Porsche Macan Forum - View Single Post - Loaner - 2019 Base Cayenne
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Chris in Philly

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)

I also had a 2019 base Cayanne as a loaner recently, and pretty much agree with everything the OP said. The weight reduction diet has definitely helped.

I have to say though that two years ago I was lucky enough to get an old generation Cayenne Turbo demonstrator with PDCC for several days while the dealer was waiting for a part for me. Now that was a completely different animal. There's just nothing like a V8.

And the PDCC is even more remarkable, apparently a relatively rare option so I'm not sure how many of you have experienced it, but it was quite remarkable in the way that it was able to tame all that weight. You could tell that all the weight was there, but when you pushed it hard in curves and on entrance and exit ramps it's simply felt like it was not being pushed hard at all. Sort of like PTV in the Macan, but a very different sensation.

Not sure if they are going to offer PDCC on the new Cayanne turbo, but if you need more room and they have it, it would sure be interesting. The problem is the price, absolutely in the stratosphere.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome