What brand of tires come stock on the Macan? - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Default What brand of tires come stock on the Macan?

I am planning on ordering a Macan S with AS/PASM with 19" Turbo wheels.
What brand of tires come stock on the Macan; and is it possible to spec Michelins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

Mine came with Michelins but 20" and I requested summers. I did not see an option for requesting a certain brand of tire.

Delivered 02/26/16 2016 Porsche 981 Spyder in GT Silver & Classic Red Interior
Delivered 12/05/14 2015 Porsche Macan S Black on partial Black/Garnet w/ 14 way seats, A/S PASM, PTV+, ACC PAS, 20" Spyders, Bose, comfort lighting, 3 zone climate, trailer hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)

Please search the forum, this has been asked and answered multiple times. But no, you can't spec michelins over the other, it's luck of the draw.

Ordered Feb-14', Estimated 8/22/14, Delivered 9/3/14: Macan S White, Black Interior w/partial leather and 14-way, RS Spyder wheels w/ crest, Premium Plus, AS/PASM/PTV, ACC/PAS, Black Roof Rails w/Gloss Black Window Trim, Comfort light, Trailer Hitch

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsiceman View Post
I am planning on ordering a Macan S with AS/PASM with 19" Turbo wheels.
What brand of tires come stock on the Macan; and is it possible to spec Michelins?
Hi, stock tires are either Continentals or Michelins but you cannot choose the tire brand. You can only choose the wheels. It seems like many are getting Michelin's from the factory but I have seen Continental's also on some of the demo cars at the various dealers I have "stalked" in the Los Angeles /Orange County area.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Please search the forum, this has been asked and answered multiple times. But no, you can't spec michelins over the other, it's luck of the draw.
Sorry, I did search the wheels and tire forums and the general forum, for "stock tires" before posting, but did not come up with any hits.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

I have found that the search feature does not return very accurate hits. I have had better luck with using google and typing the subject along with "macanforum." Seems to work better for me at least. Was actually recommended previously to me by a mod.

Op, I too wish you could select Michelins. I hope mine comes with them.....via luck.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)

Any particular reason people are wanting Michelins?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh Navuluri View Post
Good marketing on the tire company's part for one. The Michelin Man is still a great company mascot.

Michelin and Continental are both rated the top two world wide tire manufacturers per a few consumer reports posted last year and the year before. Those consumer reports were based on all season tire comparisons.
Continental , a German founded company, was made famous for their quality tires that focused on obtaining long lasting, fuel saving tires.

Michelin a company founded in France was made famous for their quality racing tires, including Formula One racers.

I guess the Michelin Man and Formula One is why people think Michelin's and Porsche seems like they belong together.

I didn't know any of this and just quickly googled this stuff. I am sure both tires will be good otherwise, Porsche wouldn't give either company the account. Tire efficiency is too important to the performance of the Porsche brand. I think we will be ok with either.
Cemeabeme likes this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 09:07 PM
K-A

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)

Luckily I got the Michelin's. Sport Latitude 3 or something like that.

Not sure of the replacement cost on 20's but seems under $400 which isn't too bad. Though finding N spec which is Porsche exclusive is tricky as prices seem to be on the Y spec tires.

2015 Porsche Macan S SportDesign | White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Tints.

'15 Mazda 3 i Sport.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech/Sport Auto/etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh Navuluri View Post
I have had Michelins on all of my SUVs from small RAV4s, medium 4Runners, and huge Suburbans, and they have all performed great in snow and mud conditions. They also are good on dry roads and have excellent wear characteristics. I have probably put over a million miles on my Michelin SUV tires and never had a problem.

I know that none of these SUVs have the performance capabilities of the Macan, but I would feel more comfortable knowing that they had Michelins.