Current TSB's - Page 4 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)

True. At least the first thing my dealer did was run the VIN for any outstanding campaigns on computer.

Of course, if you have any issues with the car you need to inform the dealer service guy.
macanS likes this.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Default 2016 Macan Turbo: Campaigns, TSBs, software updates?

I took delivery end of 8-2015. In a month I will have my 10K oil change.

I just asked my SA if there are any open Campaigns, TSBs or software updates available. No.

I did have the fuel line recall done last December.

But, Iím wondering if in a year there are really no software updates for any system?

Iíve read here about various updates for A/C & fixes for rear window wiper & exhaust & a few other things. It could be these were all for ďSĒ model & donít apply to Turbo or these fixes/updates were for 2014 & 2015 models & all these were already done to my 2016 either in Germany when assembled or here at the dock during final inspection.

So, anyone else take delivery on a new 2016 Macan ~ August 2015 & as of now had zero software updates/fixes?

2016 Macan Turbo | Sapphire Blue Metallic | agate grey middle leather pkg| 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | F&R SS skid plates | premium pkg plus| 18-way seats | A.S. wi PASM | PTV Plus| 3-zone | dark walnut | NO smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | wheel centers wi full color Porsche Logo |nano tinted windows |PPF
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My '16 Turbo, when oil serviced was done today, had a reprogramming of all-wheel drive system control unit. "There is a possibility that the active all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction Management (PTM) on the affected vehicles will deliver too much propulsion force to the front axle when taking off at full load".
iconoclast likes this.

Ordered 5/03/15: Turbo White / Agate Grey, AS, PTV, ACC, 20" SD, PSE

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post

I just asked my SA if there are any open Campaigns, TSBs or software updates available. No.

But, Iím wondering if in a year there are really no software updates for any system?

Iíve read here about various updates for A/C & fixes for rear window wiper & exhaust & a few other things. It could be these were all for ďSĒ model & donít apply to Turbo or these fixes/updates were for 2014 & 2015 models & all these were already done to my 2016 either in Germany when assembled or here at the dock during final inspection.

So, anyone else take delivery on a new 2016 Macan ~ August 2015 & as of now had zero software updates/fixes?
Was there a recall on exhaust ?
I just came back from my dealer due to a strange metallic noise in the exhaust.
They coud not fix it as most of the exhaust line has to be replaced.
My Turbo was one of the first one delivered (april 2014) and has only 15000 miles.

Turbo delivered on April 2014 ... love it !
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony92 View Post
Was there a recall on exhaust ?
I just came back from my dealer due to a strange metallic noise in the exhaust.
They coud not fix it as most of the exhaust line has to be replaced.
My Turbo was one of the first one delivered (april 2014) and has only 15000 miles.

If this noise is from the exhaust, then it's not a campaign or recall, Porsche Germany calls it voluntary repair & replacement. It involves changing out from the downpipes all the way to the end, just before the mufflers. Mine was done earlier this year after multiple times of midpipe bracket plates cracked.
iconoclast likes this.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
If this noise is from the exhaust, then it's not a campaign or recall, Porsche Germany calls it voluntary repair & replacement. It involves changing out from the downpipes all the way to the end, just before the mufflers. Mine was done earlier this year after multiple times of midpipe bracket plates cracked.
Actually the noise is coming from the pipes upstream (underneath the seats). I too had a crack in one of the pipes...I'm having all that replaced early next week (if they get delivered in time). It's the first and only problem I have had with car.

Turbo delivered on April 2014 ... love it !
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

This confirms my belief that you should not own a car these days outside of warranty. I can only imagine how much the parts cost for the muffler rattle.
kdr likes this.

If you see an ad just below my posted text above, it's inserted by the forum owner, not me.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 03:04 PM
kdr

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstudio View Post
This confirms my belief that you should not own a car these days outside of warranty. I can only imagine how much the parts cost for the muffler rattle.
Seriously. I told my wife that from a pure enjoyment perspective, the Macan is the first car I could see myself wanting to own long term. From a repair and maintenance perspective I'd be scared to death though. I can only imagine the cost of repairing air suspension, turbos and all the other stuff that could fail over time.

Enjoying a Macan GTS since June 2016
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post

I went in a few months ago for the fuel line fix, and they did one other update for the A/C, that was it. I go in for 1 yr service in a few weeks, we shall see if anything else needs fixing
iconoclast likes this.

2016 Macan S, Palladium Metallic, Delivered Aug 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvalt View Post
I went in a few months ago for the fuel line fix, and they did one other update for the A/C, that was it. I go in for 1 yr service in a few weeks, we shall see if anything else needs fixing
This is exactly the feedback I was looking for. I assume the A/C update was written on your Porsche Invoice. I wonder why mine did not have this done & my SA says nothing open on my VIN? Hard to believe the S model needs this A/C update while the Turbo model does not when they were manufactured ~ same time.

I just rechecked my Invoice from 12-2015
I DID have a Warranty update that I either didn't notice or forgot! In addition to the fuel line recall, I had several issues (none of which were resolved) Several false alarms when opened door, TPMS saying I changed Tire when I did not, Mirrors not folding every time I held the lock sensor on door handle, Auto S/S function- due to Yellow A with slash mostly & Parking sensor false alarms multiple times. So, there were 7 jobs listed.

Job #7 13POZWFD80 RE-PROGRAM ALL WHEEL DRIVE CONTROL UNIT

Update: just spoke to my SA. Note: those 13POZ #s are NOT the Porsche #s , rather the dealer #s . I don't know what the Porsche # is for that update. Maybe the last 4? "FD80?"
The Porsche # for the fuel line was the last 4 of that dealer 13POZ #.

I asked my SA about the A/C software update which is not listed in my Invoice of 12-2015. SA says it was done the day b4 I took delivery!

So, my 2016 delivered 8-2015 has had 3 warranty items:
Fuel line recall
A/C software
AWD software

I think that is all that s/b done.

2016 Macan Turbo | Sapphire Blue Metallic | agate grey middle leather pkg| 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | F&R SS skid plates | premium pkg plus| 18-way seats | A.S. wi PASM | PTV Plus| 3-zone | dark walnut | NO smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | wheel centers wi full color Porsche Logo |nano tinted windows |PPF

Last edited by iconoclast; 07-27-2016 at 09:40 PM.