User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Default Backup camera not turning on after repairs

So we had to bring my wifeís Macan in for some body work recently. Indy shop did a fantastic job, but when my wife went to pick the car up, she was in a rush to pick up the kids and noticed the backup camera didnít turn on when she went into reverse. They had to fix the lift gate and rear bumper, among some other things. The techs came and looked at it, thinking maybe it was a menu setting, but no luck. When you go into R, the sensors turn on, and a picture of the car shows up, but no video. They told her if we couldnít get it working to bring it back and they would look into it.

Before I do that, just wanted to check here in case I missed something. I donít see in the manual that itís a menu setting, so my assumption is a plug or wire simply didnít get connected/connected properly when the bumper was re-installed. Any thoughts otherwise?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 F80 Tanzanite Blue/Silverstone II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)

Been there although I did have a camera image. Make certain its secure (clipped in place) not just pushed into its mounting hole. Once you get an image and it is secure you have to have Porsche calibrate it ($$$.)

2015 Macan Turbo.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
Been there although I did have a camera image. Make certain its secure (clipped in place) not just pushed into its mounting hole. Once you get an image and it is secure you have to have Porsche calibrate it ($$$.)
Good call. Iíll go have a look at it and give that a shot. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage

No dice. It actually did click in just a little, but not like a satisfying click or anything. Not like it’s loose though. Camera itself and housing don’t move. Guess it’s back to the shop!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:15 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunty Brown View Post
So we had to bring my wifeís Macan in for some body work recently. Indy shop did a fantastic job, but...
Apparently not a fantastic job if they broke your camera!

They need to accept responsibility & either fix it or pay for Porsche to fix it, IMO.

They may claim they did not damage/break it, it is just a coincidence. I hope not.

Let us know. Especially about any recalibration.

2016 Macan Turbo | Sapphire Blue Metallic | agate grey middle leather pkg| 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | F&R SS skid plates | premium pkg plus| 18-way seats | A.S. wi PASM | PTV Plus| 3-zone | dark walnut | NO smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | wheel centers wi full color Porsche Logo |nano tinted windows |PPF
2019 Carrera 2S
2000 Jaguar XJ8
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Apparently not a fantastic job if they broke your camera!

They need to accept responsibility & either fix it or pay for Porsche to fix it, IMO.

They may claim they did not damage/break it, it is just a coincidence. I hope not.

Let us know. Especially about any recalibration.
They were actually good about it, and offered to fix it right then and there, but again, wife was in a hurry. They said no problem, and if it doesnít start working, to bring it back and they will fix it, no questions asked. Hopefully no out-of-pocket expense for the re-calibration.