Did MacanForum.com influence a change in your build? How much? - Page 3 - Porsche Macan Forum
View Poll Results: Did MacanForum.com Influence your build? How Much?
Yes - $1,000 - $2,000 14 15.05%
Yes - $2,000 - $3,000 7 7.53%
Yes - $3,000 - $4,000 12 12.90%
Yes - $4,000 - $5,000 6 6.45%
Yes - $5,000 - $6,000 6 6.45%
Yes - $6,000 - $7,000 5 5.38%
Yes - $7,000 - $8,000 4 4.30%
Yes - $8,000 - $9,000 2 2.15%
Yes - $9,000 - $10,000+ 17 18.28%
No - No influence 20 21.51%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage

lol forum is an evil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 366 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)

I added PASM because of this forum. I had test driven all suspension variations and initially chosen PASM and then talked myself out of it .

The later the Forum MADE me do it . So back to the tick box I went . Tnx guys !
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

+1 on the PASM from enthusiastic opinions of the heavy hitters on here. I only tested the base steel suspension which was good as is, but I wanted that little bit more Porsche experience.The car rags also raved about PASM.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

From Canada here.

Was initially looking at a 78 thousand Macan S build. Reading the threads, and realizing most options are worthless, I convinced myself to get a Macan Turbo. And then, reading the boards further, I was convinced that for winter I need the PTV +, and the PDLS +. Though to be fair, talk about the carbon fiber wheel being brutally hot or cold in extreme weather conditions had me remove that.

In the end, I'm spending at least 20 thousand more than I initially planned! Thanks to this forum. Porsche should honestly give the mods here some kickbacks.
-=Hot|Ice=- likes this.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Did the forum influence my build? Does six major revisions count?

Here's what was added:

Revision 1, Premium+ and PASM
Revision 2, PTV
Revision 3, 18-Way Seats, Porsche Painted Wheel Inserts and LCA
Revision 4, 3-Zone AC, Cargo Mgmt System, Sun Blinds
Revision 5, Comfort Lighting and Infotainment
Revision 6, 21" Turbo Design Wheels

I kid around about "the evil forum influence" but really, I have the build and dream car I want and appreciate all the input.

My first Porsche? Yes!
My last Porsche? I think not!
remgb, ranrey1 and WHT TGR like this.

2015 Macan S (Ordered 10/18/14) Jet Blk exterior | Black interior | 21" Turbo Design Wheels | PASM | PTV | Premium+ | 18-Way Seats | Porsche Painted Wheel Inserts | Sun Blinds | LCA | 3-Zone AC | Infotainment | Cargo Mgmt System | Comfort Lighting.

V260 Into body shop Jan 26th | V300 Vehicle complete Jan 29th | V332 Exit Emden Feb 12 | V900 Delivery Mar 13th

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)

Changed my config almost 4 times, all add ons. Worth it though. Very happy with my build. Since I'm new to Porsche many of the features were unfamiliar to me. All the posts and great members helped me through the decision process. Thanks everyone!
-=Hot|Ice=- likes this.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Garage

Everyone happy they made the changes? I know you're wallet isn't happy, but are YOU happy?
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim View Post
You left out the negative part, that is, after reading someone might have decided against buying an option and saved money.

For example, I had the skid plates specced. But then questioned my initial decision if they were truly functional or bling. Originally I presumed that since the car was meant for softroading, they might be truly functional.
Sounds like we need another thread.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:06 PM
-hh

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage

I already had my order in before joining. I might have been able to change my order, but given the other factors with the SA, didn't want to touch it.

So in that sense, MF had no influence.

But in looking at what I've learned, had my situation and/or timing been slightly different, I do think that MF would have resulted in some configuration changes...probably would have added the Convenience Lighting and filled the black hole (and gotten the colored wheel center caps aftermarket) - call it a +$800 ... although another $500 for vented front seats would have been tempting, as well as maybe a trailer hitch (just in case). I'd also probably consider PASM next time, but I'd need to have the opportunity to do back-to-back test drives.

-hh
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)

I came here very early in my car search (knew I wanted Cayenne or Macan) to look at pics and to find out the consensus on best options to order. I still struggled mightily with my build though since it was my first Porsche. I locked a build of a black Macan S with AS and no rails and garnet/piano interior. I changed this build about 8 times. After the build locked and I saw many more Macans at the dealer I realized I wanted white WITH roof rails. I ordered another Macan from a different dealer and changed that build about 7 or 8x also to finally arrive at my current spec. Last thing I snuck in at the wire was Carbon Fiber Interior.

I went to different Porsche dealers over 10x to look at all the options. What a process! Extremely happy with the car so far, really love it. If I could change one thing it would maybe be rear fascia painted. I'm not sure if that may look better. But many said if you do that then you have to do the side skirts also or it will look off. Too many choices for an OCD person like myself! The SAs must have wanted to kill me, lol.
WHT TGR likes this.

2015 Panamera GTS | White | Black/Alcantara GTS Pkg in Carmine Red | 20" Panamera Sport Wheels in Black | PP+ | SportDesign Rear Fascia | SportDesign Side Skirts | Bose | Soft Close Doors | Power Sunblinds |

2015 Macan S | White | Full Garnet | 14-way | Carbon Fiber Interior | 20" RS Spyders | Colored Caps | Summer Tires | Black Rails | Gloss Trim | PP+ | PASM | SC | ACC | LCA | 3-Zone | Comfort Lighting | White Dials | Front Crests | Smoking Package | SOLD - 12/15/15