226Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #101 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincher View Post
Glad some of the blue bloods are open to the Base. Some of the posts here reflect otherwise.
When I think of "Porsche Blue Bloods" I think of some of my 911 friends who still don't accept the Cayenne or Panamera as a real Porsche, and not that long ago first gave legitimacy to the Boxster and Cayman :-)
RJMcInnis and fincher like this.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
When I think of "Porsche Blue Bloods" I think of some of my 911 friends who still don't accept the Cayenne or Panamera as a real Porsche, and not that long ago first gave legitimacy to the Boxster and Cayman :-)
That's how most of my friends see it as well. They only accept 911 as a real Porsche. Their loss! And they forget that the first prototype of the Porsche 356 was a two seat mid-engine car. Boxster/Cayman still not accepted though..
post #103 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Macan base haters really miss the essence of Porsche driving. It is not all about Horsepower. Porsche has successfully translated some of the basic Porsche values into the Macan. Great handling, lively engine, awesome transmission, low key luxury and overall a pleasure to drive. I own a Cayman S and I definitely feel the kinship when I step into the Macan. Life is made of a succession of little pleasures. Driving a Macan is definitely one to them!

post #104 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpradon View Post
Macan base haters really miss the essence of Porsche driving. It is not all about Horsepower. Porsche has successfully translated some of the basic Porsche values into the Macan. Great handling, lively engine, awesome transmission, low key luxury and overall a pleasure to drive. I own a Cayman S and I definitely feel the kinship when I step into the Macan. Life is made of a succession of little pleasures. Driving a Macan is definitely one to them!
I think that sums it up pretty well! I totally agree. I want that daily dose of pleasure =)
Rusty likes this.
post #105 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage

A little late, but you'll find an excellent review on YouTube from Thomas on Autogefuhl
Schabbelfarfar and maxdbunny like this.
post #106 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyrolo View Post
A little late, but you'll find an excellent review on YouTube from Thomas on Autogefuhl
I seriously enjoy his reviews! https://youtu.be/QAU8RK8Mmw8
post #107 of 132 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Another Canadian review:

Overall, reviewer is pleasantly surprised: "nimble, lightweight, 4-cylinder is more than adequate, check this one out you might surprise yourself", especially after previously reviewing the GTS.
RJMcInnis, fincher and Faux Paws like this.
post #108 of 132 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:49 PM

We test drove the Macan and the Macan S back to back. The base Macan felt considerably slower (at times it was awkwardly slow) and didn't brake as well. The Macan S felt adequately fast, sounded much nicer and came with 19" wheels vs 18" wheels on the base. It took less than 5 minutes to decide that the cost savings offered by the base weren't worth it, at least for us. To be honest, I'm surprised that Porsche is making this base model. Given the higher availability and higher discounts for the base, it seems it isn't selling as well as the other models. Although I've heard that the entry Cayenne is the largest selling Porsche so they must have solid market analysis to know the base Macan will sell well, especially in Eastern markets.
post #109 of 132 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macanroc View Post
Given the higher availability and higher discounts for the base, it seems it isn't selling as well as the other models. Although I've heard that the entry Cayenne is the largest selling Porsche so they must have solid market analysis to know the base Macan will sell well, especially in Eastern markets.
US Sales for 2016:

I also suspect a large number of those Dec Macans were base.
WHT TGR likes this.
post #110 of 132 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post

US Sales for 2016:

I also suspect a large number of those Dec Macans were base.
@vansmack what makes you think a large # of those Macan sales were base? The fact that dealers are offering 9% off of base and 7% off of S generally tells me otherwise. Also my dealer said they aren't selling as many base models.