Winter tires and wheels - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

 37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default Winter tires and wheels

Thinking ahead to winter, I would like to get a set of dedicated winter wheels and tires for the Macan. Do Cayenne wheels with a Macan? Do I have to have a larger rear wheel/tire for my Macan or would the same rim/tire at all four corners be fine. Thought? Thanks

2017 Macan 2.0T, 1992 968 cab, 1995 968 coupe
jeff968 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, On, Canada
Posts: 2,434
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Default

Cayenne wheels will not fit Macan.

Cayenne - PCD of 5x130, centre bore 71.5mm and M14x1.5 bolt thread.

Macan - PCD of 5x112, centre bore 66.5mm and M14x1.5 bolt thread. - low offset

Square setup is fine. At least you can then rotate them every season to get better and even wear from the set
freshlysqueezed and BossHoss like this.
bobblehead is offline  
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Cayenne wheels will not fit Macan.

Cayenne - PCD of 5x130, centre bore 71.5mm and M14x1.5 bolt thread.

Macan - PCD of 5x112, centre bore 66.5mm and M14x1.5 bolt thread. - low offset

Square setup is fine. At least you can then rotate them every season to get better and even wear from the set

Thanks,
So is there another wheel out there that will fit a Macan other then a Macan wheel?

2017 Macan 2.0T, 1992 968 cab, 1995 968 coupe
jeff968 is offline  
 
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, On, Canada
Posts: 2,434
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Default

If you mean aftermarket ones, then there are lots out there.

Even BBS CHR wheels if that fits your budget. They are sporty looking, IMO. There are a few members here have them. Or you can check the "Aftermarket wheels" thread here to go thru them

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/whee...ms-thread.html

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/1230650-post1.html
bobblehead is offline  
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
0-100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Thinking ahead to winter, I would like to get a set of dedicated winter wheels and tires for the Macan. Do Cayenne wheels with a Macan? Do I have to have a larger rear wheel/tire for my Macan or would the same rim/tire at all four corners be fine. Thought? Thanks
Good question. Recently I was in a minor accident, when I made a claim with the insurance company, one of the first question they ask is what kind of tires I had when the accident occurred. I think they are trying to determine if the set of wheel I had was not blessed by the Manufacturer, they have a recent to not proceed my claim. The good news is they were all purchased from the Porsche dealer. So you might want to check with your insurance first, just incase?

Here is what our dealer offer...
Porsche Winter Wheel Sets | PFAFF
0-100 is offline  
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
drakarmacan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
Good question. Recently I was in a minor accident, when I made a claim with the insurance company, one of the first question they ask is what kind of tires I had when the accident occurred. I think they are trying to determine if the set of wheel I had was not blessed by the Manufacturer, they have a recent to not proceed my claim. The good news is they were all purchased from the Porsche dealer. So you might want to check with your insurance first, just incase?

Here is what our dealer offer...
Porsche Winter Wheel Sets | PFAFF
i bought the winter tires sport classic 19" silver wheel from pfaff for $5300+tax

i'm planning on painting them in black interior!
drakarmacan is offline  
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
Good question. Recently I was in a minor accident, when I made a claim with the insurance company, one of the first question they ask is what kind of tires I had when the accident occurred. I think they are trying to determine if the set of wheel I had was not blessed by the Manufacturer, they have a recent to not proceed my claim. The good news is they were all purchased from the Porsche dealer. So you might want to check with your insurance first, just incase?

Here is what our dealer offer...
Porsche Winter Wheel Sets | PFAFF

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. OEM tires, just like OEM oil is mostly marketing affiliation. I think you can purchase whatever kind of tire you want. Heck, if what you stated was true I think the insurance companies would outlaw all-season tires as they compromise performance compared to true winter and summer tires.


Back to my original post, I would like to stay with an original Porsche rim. Will anything else work?

2017 Macan 2.0T, 1992 968 cab, 1995 968 coupe
jeff968 is offline  
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, On, Canada
Posts: 2,434
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Default

^ For Macan rims, there's nothing else would work except factory. This is the only Porsche model that used Audi setup.

However, you can check out Audi Q5 wheels, same spec. except the offset is much higher. It will work.


Just a bit of suggestion. Dealers normally will do a special clearout of last year's winter tires/wheels package as they want to make way for the 2016 inventory. You may have to call around in your local & regional dealers to see who may be having this sale. If you are in luck, I would think you can get like 15-20% off their listed price or combination of smaller discount with free install and storage of your summer set for a season or two. If you have no such luck, you can initiate an offer with discount and see if dealer is nice enough to accept your offer proposal. Therefore, nothing to lose ... just ask and see.
bobblehead is offline  
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
^ For Macan rims, there's nothing else would work except factory. This is the only Porsche model that used Audi setup.

However, you can check out Audi Q5 wheels, same spec. except the offset is much higher. It will work.

Thanks, I just happen to have a set of Q5 winter rims and tires. I'll have to try them out.
bobblehead likes this.

2017 Macan 2.0T, 1992 968 cab, 1995 968 coupe
jeff968 is offline  
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, On, Canada
Posts: 2,434
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Default

Issue resolved.

Maybe just need new winter tires ?
bobblehead is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome