Dripping rear washer problem solved...? - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Default Dripping rear washer problem solved...?

Ok, I was looking through some posts here last night and I can't remember which one, but it said their mechanic said to let the rear washer run for 15-20 secs. So, last night I let it run 30 secs with fluid coming out and cleaned it up. I took a half day trip in 95* heat today and any other time the washer would leak before I got home. Not today. Not yet. I'll check it out in the morning and if it hasn't dripped I can only assume that that is the fix.

I'll post an update tomorrow and hope it's positive

Also, I have video from today showing 33 mpg @77mph. If someone wants to post this for me please contact me and I'll message the video to you. I'm computer challenged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 11:44 PM
mbr

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)

Mine temporarily stopped leaking & then I took my car to the dealer for the alarm sensor fix and the washer started leaking again. I am guessing that they refilled the reservoir and thats why it leaks again. Maybe your 30 sec spray got it low enough to stop leaking. Try refilling it and see if it leaks again
macanS likes this.

2017 991.2 Carrera 4S - GT Silver Metallic. Black/Bordeaux Red. Sport Package. PDK. PASM. PP+. ACC. LCA. FAL. 18-Way Seats. Bose. 20" Carrera Sport Wheels

1997 993 Carrera Cabriolet - Black. Cashmere Beige/Black. 6 speed manual. 17" Cup 2 Wheels

2019 Cayenne Base. Jet Black Metallic. Black/Mojave Beige. PP+. Surround View. Bose. 21" Spyder Wheels
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Mine temporarily stopped leaking & then I took my car to the dealer for the alarm sensor fix and the washer started leaking again. I am guessing that they refilled the reservoir and thats why it leaks again. Maybe your 30 sec spray got it low enough to stop leaking. Try refilling it and see if it leaks again
I think I'll give it a few days to see if that's what it was. I never use the washers that much anyway. I know some guys said to drain it but I never read if that fixed it for sure or not. Time will tell...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 08:20 AM
ACW

Quoted: 66 Post(s)

I think mine has stopped then out of the blue it start again. Very Annoying to see the drips on the rear glass after you stop and get out.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Ok, I was looking through some posts here last night and I can't remember which one, but it said their mechanic said to let the rear washer run for 15-20 secs. So, last night I let it run 30 secs with fluid coming out and cleaned it up. I took a half day trip in 95* heat today and any other time the washer would leak before I got home. Not today. Not yet. I'll check it out in the morning and if it hasn't dripped I can only assume that that is the fix.

I'll post an update tomorrow and hope it's positive

Also, I have video from today showing 33 mpg @77mph. If someone wants to post this for me please contact me and I'll message the video to you. I'm computer challenged
Send it to me, I'll upload it for you.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Update: After driving to San Francisco Sat. ( 6 hr drive ) and spending the night and returning yesterday, the rear window this morning was clean. 5 days ago I drained some out. So, draining the fluid for 20-30 sec seems to have worked for me. I understand that we shouldn't have to do this but until a fix is available this is working. FWIW.

9, 396 miles

Except for the second hand on the clock sticking now and then, no other issues. The air is even working good as of late. I'll still have that checked out. By the way, removing the rear headrests gives you much better rear visibility. The way I drive I need all the visibility I can get
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Took delivery last week and, yes, the problem is still present on cars delivered in August. A (very) slight trickle of washer fluid down the back window. I live in CT and the weather has not been extreme in any way.
But I have to say, being the only problem this far, I don't really care right now. Enjoying the driving this car way too much to have this cloud my excitement every time I get behind the wheel!

2015 Macan S Dark Blue/Luxor Beige, 18 way, Sport Design wheels, Black Rails, Black Gloss Window Trim, Bose, Premium, Infotainment, Lighting, XPel
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manden View Post
Took delivery last week and, yes, the problem is still present on cars delivered in August. A (very) slight trickle of washer fluid down the back window. I live in CT and the weather has not been extreme in any way.
But I have to say, being the only problem this far, I don't really care right now. Enjoying the driving this car way too much to have this cloud my excitement every time I get behind the wheel!
It's the reminder in your rear view mirror that gets annoying LOL!

Congrats on your new car!
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Garage

I am schedules for the fix at the dealer this Saturday. I tried your solution with no success, it is moody and still couldn't figure out why it leaks out...

Macan S | White/Beige
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Default slight trickle of washer fluid down the back window

"slight trickle of washer fluid down the back window" still same with my macan s ( bought 8/2104) after have it 2 months