QC? And the Macan is falling apart - Page 5 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)

No, it is about a vacuum leak that causes no turbo boost. Nothing about brake squeal.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwu View Post
My 2015 Macan S as a data point: currently at 3 years and 4 months w/ 30k miles.

1. Turbo boost leak - fixed under warranty (cost unknown but dealer said it was not cheap)
What were the symptoms you noticed?
Do you have a thread on this issue?
I believe this is the thread that @jzwu was referring to regarding vacuum leaks leading to a loss of engine boost.

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/eng...ne-output.html
jzwu likes this.

2015 Turbo / White / 20Ē Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I joined because I was fishing for insight on tire wear/tire warranties etc.. I havenít had any issues with my 2016 (fingers crossed). I have noticed two things: (1) Forum users are very helpful. (2) It isnít only women who have been scammed by service departments or dealers, or sold a bill of goods via extended warranties. I grew up around 911s and the revered brand but am mildly surprised with the mishaps and breakdowns that many have experienced. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieH View Post
. . .I havenít had any issues with my 2016 (fingers crossed). . .
Hey, GracieH -- welcome to the forum. Post a couple of photos of your Macan when you get an opportunity
I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us . . . and, in the meantime, have fun!

2017 Macan Volcano Gray Metallic w/nav, panoramic roof &c
2014 Cayman S (6M) triple black
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieH View Post
I joined because I was fishing for insight on tire wear/tire warranties etc.. I haven’t had any issues with my 2016 (fingers crossed). I have noticed two things: (1) Forum users are very helpful. (2) It isn’t only women who have been scammed by service departments or dealers, or sold a bill of goods via extended warranties. I grew up around 911s and the revered brand but am mildly surprised with the mishaps and breakdowns that many have experienced. Good luck.
Keep in mind that Porsche sells 3 Macans for every 911. In addition, those Macans probably see many more miles per year than the average 911. Around here I see at least 10 Macans on the road for every 911 sighting. So even if quality is comparable, one would expect to hear maybe 10 times as many anecdotal accounts of problems. And in general, most forums tend to attract problem posts rather than “all is well”.

Just for fun, go look at the Lexus RX350 forum. There are loads of problems and troubled owners there! There are loads of them on the road.
Jshore and jzwu like this.

Ď17 Macan, Carrara White with Agate
Ď17 Cayenne S, White with Black/Luxor Beige
'20 Specialized Roubaix Pro (2)

Last edited by Dkayak; 07-27-2018 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added paragraph
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)

@Dkayak has a good point. I'm seeing Macans everywhere lately. Like my S, I'm sure nearly all Macans are used as daily drivers and as crossover utility vehicles. I just took home a 65 gallon glass aquarium and the wood cabinet in my Macan. Try that in a 911. Don't think so.
My neighbors new Lexus RX-350 has some problems. With all the tech put into new vehicles it's unfortunate but inevitable that some develop problems.
I hope all on here with problems with their pdk transmissions get a good fix from Porsche.
My S (fingers crossed) has exceeded my expectations for my first Porsche.
macanmark likes this.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Dealers cant handle repairing 2017 Turbo
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Can you elaborate?
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

When I first posted about the problems with my 2017 Turbo in Dec 2016 just after I bought it, I was accused of being a troll ....well here we are 18 months, dozens of trips and calls later ....dealers try to fix one thing and then break another. After many trips and much disbelief in my complaints Rusnak Westlake managed to finally replace the defective PCM module - that was worthless as car continued to report itself stolen for 12+ months til it was finally repaired just weeks ago but there has been a horrible dash rattle since PCM replacement.

Porsche Woodland Hills has had car twice and hasnt fixed the worsening rattles. Now driver door/window rattling too! Cant even drive it during Santa Ana winds because air is blowing thru all vents so loud you can barely hear radio even at full volume. Cant manage to ever get a loaner - just love being whisked home from dealership at 90mph in an ancient Nissan Uber!!!!

I was so disgusted at the inability to solve the gremlin problems and the miserable driving experience that TWICE I asked the sales manager at Woodland Hills to do a trade in, let me pay cash difference and get me another car. He did NOTHING. Apparently my turbo is such a problem vehicle he didnt want the Macan as a trade in or to find me a new Porsche....

So I bought a gorgeous Maserati since Porsche doesnt value women, take us seriously (even with video evidence), and made it abundantly clear they dont give a **** about my business. Malign Maserati as you will, SQ4 handles beautifully, is quiet and the dealership experiences have been A++++

Ironically everything bad said about Maserati has been true of the Macan - I just see an old Gremlin when I look at it cause that is what it sounds like when I drive it!!!!
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 971 Post(s)
Quoted: 2974 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
@Dkayak has a good point. I'm seeing Macans everywhere lately. Like my S, I'm sure nearly all Macans are used as daily drivers and as crossover utility vehicles. I just took home a 65 gallon glass aquarium and the wood cabinet in my Macan. Try that in a 911. Don't think so.
My neighbors new Lexus RX-350 has some problems. With all the tech put into new vehicles it's unfortunate but inevitable that some develop problems.
I hope all on here with problems with their pdk transmissions get a good fix from Porsche.
My S (fingers crossed) has exceeded my expectations for my first Porsche.
Salt water? Fresh? Terrarium? Pics or didn't happen, pal.