Porsche Macan Forum banner

Change my salesman after I signed contract and gave deposit

6K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  believewsw 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I booked my 2019 Macan at a Toronto dealership and I'm quite not satisfied with my current salesman. I have signed the contract and gave them a "non-refundable" deposit, am I still able to get another one into business?

#9 ·
Just wondering why did you pay deposit if you were not satisfied with the sales person?
What is the status of your order and your expected delivery date?
And how much did they ask you in Oakville that you refused and decided to take your business an hour drive away?
Was there a significant discount to go that far?

#12 ·
Car has been built and waiting for EPA. Previously the test drive experience and booking experience was not too good but I can't expect the follow-up process is that bad. Since I'm about to finish school and expected to work in Toronto, I decided to go to the one close to the place I stayed in Toronto.

#11 ·
Not really understanding the reason to change at this point. Have you ordered the car? If yes, most of the interaction with the salesman has being done already. From now on all the might need to do is to provide you an update of when the car gets into production, gets into the ship and arrives in the US. Then he will tell you when the car is ready for pick up and that is about it. Thus, unless you don't want him to get his commission not sure what good this decision will do for you. I interacted a lot with my SA until I put own the deposit and ordered the car. After that was not much at all.

#15 ·
Like other have said, now it really doesn't matter who your sales person is, just wait for your car and then you'll take it to whatever dealership you want for maintenance.

If you really want to get your sales person schooled a bit - wait for Porsche and the dealership asking for your feedback, that's when you can pay back for everything.

#26 ·
I've purchased five cars for myself before and still cancelled on my first salesman/dealership because I wasn't happy after placing my deposit. Actually, the salesman cancelled on me after no replies as he either quit or was fired and I got a full refund. So don't feel too bad. If your issue is with this one particular salesman, then call/email the lead sales manager and tell him/her your issue. They will take care of you themselves the rest of the way through or reassign to another sales person to split the commission. If the first salesman gets fired or quits before car delivers, they won't get any of the commission.

On my actual purchase, I did everything over email with my new salesman and we never met until the car was delivered. Unfortunately, once you've placed your deposit, you likely won't get any negotiation room on the final purchase price unless you are assertive with the sales manager now about how unhappy you are and will cancel your order if they don't give you at least a 9% discount and see what they say. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back with 7% discount. Deposits are almost always refundable and you have a huge out with deliveries being pushed to Q4 2019. Dealers are going to be in a tough position with customer orders that will likely get backed out on at the end of the year so they should be highly motivated to keep you locked in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.