User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Window Tinting

Maybe someone out there could advice me. I have just ordered my Macan GTS and love the car... apart for one thing. The car comes with a really dark rear window tint and the dealer is tinting the front windows as well although not as dark due to the laws regarding tinting. I would really think the car would look better with a uniform tint. Wouldn't it be possible to not have the tint done at the factory and then have the windows tinted all together here in Australia therefore have a lighter uniform tint that I prefer. Has anyone got the same thoughts as me and has anyone got the two different tints on their Macan and what do they think of it ? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

If you haven't locked your order yet you may want to think about the Thermal Glass option. It tints all the glass except the front windshield.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Another question I have is what is classed as a 2017 Macan. Mine is being built in October 2016 and delivered December 28th 2016 at this stage. I see a lot of videos showing the 2017 Macan which have been posted at the beginning of this year.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Ps Thank you for you reply regarding window tinting, yes I thought about the Thermal glass option but the front windows would be lighter which would be great if I could have the same in the back to match. I know I am nit picking here .. Worse things to worry about in the world !
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David123 View Post
Ps Thank you for you reply regarding window tinting, yes I thought about the Thermal glass option but the front windows would be lighter which would be great if I could have the same in the back to match. I know I am nit picking here .. Worse things to worry about in the world !
I've ordered the thermal glass option on my last two builds - the front windows are still lighter than the rear so I get them tinted to match as close as possible. I live in Florida so I wanted to get the thicker glass for heat protection too. The thermal glass is also quieter inside - noticeably.

As for MY 2017 - I believe as of May 2016 builds you get a MY 2017 vehicle.
L_K likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Pretty sure the actual glass is tinted, and not a film. Just go to a good tint shop and have them apply a test strip to verify the fronts will match.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage

FWIW, I took my Macan to get the drivers and passenger's windows tinted and apparently it's a huge pain in the rear to do. Something about the way that Porsche builds the window assembly. I had to call 4 different places before finding one that could do it. I still haven't gotten around to taking a day off work to have it done.

2017 Macan GTS - Night Blue

Last 5 years, all sold:
2015 Nissan GT-R
2013 Subaru STi
1999 Subaru 2.5RS
2013 Subaru WRX
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
Smile No problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by peQy View Post
FWIW, I took my Macan to get the drivers and passenger's windows tinted and apparently it's a huge pain in the rear to do. Something about the way that Porsche builds the window assembly. I had to call 4 different places before finding one that could do it. I still haven't gotten around to taking a day off work to have it done.
I chose 503motoring in Portland OR to do my tinting. They specialize in top end cars and never mentioned the Macan being a problem. You might give them a call and see if they can recommend an installer in your area.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmac1 View Post
I chose 503motoring in Portland OR to do my tinting. They specialize in top end cars and never mentioned the Macan being a problem. You might give them a call and see if they can recommend an installer in your area.

I had my two Macan GTS's front windows tinted by the same installer. They did a great job. They did mentioned that the little triangle in the A pillar was a pain, but nothing they can't do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Black Leather Interior, Black RS Spyder Wheels /Summer Tires, Sports Aluminum PDK, Sport Mirrors, Adaptive Cruise / PAS, Ventilated Seats, Sport Chrono, PTV+, Surround View, Air Suspension / PASM, Black Roof Rails, PCM with Navigation, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, LED Headlights, Smoking Package, 18-Way Seats, Premium Package Plus, Rear Sunblinds, Red GTS Logos, Chrome interior accents, Wireless Charger for iPhone, Armrest Tray, Smoked Side Reflectors.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmac1 View Post
Interesting, thanks! I am down in Portland for work all the time, maybe I can have them do it one day that I'm down there!

2017 Macan GTS - Night Blue

Last 5 years, all sold:
2015 Nissan GT-R
2013 Subaru STi
1999 Subaru 2.5RS
2013 Subaru WRX