, washer fluid, battery for the key, brake flush, and chemical cleaning of throttle and injectors.
syclone likes this.

2017 Macan GTS Volcano Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)

@lippy do you offer such services locally?

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi all,

I have a 2017 Porsche Macan GTS I purchased in March of 2017. A number of questions, any input appreciated:

(1) Is it a lot of miles that I have 24,000 miles in 18 months? I love driving the darn puppy.

(2) I had my 20,000-mile service done at 15,000 miles, which of course included oil-change. Now I am at 24,000 and soon will be time for oil change since I'll be at the 25,000 mark and 10,000 miles since the last one. The dealer suggested we just go ahead and do the 30,000-mile service which includes oil change. Dealer fee $1,800.

(3) After I picked myself up from the floor, the dealer said they would take care of me (last time they said that they took off about $600 from the bill, so probably looking at $1,200?). Question: what is a reasonable fee for the 30,000-mile service out there? $1,800 or even $1,200 just seemed high, holy cow. It may hurt more because I just paid $3,200 Virginia Car Tax (Fairfax County, VA) so just the cost of owning the darn thing is hitting $5k this year which is a nice cruise somewhere. When I bought the GTS I had no idea I'd be spending $1,000 a year or $2,000 a year, servicing it!

(4) Thoughts on dealer servicing for life, vs finding a shop. Anyone heard of Autobahn Service in Fairfax, VA?

(5) Oil Change every 10k miles or 5k miles? The dealer tells me I am crazy to change the oil every 5k. They say they are happy to do it but they say it'll be a waste of my money. Forum folks' thoughts on this?

(6) Can a GTS make it 300,000 miles? I am determined to hold onto this puppy until it croaks and has no more life in it, if anything, just to stick it to the Car Tax Gods of VA. I want to be driving a Porsche GTS that is depreciated so much, the annual car tax on it will be nominal after the 5-6 year depreciation. I tend to drive my cars until they die. This VA car tax definitely was an ouch moment. Plus, my GTS was loaded, I honestly don't see how safer cars can get (I'll never sign up for the auto drive cars. So unless some new metal is invented that makes cars crash proof, I like to hold onto my cars).

(7) Off-topic but... What's with the turbo-lag? I feel the darn thing has slower pick up for that one second it bucks down for the turbo to hit and then bam, it takes off like a rocket. But in that 1 second, it just feels like I get hung up.

(8) Off-topic 2 but... The PDK in "Comfort Mode" seems to run it at 2-3 gears higher than what it ought to be for when I want to accelerate on the highway pressing the pedal to the metal. I have been a stick shift driver my entire life so it may just be that I am searching for that stick to downshift which mentally I do before I kick in the pedal. In the auto transmission, it seems the pedal is what instigates the downshift whereas with a manual, I do downshift a split second first before pedal to the medal. I guess I should practice around with the paddles a bit and just get used to the paddles. But does anyone miss a stick shift vs paddles?

That's it! I love my dealer, love the guys that help me there, and generally want to stick with the dealer. But man, at $1,200 to $1,500 a pop, it's starting to kill me on top of the car tax.

Thanks for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1828.jpg (182.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2444.jpg (190.1 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
A good indy shop is hard to find.
Where in NJ are you? That's not my experience at all, but perhaps it varies by locale.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Just another price reference - In Seattle metro (2017 GTS)

Re-post from separate thread but...

20k/2yr service -
-Windshield Washer Fluid
-Brake Fluid Exchange + Fluid
-Oil Change + Oil and Filter
-Particle Filter
-Sealing Ring x2
-Cabin Air filter replaced
-Go through Checklist (tires, brakes etc.)

Total = $982.74 (of which labor was ~$644)
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:25 PM

...And should add that my GTS had/has ~18k miles on it at the time of the service (< 2 wks ago)
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimB View Post
...And should add that my GTS had/has ~18k miles on it at the time of the service (< 2 wks ago)
Which dealer did the service?
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)

@Shark I'm in Mt. Laurel. I'm sure there are some decent foreign service repair Indy shops here but Porsche of the Main Line has been excellent and I still have 2 more pre paid maintenence services left.After that I guess I definitely will be a member of the pay to play club.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwahl View Post
Which dealer did the service?
Porsche Bellevue
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)