• 1 Post By 993Billw

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unhappy Macan 4-point LED light

Hey Guys,

Quick question - Recently I gave my 2018 Macan for servicing. Since then my macan's 4-point led light does not work when I unlock the door. I am very sure it used work before - when I unlocked the door led lights used to turn on.

Am I just imagining or something is wrong now.

Any advice.

Thanks,
Murali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

They definitely do come on during unlock and/or opening the door after sitting unlocked.

There is a timer setting in the PCM for this (steering wheel and cluster gauge). Maybe they turned it down to 0 seconds or something? I put mine to 60 seconds. I believe it's called something obvious like Exterior Light Timer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murali Bala View Post
.....I am very sure it used work before - when I unlocked the door led lights used to turn on......
Hello and welcome to the group!

Any chance the dealership turned the headlight switch to "Off" instead of leaving it in "Auto"?

2015 Turbo / White / 20Ē Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

It could also mean that the cars Auto Switch for the lamps may have beeb left on on instead of auto
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)

I usually turn my switch to off when parked.I turn it to auto when driving. Having the headlights turn on prior to starting probably isn't doing your battery any favors. I do the same thing on my Wife's Lexus. That battery lasted nearly eight years.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
I usually turn my switch to off when parked.I turn it to auto when driving. Having the headlights turn on prior to starting probably isn't doing your battery any favors. I do the same thing on my Wife's Lexus. That battery lasted nearly eight years.
My recently replaced Cayenne was 9 years old and did 200,000klms and sold with original battery still going strong. It has been left in auto mode the whole time so I donít think you have anything to worry about
Jshore likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
I leave my light switch off and operate it manually when I need them but I believe all modern cars switch off the electrics when the starter is engaged for the very purpose of diverting battery amps to the starter. This includes the A/C and radio. Of course I still turn the A/C off before shutting the car off to make sure it's not on when I start it (yeah, I know....).
Jshore likes this.

Bill

'18 Macan GTS (Sapphire Blue)
'08 911 S
'16 Cayman S (now gone)
'15 Macan S - Sapphire Blue / Agate Gray (sold)
'97 993 - Arena Red / Black (sold)
Several other past Porsches