39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default New Owner / Sales Experience

Folks,
I am a new to the Porsche family, my very first Porsche vehicle is a 2019 Macan S which I just picked up this past Saturday.

History:
It was during my middle-school years that I saw my friend's uncles 928 - it was love at first sight with the Porsche brand. Whenever we got together and if the car was parked outside, I would pause a few moments to admire its beautiful lines - sure it wasn't a 911 but nevertheless I was completely awestruck by its grandeur pearl white silouhette and tan interior. I love how life has come a full circle.

2019 Macan S:
Here's my build - as you can see it's not heavily optioned, I went with what made sense to me.

- Exterior Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Interior Color: Standard Interior in Black
- Packages: Premium Package Plus (Porsche Entry & Drive, Panoramic Roof System, LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+), Auto-Dimming Mirrors, Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package, Seat Heating (Front and Rear), Seat Ventilation (Front), BOSE Surround Sound System, Apple CarPlay incl. Siri)
- Performance: 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Wheels: 19" Macan Design Wheels
- Wheel Accessories: Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
- Comfort and Assistance Systems: Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Interior: Sunblind for Rear Side Windows, Smoking Package, Cargo Management System

I was considering the following: Ionizer, Park-assist with Surround View, ACC - however it wasn't a must have while keeping $ down. As much as the smoking package gives the console a nice clean look - if I were to do it again, I would exclude it as I would be able to fit my iphone in there diagonally and/or a place to keep the keys.

Sales Experience:
I live in Dallas, TX and through this forum I received a referral from @CarGuy07 : Chad Pierce at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. Since Day 1, Chad has been phenomenal to deal with - highly knowledgeable, transparent, respectful, professional and proactive. No matter how many questions I had, Chad addressed each one of them with promptness. He is genuine, sincere and it's quite evident that he truly values and cares for his clients. He provided me with a great discount and after a couple of conversations, I finalized my build and placed the order on April 2nd with the vehicle ETA of June end.

On Friday June 7, the vehicle was delivered to the dealership and I flew to Atlanta on Saturday to take delivery. Unfortunately, I had a 7 hour flight delay however Chad was quite accommodating which resulted in a very smooth delivery process. He educated me on every feature of the vehicle and conducted a detailed walked through of all the vehicle settings so we could configure it to suit my needs before I left. He even stayed well beyond the dealership business hours to make sure I didn't leave until I was 100% satisfied. During my late night drive back to Dallas, he even reached out a couple of times to ensure I was safe!

Brian Westbrook was my finance manager - another extremely helpful associate who handled my paperwork with ease - adding to the positive experience!

Thanks to Chad and his team at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter, my very first Porsche buying experience has been a fantastic one. Hands-down, Chad is the best sales person I've ever dealt and from here on my go-to person for any future purchases.

MacanForum Experience:
Lastly, I want to thank the CarGuy07 and all the forum members here for your insights and advice! I've learned so much through these forum posts!

Best wishes,
Nish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3070.jpg (228.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3071.jpg (200.3 KB, 45 views)
TripleL, yrralis1, Shark and 18 others like this.

2019 Porsche Macan S (June 2019)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trails Team Ultimate Edition - Manual Transmission (sold)
2008 Yamaha V-Star (sold)
2005 Harley Davidson Roadster XL1200R (sold)
2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 (sold)
1976 Raleigh Tourister English 3-speed (for sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)

Congratulations on your first Porsche Nish!!! Looks fantastic!

If you haven’t already, consider ceramic coating. It’s about $1K and will protect your paint against swirls and environmental damages. Just got it done on mine and wish I had done it right when I got the car a year ago.
nishs likes this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy07 View Post

If you haven’t already, consider ceramic coating. It’s about $1K and will protect your paint against swirls and environmental damages. Just got it done on mine and wish I had done it right when I got the car a year ago.
Thank you much sir!

What brand of ceramic coating and what areas of the vehicle?

How about STEK?

I was considering wrapping the front hood, front/side bumpers and the fender areas behind the front and rear wheels.

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trails Team Ultimate Edition - Manual Transmission (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishs View Post
Quote:

Thank you much sir!

How about STEK?

I was considering wrapping the front hood, front/side bumpers and the fender areas behind the front and rear wheels.
Lots of folks here like the Xpel wrap. It was too expensive for the entire car (something like $5K) so I passed on it. I had Ceramic Pro on the car done on the entire car last week. I think that’s the brand. The local detailing place had 20% deal so it was $850 total for all exterior surfaces including paint, windows, and wheels. Went with Silver package which offered 5 years warranty (could go with 10 or lifetime depending on which package you choose).

Your idea sounds good too. Protect the main areas.
nishs likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishs View Post
Thank you much sir!

How about STEK?

You're in Dallas, cowboy. The roads... If possible, ceramic first, then the XPel over it. Looks good, btw.
nishs likes this.

///BRUCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

https://www.stek-usa.com/dynoshield

Thoughts?

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Quote:

If you havenít already, consider ceramic coating. Itís about $1K and will protect your paint against swirls and environmental damages. Just got it done on mine and wish I had done it right when I got the car a year ago.
@nishs , I also got CeramicPro coating (on my new Carmine Red GTS last October). And I think itís worth the cost. I only take my car to a touchless laser car wash (no brushes, no touches) and I find it sloughs off the dirt very easily and looks really beautiful.

Congratulations on your new Porsche! I wish you many happy twisty, turns roads.
nishs likes this.

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants. (Chuckles the Clown)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)

I like PPF, have Suntek PPF (5 yr. warranty) on my MY2016 & still looks fabulous 3 Ĺ years later. Virtually invisible.

For my 911, I stuck with Suntek & by then (January 2019) They had a newer, better Ultra PPF with a 10 yr. Warranty.

It looks great!

Can wax or use Sealant over the PPF. I do.

Does PPF protect?

nishs likes this.

2016 Macan Turbo | Sapphire Blue Metallic | agate grey middle leather pkg| 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | F&R SS skid plates | premium pkg plus| 18-way seats | A.S. wi PASM | PTV Plus| 3-zone | dark walnut | NO smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | wheel centers wi full color Porsche Logo |nano tinted windows |PPF
2019 Carrera 2S
2000 Jaguar XJ8
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Garage

Looking good and congrats on your new Macan!
nishs likes this.

2015 Macan S Daily smiles since 5/16/2014
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Congrats and welcome to the family, do you know how many people pay for options they don't use? You got to configure it exactly the way you want, kudos for having the patience to wait it out. Looks great and good color choice, would like to see more pics especially the interior when you have time
nishs likes this.

2017 Sapphire Blue Macan GTS