2019 Porsche Macan (facelift) Officially Launched in Macau - Page 2 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)

I am definitely keeping my 2015 Macan S. I am not thrilled with the changes, especially that continuos light bar in the rear. That works on the sports cars ie;718, 911 but not the Macan or Cayenne imo.
sergeyb likes this.

2015 Macan S in rhodium silver, black 14 ways,PASM, LCA, LKA,ACC,3 zone, smokers pkg (non smoker),comfort lights, trailer hitch, entertainment, premium pkg., 19" AS Michelins, 19" Turbo wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshore View Post
I am definitely keeping my 2015 Macan S. I am not thrilled with the changes, especially that continuos light bar in the rear. That works on the sports cars ie;718, 911 but not the Macan or Cayenne imo.

I partially agree with you. It doesn't work for me on any car. It didn't even work on the otherwise perfect 959.

The mind boggles why Porsche would want to make its taillights look like a POS Dodge.

Don't even get me started on the fact that automakers now are too cheap to install amber turn signals.....

I get it that sportscars are no longer what Porsche concentrates on first and foremost, but their designers are clearly struggling with gimmicks to spruce up the VW Group platform derivations that keep coming out of Stuttgart. IMHO, this is what the tail of a sportscar should look like: functional aero, minimal exhaust, and very subdued lighting ... like a Regera.

https://www.koenigsegg.com/wp-conten...8/TED_7919.jpg

Or if performance isn't in, and nostalgic touches to past Porches are now the goal, please skip the 1980s and head straight back to the days when styling purity was the order of the day ...

In contrast to these technical marvels or vintage beauties, the 2019 Macan will not age well. The 2019 Macan tailgate treatment looks more like a dental appliance was installed.

I suppose some here will take issue with me trashing the direction Porsche is going with their styling, and probably say that there's no way to make the whale bum end of a utility vehicle both sporty and attractive. I disagree. Proof:
https://s3.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...S6-Avant-3.jpg
Jshore likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Well, as the owner of a new-gen Panamera, I do like the rear light bar. What I don't like with the new Macan is the inability to black out the PORSCHE lettering on the rear end via factory order -- as you can do on virtually all other Porsches. I dislike chrome on cars -- inside or outside.
roule and pashapaul like this.