User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 08:54 PM
K-A

Mentioned: 599 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)

What is the protective film on the rear sill exactly? Any particular build dates it pertains to?

2015 Porsche Macan S SportDesign | White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Tints.

'15 Mazda 3 i Sport.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech/Sport Auto/etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
What is the protective film on the rear sill exactly? Any particular build dates it pertains to?
Hmmmm...it's probably those two clear plastic films that I just removed from the metal inserts on the sill to the rear cargo area, assuming they were inadvertantly left there during the PDI...oh, well...

Ordered: 2015 Macan S, Agate/full black leather/brushed aluminum, PASM/AS, 20" Spyder wheels with monochrome crests, Premium Package Plus, gloss black roof rails and window trim, factory blades and fascia, model delete, ACC/PAS, LCA, 3-zone climate, smoker's pkg.

Delivered: 3/24/2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aftermarket: Passport Max2 on Blendmount, ProClip for iPhone on center console.

40,000 miles and no problems
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 PM
K-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spielzeug View Post
Hmmmm...it's probably those two clear plastic films that I just removed from the metal inserts on the sill to the rear cargo area, assuming they were inadvertantly left there during the PDI...oh, well...
Ohh. LOL. Yeah I took them of too and was actually mad at myself for not noticing them earlier to take them off. Looks way nicer and shinier without plastic covering them.

No regrets here. I don't plan on loading at least many of the kinds of things that could disturb it. And anyways, we have AS to do its "dump squat" if we need to get something in there (a feature I totally forgot about, btw, until I recently saw someone here mention it).

2015 Porsche Macan S SportDesign | White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Tints.

'15 Mazda 3 i Sport.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech/Sport Auto/etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 359 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spielzeug View Post
Ohh. LOL. Yeah I took them of too and was actually mad at myself for not noticing them earlier to take them off. Looks way nicer and shinier without plastic covering them.

No regrets here. I don't plan on loading at least many of the kinds of things that could disturb it. And anyways, we have AS to do its "dump squat" if we need to get something in there (a feature I totally forgot about, btw, until I recently saw someone here mention it).
Ok , that's funny guys !
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I am in for my 15K service next week and I asked the dealer for a list of TSB's or "campaigns" as Porsche calls them.

• Program Update to the PDK/ DME control unit
  • Checking the sensor for the interior surveillance in the roof console
  • Affixing protective film on rear door sill
  • Checking the vent line for cooling system
  • Checking the gap dimension of the front door and reworking if necessary

For reference I am in Western Canada, as there seems to be some variance from country to country/ dealer to dealer on what they tell customers.

Excellent information, thank you! (In my opinion Porsche should call them TSB's.)
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Good info guys! Thanks.

I pick up my car tomorrow...do I need to mention all of these things to them or will they already be managed? Cheers!
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)

I was in at service and they listed 4 WEs to do:

WE49
WE60
WE88 ? what is this ?
WE14 ? ditto !

For sure, I do not see the so-called protective film at rear sill doors at all, where exactly do you placed it ... their ugly butts and probably ends up charging back to warranty for work really NOT done at all. That's very dishonest of the dealer.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 09:33 PM
K-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I was in at service and they listed 4 WEs to do:

WE49
WE60
WE88 ? what is this ?
WE14 ? ditto !

For sure, I do not see the so-called protective film at rear sill doors at all, where exactly do you placed it ... their ugly butts and probably ends up charging back to warranty for work really NOT done at all. That's very dishonest of the dealer.
So is the plastic coating supposed to be at the rear DOORS or hatch area? The hatch area I had but peeled off. Don't think I have any on the rear door sills or any door sills, unless they're that hard to notice which I'd find unlikely since I go through the car thoroughly, often.

'15 Mazda 3 i Sport.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 236 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Garage

I have posted information about the WE49 campaign in the post below. Worth a look...!

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...tml#post899954
bobblehead likes this.

Macan S in jet black metallic with leather interior in black, dark walnut, RS Sypder wheels, stainless steel skid plates
Porsche code:
PFJ3YDU4. Delivered August 2014

My Reviews |
|
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Default WE88 and WF14

I'm sure most of you are already aware, however I am taking mine in this week for the squeaky steering (solved by simple lubrication) and was asked to leave it for the day due to two additional items identified by the system:

1) WE88 replace rear spray nozzle
2) WF14 Re-program DME control unit

Thought I'd post this in case its helpful to someone...