LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Garage
Default Current TSB's

I am in for my 15K service next week and I asked the dealer for a list of TSB's or "campaigns" as Porsche calls them.

• Program Update to the PDK/ DME control unit
  • Checking the sensor for the interior surveillance in the roof console
  • Affixing protective film on rear door sill
  • Checking the vent line for cooling system
  • Checking the gap dimension of the front door and reworking if necessary

For reference I am in Western Canada, as there seems to be some variance from country to country/ dealer to dealer on what they tell customers.

2015 Macan S - white on red/black, 20" sport designs - arrived June 07 (porsche code
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by grim; 07-27-2016 at 11:57 AM. Reason: edited title to be all inclusive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

I should also add they told me they are aware of the chirping/fluttering noise from under the hood as other owners have reported it.

2015 Macan S - white on red/black, 20" sport designs - arrived June 07 (porsche code
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Garage

@Wintermute Haven't heard mention of the "Affixing protective film on rear door sill" before. Any idea what that is, or what VINs are included?

DELIVERED 31st Dec 2014. Happy New Year!

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcInnis View Post
@Wintermute Haven't heard mention of the "Affixing protective film on rear door sill" before. Any idea what that is, or what VINs are included?
I actually don't know. At first I thought it might be for the pillar covers that are cracking, but that isn't really a "sill". I'll ask when I take it in.
gobobbie and RJMcInnis like this.

)
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

WE49 Rear Door Sill protective film was not done to my S due to the cold temperatures. It was explained to be a clear protective film applied to the rear door opening. It didn't sound like the definition of sill to me. WE51 reprogram trailer hitch control module.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I am in for my 15K service next week and I asked the dealer for a list of TSB's or "campaigns" as Porsche calls them.

For reference I am in Western Canada, as there seems to be some variance from country to country/ dealer to dealer on what they tell customers.
I am in the US, and had all the above done. They actually REPLACE that top roof console (so the SA told me). The PDK is definitely smoother, but has less of that KICK when it drops into each gear.

2015 Macan Turbo: Jet Black Metallic with Black/Red/Carbon Fiber leather interior, Premium Package (with Panoramic Roof), 21" Turbo Design Wheels, SS Skid Plates, PASM/AS, PTV+, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats, Comfort Lighting, and Smoking Package
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)

My alarm issue was fixed months ago with the shuring up of a loose part within the headliner console that would trigger the alarm. No replacement part(s) needed.

2015 Macan S: Silver on Black
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)

So will any vehicle built after a TSB has been announced have the fixes already corrected?
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)

Quote:
I should also add they told me they are aware of the chirping/fluttering noise from under the hood as other owners have reported it.
Is that the 'owl hoot'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcInnis View Post
Quote:
I actually don't know. At first I thought it might be for the pillar covers that are cracking, but that isn't really a "sill". I'll ask when I take it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer View Post
WE49 Rear Door Sill protective film was not done to my S due to the cold temperatures. It was explained to be a clear protective film applied to the rear door opening. It didn't sound like the definition of sill to me. WE51 reprogram trailer hitch control module.
Very interested in this also. I am thinking it is a protective film applied to the 'sill' adjacent to the rear wheel to guard against stone chips. Please post pics once it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post
So will any vehicle built after a TSB has been announced have the fixes already corrected?
You would assume so but they can figure that out based on your VIN when you bring it in for service.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Quote:

Program Update to the PDK/ DME control unit is WE60
Affixing protective film on rear door sill is WE49
WE47-Storing collapsible spare

Another campaign came out yesterday per my Service Advisor. I didnt get the number, but its an ECM update to prevent knock when using lower octane fuels. I went in to have it done since my ticket was still open from the above work I had done Thursday (6/14 build), but they didnt have the most updated version on their diagnostic tool that comes via CD.

They did not apply the door sill guard and had to order, otherwise I would provide a pic for the poster that asked.

Magnet
WHT TGR likes this.

I support the second amendment.