Porsche Macan Forum banner

Once the mod bug bites...(Who has plans to mod?)

22K views 87 replies 30 participants last post by  HT99 
#1 ·
Anyone planning on modifying the car in anyway?

Downpipes? Testpipes? Exhaust? Intake? Tune? You know what they say, once the mod bug bites, it doesn't let go. >:D

#64 ·
I discuss this with my dealer sales manager. He said that it would be difficult to retrofit but he's looking into it. If it's feasible, he would have them installed for me. The problem is the lights are roof mounted and not part of the mirrors.

#61 ·
Not much we can do with the engine at this point, but a set of H&R or Eibach springs can lower the car 1 1/2 inches to get rid of some that huge wheel well gap. Maybe a set of 22 inch rims and it will look more like the concept vehicle as picture on the brochure cover. 22s look good on a lowered Cayenne so they should be ok on the Macan as well. Anybody know much about Ace Alloys. Here a few pics of the convex rim on a lexus, but rubber bands for tires. Our tires would have a lot more meat to them in a 265/35 front with that or 285/30 or 285/35 for the rear. Just depends how you want to set up the car. They can custom make the offset all the way down to an 20 ET to fit the 19-26 ET of the 21 inch Porsche alloys.

Just my two cents, but I think these are really cool rims. I think they enhance the look of the car, and look more like a custom factory option rather than some aftermarket bling.

Attachments

#63 ·
The problems with these cheap quality cast wheels are many - not round, hard to balance, either heavy or not strong enough, poor finish, etc...The bigger the wheels go, the more important to stick with name brands and some form of forging process. In my opinion, 21" would be the biggest you should go. If you cannot afford truly forged wheels, rotary forged/spun forged/flow forming would be a step down but is a step up from low pressure casting. The worst would be gravity cast aluminum which is most likely the Aces.

My two cents.

#70 ·
My Cayenne GTS has lights on the side of the mirrors which light up when you slide open the cover. PLUS, there are double visors so you can flip one to the side and one down the front windshield.

#73 ·
An overseas tuner who has affiliates locally has cracked the encryption on the Macan Turbo.

They started testing a flash tune still in testing producing a gain of +82hp. They claim there is another +20hp but may need an air intake upgrade. With a free flowing turbo back exhaust they claim it could add a further +35hp once tuned.

Imagine this
+82hp tune
+20hp air intake
+35hp exhaust
+400 Macan turbo

537hp bring it on.

I'll provide a further update when I have further details.

#74 ·
all the reputable tuners out there have already suggested 500hp & 500lbft tq (for Turbo version) are totally possible, just have to wait to see who can market it first (without proven data to backup their claims).

If the price is reasonable, say around $2K to $3K US, then I think lots of bloggers here will be tempted to get it done, including myself.

#75 ·
Just wait, and I predict it won't be too long either. A flash will add an easy 80 hp. Not smoke and mirror BS talk from a go fast part that actually slows the car down. Night and day difference. Easy once the encryption code is broken. I bet, priced at 2k or less each they'll sell like hot cakes. Especially if they say it can be reversed and not leave a "footprint" critical IMHO, not because it'd break the car, but peace of mind to the modder, thinking they can get away with effing up the car on Porsches dime.

My thoughts are, if you turn up the boost or the fuel, you just became your own warranty station. Now when the Peggy's & flashes start being advertised......having the sense to pass on a easy 80 hp, (perhaps even more TQ) won't be so easy to do. I speak from experience.
A few years ago, my friend had a new @ the time BMW M3. He spent a lot of $$ to try and make it faster.....he did a tune..(waste of $ IMHO on a N/A motor) cat back, and a intake. ...I had the little ugly BMW 135....(n54 twin turbo) I too, added a tune (JB4) & added a larger I/C, down pipe and cat back. The little 135 would absolutely spank the M3 from 0-150. From a roll it was even worse than from dead stop. I'm not talking about a car length or two.....more like a dozen. Embarrassing to for my friend who had twice the funds in the M3. Now, I always lusted for the M3 because of it's handling & braking. Completely outclass the 135....on a TRACK....on the street the turbo rules. TQ is what propels you forward! The Macan T w/tune will have this. Wait & see!

#79 ·
Aside from the CarGraphics lowering module, all my other mods have been cosmetic. Sport pedals, black badging, sun visor sticker removal, front window tint, PPF, coolant cap, show-n-go front license plate bracket, clear side markers, and b&w hood crest.

#83 ·
That is sweet. I would love a black and green crest for my hood and wheels.

#80 · (Edited)
Wish there were black center caps with the silver crests. Stopping me from doing the hood emblem in black/silver.

So far: added front door storage bins, 4x crest projectors in doors, sport pedals, rear climate vent retrofit, clear side markers, engine cover swap, modded stock air boxes w/ BMC filters & tune.

Parts in hand, scheduled for July is the PSE retrofit

Attachments

#81 ·
Wish there were black center caps with the silver crests. Stopping me from doing the hood emblem in black/silver.

So far: added front door storage bins, 4x crest projectors in doors, sport pedals, rear climate vent retrofit, clear side markers, engine cover swap, modded stock air boxes w/ BMC filters & tune.

TBD: PSE retrofit
Great choice on the crest projectors in the doors. May I ask you for a reference as to where you purchased those as well as the clear side markers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.