What brand of tires did you Macan have when delivered. - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default What brand of tires did you Macan have when delivered.

I have an order for a GTS that is coming with 21 inch wheels. I specified I wanted Michelin pilot super sports if at all possible however as they always say there are no guarantees.

I'm curious to see what people have received upon delivery on their units. Especially the 21's.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

You won't get Michelin Pilot Super Sports -- they aren't rated for any Porsche model.

Porsche will only fit tires that are appropriately rated for whichever vehicle is delivered - unless you specify in your build, then they randomly choose which manufacturer they actually mount to your car. Regadless of whether the tire is Michelin, Continental or Pirelli (and even Dunlop, Continental, Bridgestone or Goodyear for the other Porsche models), that particular tire MUST be N-spec for THAT particular model if it comes from the dealer.

Change the tire if you want after that, but know that the change alone compromises the performance of the vehicle in ways that you might not even notice -- until you actually hit the wall or tree.

Member - Porsche Club of America (1986- )
> High Performance Driving Instructor
> National Master Concours Judge
> Region Tech Advisor

'70 914 -- '72 914 -- '68 912 -- '77 Carrera 3.0 -- '99 996 Carrera -- '15 Macan S

Last edited by MacWhte; 03-05-2017 at 05:12 PM.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Mine came with 21 inch Conti's.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWhte View Post
know that the change alone compromises the performance of the vehicle in ways that you might not even notice -- until you actually hit the wall or tree.
Yep, I learned that on my 911...at least I didn't crash.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

Pirelli P-Zero

Current:
2017 Porsche Macan 2.0 | Rhodium Silver | H&R | Chipwerke Pro
Past:
2014 Audi Allroad | APR E85 Stage 2 | Milltek | KW | Vossen
2011 Audi A3 | APR Stage 2 | KW
2007 Audi RS4 | Bone Stock
2006 Porsche Cayman S | KW | Remus | Sportec | Techart
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

My Macan Turbo with 21" turbo wheels came with Pirelli P Zero.

I love the way the car drives and handles but like you, Michelin was my first choice. I guess Porsche installs whatever they have on hand. When the Pirelli wear out I'll find out if Michelin are better, because that's exactly what I'll purchase.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

Conti's, but I've an S with 19" Turbos.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWhte View Post
You won't get Michelin Pilot Super Sports -- they aren't rated for any Porsche model.

Porsche will only fit tires that are appropriately rated for whichever vehicle is delivered - unless you specify in your build, then they randomly choose which manufacturer they actually mount to your car. Regadless of whether the tire is Michelin, Continental or Pirelli (and even Dunlop, Continental, Bridgestone or Goodyear for the other Porsche models), that particular tire MUST be N-spec for THAT particular model if it comes from the dealer.

Change the tire if you want after that, but know that the change alone compromises the performance of the vehicle in ways that you might not even notice -- until you actually hit the wall or tree.
This was true for s long time but no longer true. PSS are a factory tire on the Panamera GTS with 20" rims. The widths are 255/295 just like the Macan 20s but the profiles are lower. Other than the speedo error you could make them work on a Macan.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimithing View Post
This was true for s long time but no longer true. PSS are a factory tire on the Panamera GTS with 20" rims. The widths are 255/295 just like the Macan 20s but the profiles are lower. Other than the speedo error you could make them work on a Macan.
Correct in that SOME PSS were N-Spec for a Panamera -- but NOT for a Macan. But they have also been out of production because they have been discontinued -- if somebody DOES have them in stock, I'd be sure to check the dates on them. We all agree that total life is about 6 years on a performance tire.

The Super Sports have already been replaced by Michelin PS-4. And I don't think that even those are N-Spec yet.

Your comment about "..make them work.." seems to refer to size -- but nevertheless STILL the wrong tire.

Member - Porsche Club of America (1986- )
> High Performance Driving Instructor
> National Master Concours Judge
> Region Tech Advisor

'70 914 -- '72 914 -- '68 912 -- '77 Carrera 3.0 -- '99 996 Carrera -- '15 Macan S

Last edited by MacWhte; 03-05-2017 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Corrected infromation