Winter tires and wheels - Page 2 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)

Here is what I got for my Macan S from tirerack.com back in 2015. They look awesome and the performance has been excellent after two winters.

2 - BBS SR Anthracite Painted 18x8 Fronts
2 - BBS SR Anthracite Painted 18x9 Rears
2 - ContiWinterContact TS830 P 235/60R 18 N0 Fronts
2 - ContiWinterContact TS830 P 255/55R 18 N0 Rears
4 - 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors
4 - Required valves

Continental*ContiWinterContact TS830 P

BBS SR Anthracite Painted
Vrei likes this.

Delivered on 02/11/2015: Macan S Agate Gray | Black Int w/carbon fiber | 20" RS with colored crest cap | 14-way Seats | PASM/AS | Prem+ | High Gloss Trim | Rear Fascia and Side Blades painted | Park Assist/cam | Heated Steering Wheel | LCA | 3-Zone | Smoking Pkg | Comfort Lighting |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)

The Macan's ABS, TCS etc. are all biased towards parameters that assume the rear has more traction than the front. When you mount a square setup, you violate the initial assumptions all the nanny controls are set up for. It may not ever matter or it my matter when you need it most. For the Nth time on this forum, I have to ask, "why buy a Macan and then cheap out on the most critical piece of equipment?". If you want to mount Q5 rims and tires, why not just buy a Q5?

4 proper Macan size 18" Made in Germany Rial P10 wheels at the Tire Rack are $500.
MDJAK likes this.

2015 Macan S, Agate Grey, AS/PASM/PTV, 20" SD, Tow hitch and roof rails, No sunroof
1973 911S, Ivory White, MT5
1973 911RS, White/Blue, MT5
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage

I plan on winter wheels and tires, but it is way too early to be thinking about that yet. Most importantly, I want to see my car again! I ordered 19" summer tires on the basis of running a winter set as well, and will probably go 18" for best traction and cost. For some reason 19" wheels are stupid expensive, and for now at least, there is more tire selection in 18", particularly with the N0 marking. When I looked last year, before buying the Macan, I thought Pfaff were reasonably competitive with TheTireRack, once exchange was factored in. I have bought from TheTireRack before, and was quite happy with the results.

I do like the looks of the BBS though.

Night (was Dark) metallic blue, Agate standard interior, Navigation Module (was Infotainment Package), Premium Package (now with Bose radio), Trailer Hitch, PASM, PSP, 19" Turbo wheels, lane change assist, (now included Light Comfort package),18 way seats,Smoker's package

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakarmacan View Post
i bought the winter tires sport classic 19" silver wheel from pfaff for $5300+tax
How long ago was that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)

Early May 2016

Call them up and ask for Brad
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage

I have a set of 19" Macan Turbo with AS of you have any interest. They had 2,000 miles on them when I took them off.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macanuck View Post
4 proper Macan size 18" Made in Germany Rial P10 wheels at the Tire Rack are $500.
Do you know of a special deal? Tire Rack website is showing $716 USD right now without shipping.

2015 Porsche Macan S: White with black interior, Premium Package Plus, Window Trim in Matte Black, 18" Macan S Wheel, Comfort Lighting Package, Smoking Package, Steering Wheel Heating, Lane Change Assist, 3-zone Climate Control, PTV+

2006 Mercedes Sprinter 2500SHC 140 - work van
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:35 PM
RJE

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

The Porsche 18" winter wheel/tyre combo is noted on the Porsche website as not suitable for the Turbo, and I assume this is because of the brakes. No mention if they are a problem with the GTS. Anyone know if you can put 18" Porsche wheels on a GTS? Thanks.

Waited patiently (?) for GTS ordered May 15, September 6 birthday, picked up October 21.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE View Post
The Porsche 18" winter wheel/tyre combo is noted on the Porsche website as not suitable for the Turbo, and I assume this is because of the brakes. No mention if they are a problem with the GTS. Anyone know if you can put 18" Porsche wheels on a GTS? Thanks.
18" Porsche wheels won't for a GTS because of the brakes. Tire Rack has a style or two (one is BBS, maybe others) in 18" that they've tested and clear the brakes. I kind of wanted 18" with Nokian tires but now I really want the 19" Sport Classics.
RJE likes this.

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macanuck View Post
The Macan's ABS, TCS etc. are all biased towards parameters that assume the rear has more traction than the front. When you mount a square setup, you violate the initial assumptions all the nanny controls are set up for. It may not ever matter or it my matter when you need it most. For the Nth time on this forum, I have to ask, "why buy a Macan and then cheap out on the most critical piece of equipment?". If you want to mount Q5 rims and tires, why not just buy a Q5?
^^^+1. I will also add that a square set-up will induce oversteer and that would be a mistake in the winter on a slippery road.

Macan GTS - carmine red, agate/pebble gray
991.2 Cab - gt silver, black/bordeaux red, manual, PSE
991 Turbo S - sapphire blue, espresso