Porsche Macan Forum banner

Current TSB's

28K views 42 replies 32 participants last post by  Shark 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am in for my 15K service next week and I asked the dealer for a list of TSB's or "campaigns" as Porsche calls them.

• Program Update to the PDK/ DME control unit
  • Checking the sensor for the interior surveillance in the roof console
  • Affixing protective film on rear door sill
  • Checking the vent line for cooling system
  • Checking the gap dimension of the front door and reworking if necessary

For reference I am in Western Canada, as there seems to be some variance from country to country/ dealer to dealer on what they tell customers.

#9 ·
Is that the 'owl hoot'?

@Wintermute Haven't heard mention of the "Affixing protective film on rear door sill" before. Any idea what that is, or what VINs are included?
I actually don't know. At first I thought it might be for the pillar covers that are cracking, but that isn't really a "sill". I'll ask when I take it in.
WE49 Rear Door Sill protective film was not done to my S due to the cold temperatures. It was explained to be a clear protective film applied to the rear door opening. It didn't sound like the definition of sill to me. WE51 reprogram trailer hitch control module.
Very interested in this also. I am thinking it is a protective film applied to the 'sill' adjacent to the rear wheel to guard against stone chips. Please post pics once it is done.

So will any vehicle built after a TSB has been announced have the fixes already corrected?
You would assume so but they can figure that out based on your VIN when you bring it in for service.

#6 ·
I am in for my 15K service next week and I asked the dealer for a list of TSB's or "campaigns" as Porsche calls them.

For reference I am in Western Canada, as there seems to be some variance from country to country/ dealer to dealer on what they tell customers.
I am in the US, and had all the above done. They actually REPLACE that top roof console (so the SA told me). The PDK is definitely smoother, but has less of that KICK when it drops into each gear.

#10 ·

Program Update to the PDK/ DME control unit is WE60
Affixing protective film on rear door sill is WE49
WE47-Storing collapsible spare

Another campaign came out yesterday per my Service Advisor. I didnt get the number, but its an ECM update to prevent knock when using lower octane fuels. I went in to have it done since my ticket was still open from the above work I had done Thursday (6/14 build), but they didnt have the most updated version on their diagnostic tool that comes via CD.

They did not apply the door sill guard and had to order, otherwise I would provide a pic for the poster that asked.

Magnet

#11 ·
What is the protective film on the rear sill exactly? Any particular build dates it pertains to?

#12 ·
Hmmmm...it's probably those two clear plastic films that I just removed from the metal inserts on the sill to the rear cargo area, assuming they were inadvertantly left there during the PDI...oh, well...:|

#16 ·
Good info guys! Thanks.

I pick up my car tomorrow...do I need to mention all of these things to them or will they already be managed? Cheers!

#17 ·
I was in at service and they listed 4 WEs to do:

WE49
WE60
WE88 ? what is this ?
WE14 ? ditto !

For sure, I do not see the so-called protective film at rear sill doors at all, where exactly do you placed it ... their ugly butts :D and probably ends up charging back to warranty for work really NOT done at all. That's very dishonest of the dealer.

#18 ·
So is the plastic coating supposed to be at the rear DOORS or hatch area? The hatch area I had but peeled off. Don't think I have any on the rear door sills or any door sills, unless they're that hard to notice which I'd find unlikely since I go through the car thoroughly, often.

#19 ·
#20 ·
WE88 and WF14

I'm sure most of you are already aware, however I am taking mine in this week for the squeaky steering (solved by simple lubrication) and was asked to leave it for the day due to two additional items identified by the system:

1) WE88 replace rear spray nozzle
2) WF14 Re-program DME control unit

Thought I'd post this in case its helpful to someone...

#21 ·
I know most of these have already been mentioned either as a code, or general description, but the following campaigns were undertaken during my one year service:-

WE33 - Replace tank leakage diagnosis unit (not done as still waiting for parts)
WE34 - Check front lid gap
WE49 - Affix film on door sill (not done as still waiting for parts)
WE52 - Check coolant line routing
WE58 - Check roof console without PAO light - replaced hardware version 45 with version 46
WE60 - Reprogram PDK control unit
WE88 - Replace rear spray nozzle
WF14 - Reprogram DME control unit
WF27 - Perform PCM (w/ XM radio) update

I also have some longitudinal/fore-aft motion in my drivers seat (14 way). Apparently there is some info regarding this issue and a repair kit is available for the seat frame, although it isn't a campaign as such. WM720949 is noted on my paperwork against this issue.

#22 ·
Just got our Macan S back for the 10K service (we're in California)

WF14 - Reprogram DME C/U as already noted here and in other threads.

WF61 - Reprogram A/C System Control

No idea what the A/C fix is for and as usual the dealer wasn't told either (come on Porsche, why so secret!)

#23 ·
Just had some service done. My dealer told me the AC reprogram was to prevent "line freezing" for whatever that's worth.

#25 ·
In the dealer now for my 10K service and there are 3 recalls, two of them are software: reprogram dme and air conditioning controller, which they will do tomorrow, then there's the wf47 which the service guy said involves major work and repainting. It says sealing rear lid with pvc seam. I told him not to do that one since I won't be able to pick it up tomorrow. Has anyone had that one done? This is a 2014 Macan S. I haven't noticed any leaking and the service guy isn't really sure what it is for either. I also had an issue with the alarm going off when a heavy truck drove by due to some vibration/sound sensor being set too sensitive. Also I told him about the wheels taking a long time to change direction when putting car into reverse, as it will roll the wrong way for a few feet.

Attachments

#26 ·
What's the latest list???

I'm looking to get my '15 S in for the AF06 fuel line recall before the Christmas holiday. Are there other recent outstanding (and somewhat important) issues/service bullitens that I should bring up at drop off?
TIA!!!

#27 ·
Just bring your car in. The dealer will automatically check for any outstanding campaigns, software fixes, etc.

Reactions: macanS and WHT TGR
#29 ·
My 2016 got delivered with the PPF already applied to the rear door sills. 2 pieces of film, one on each door, about 8 inches high, and placed on the metal between the side blade and the rear wheel. Must have had enough damage issues for them to issue a TSB.

I put on more film in various places so the factory film just matches my dealer installed stuff.

#31 ·
True. At least the first thing my dealer did was run the VIN for any outstanding campaigns on computer.

Of course, if you have any issues with the car you need to inform the dealer service guy.

Reactions: macanS
#32 ·
2016 Macan Turbo: Campaigns, TSBs, software updates?

I took delivery end of 8-2015. In a month I will have my 10K oil change.

I just asked my SA if there are any open Campaigns, TSBs or software updates available. No.

I did have the fuel line recall done last December.

But, I’m wondering if in a year there are really no software updates for any system?

I’ve read here about various updates for A/C & fixes for rear window wiper & exhaust & a few other things. It could be these were all for “S” model & don’t apply to Turbo or these fixes/updates were for 2014 & 2015 models & all these were already done to my 2016 either in Germany when assembled or here at the dock during final inspection.

So, anyone else take delivery on a new 2016 Macan ~ August 2015 & as of now had zero software updates/fixes?

#34 ·
I took delivery end of 8-2015. In a month I will have my 10K oil change.

I just asked my SA if there are any open Campaigns, TSBs or software updates available. No.

I did have the fuel line recall done last December.

But, I’m wondering if in a year there are really no software updates for any system?

I’ve read here about various updates for A/C & fixes for rear window wiper & exhaust & a few other things. It could be these were all for “S” model & don’t apply to Turbo or these fixes/updates were for 2014 & 2015 models & all these were already done to my 2016 either in Germany when assembled or here at the dock during final inspection.

So, anyone else take delivery on a new 2016 Macan ~ August 2015 & as of now had zero software updates/fixes?
Was there a recall on exhaust ?
I just came back from my dealer due to a strange metallic noise in the exhaust.
They coud not fix it as most of the exhaust line has to be replaced.
My Turbo was one of the first one delivered (april 2014) and has only 15000 miles.

#33 ·
My '16 Turbo, when oil serviced was done today, had a reprogramming of all-wheel drive system control unit. "There is a possibility that the active all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction Management (PTM) on the affected vehicles will deliver too much propulsion force to the front axle when taking off at full load".

#38 ·
Seriously. I told my wife that from a pure enjoyment perspective, the Macan is the first car I could see myself wanting to own long term. From a repair and maintenance perspective I'd be scared to death though. I can only imagine the cost of repairing air suspension, turbos and all the other stuff that could fail over time.

#41 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.